Division VII Poll Voting Discussion (Week 5)

Why are so many discounting Fort Loramie? They were easily a top 2 D7 team last year, and look to be rolling again this year.
Fort Loramie lost 24-21 in OT to Marion Local last year in the playoffs. That was much closer than anyone else played them in the D7 playoffs last year, it's just unfortunate these 2 had to play in the 2nd round. I'm not saying they are better than Marion Local, but I would definitely not count them out. Fort Loramie is loaded again this year, and returns much of last years team.

1. ML
2. JFK
3. LCC

The rest don't matter, especially Lucas since they run that awful offense. JFK only lost by 6 points to Garfield, LCC lost big to Benton. Ispo facto, their better.
You do realize LCC was without 5 starters in that game vs LB including their starting QB. Also the T - Birds have the most impressive win of any D - 7 school knocking off reigning D - 4 state - runner up Licking Valley and it wasn't that close of a game. LV's only loss of the season.

If I understood correctly, St. Paul didn't attempt a single pass the other night against Plymouth.

A hypothetical St. Paul-Lucas matchup might have everyone at home in bed by 8:30pm.

Speaking of which, Flyers against undefeated Monroeville this weekend. Should be a dandy.

LCC is very, very good. So is Loramie. Both of those teams are the big reason why I don't think ML wins all this year. Either Fort Loramie gets them in the regional finals or LCC beats them in the state semi. I predicted very early on this season a JFK-LCC state championship game and I'm going to stick with it.

If I understood correctly, St. Paul didn't attempt a single pass the other night against Plymouth.

A hypothetical St. Paul-Lucas matchup might have everyone at home in bed by 8:30pm.

Speaking of which, Flyers against undefeated Monroeville this weekend. Should be a dandy.
Lucas will maul St. Paul. Plymouth, St. Paul, Monroeville, they look like what people think all D7 teams look like. Small and not overly athletic.

Yes it is. I don't know how you suffered through it for 4 years. Doesn't that coach know that he's ruining players?
Not sure if you're being sarcastic/trolling or being legit? Please elaborate.

Ruining players?

Last edited:
LCC is very, very good. So is Loramie. Both of those teams are the big reason why I don't think ML wins all this year. Either Fort Loramie gets them in the regional finals or LCC beats them in the state semi. I predicted very early on this season a JFK-LCC state championship game and I'm going to stick with it.
Unless the state does what the did to LCC in 2010 where they made LCC play Ursuline and Coldwater play Fredericktown

Not sure if you're being sarcastic/trolling or being legit? Lol. Please elaborate.

Ruining players?

You posted that all your son did was pitch to RBs and was so far behind at Ashland he had to switch positions....Is ruining not the right term for what you are alluding to? They were your words, I was just trying to understand it.

You posted that all your son did was pitch to RBs and was so far behind at Ashland he had to switch positions....Is ruining not the right term for what you are alluding to? They were your words, I was just trying to understand it.
Nm, you're a troll.

To be honest I don't know much about Ft Loramie this year: I am aware of what they have done in the past. My ranking being a NE OH guy would be:
1. ML: I think there are chinks in the armor. I don't think they have performed even up to their standards. Still king of the hill
2. LCC: Talented roster with athletes, I believe their O outshines their D, tough out
3A. Ft Loramie: Last year had a hell of a squad not sure what returned
3B. Warren JFK: I think we are uninspired at times and don't play Kennedy football for 4 quarters. Run Defense is adequate, DBs have disappointed
3C. Lucas: A fight in a phone booth but stop their run. Hamstrung by their ability to throw the ball.

Region 26 is extremely weak this year. We are looking at Lima Perry possibly getting the 2 or 3 seed in that region. Let that sink in. I realize they are 5-0 but they still don't a candle to Spencerville, LCC, Arlington, Leipsic, etc

Region 26 is extremely weak this year. We are looking at Lima Perry possibly getting the 2 or 3 seed in that region. Let that sink in. I realize they are 5-0 but they still don't a candle to Spencerville, LCC, Arlington, Leipsic, etc
Perry would be competitive with Leipsic IMO.

I dont generally offer a statewide opinion because I learned a few years back I have no idea what's happening outside of my 50 mile radius. That said , of the teams I am familiar with, I go

1- Loramie- line backer play will give anyone at D7 level problems, is offense good enough to overcome great defense?

2- Marion Local- Defense is as good as usual, offense has committed turnovers and passing game is not what we have came to expect. Still deep bench and talented team .

3- LCC- this is a team that has blown it on the big stage the last couple years. Are they ready this year?

4- New Breman - MAC level program just not quite the depth needed to be a title contender.

5- 15 schools I wont take time to mention

6- Tri Village- not tested or ready yet. Great individual athlete(s), but team is green.