Week 6 Akron St. V's at Warren G. Harding canceled

RedEagle

No specific reason given, except that the cancellation came at the request of St. V's.
Can any St. V's backers shed some light on this?
I certainly hope this wasn't simply a case of the Irish coaching staff wanting to regroup for the playoffs.

No specific reason given, except that the cancellation came at the request of St. V's.
Can any St. V's backers shed some light on this?
I certainly hope this wasn't simply a case of the Irish coaching staff wanting to regroup for the playoffs.

Hoban beat SVSM up pretty good physically. Taking the “bye” to rest up.

Really strange development. Assuming this isn't virus related, the only thing I can think of is their health at QB. Starter got hurt early last night, and they really don't seem to have a capable backup. One of their starting LB's & WR's took turns at the position the rest of the game. If the starter is done, then they may want to take the next 2 weeks to devise a new way to play offense going into the playoffs.

Since Boardman was in Harding's conference, I just don't know why Harding did not schedule Boardman for week 6 to begin with

While I wish that it weren't the case, Harding won't travel that far for a game anymore. Especially this year of all years.

Unless they're willing to come to Warren.
Mifflin actually might be willing to make the trek. In recent years they’ve gone to Garfield Heights and Aurora. It might not be a good game, though. WGH would put it on Mifflin. But it might be moot, because I kinda wonder how a district that was uncertain about playing in the COVID season to begin with would feel about sending a team to play in a mid-size city 3 hours away.

If I were Harding, I would probably just rest up. After watching a bunch of games, I don't think Harding is too far behind any of the teams in Northeast Ohio. I know I don't want to play them again. If the QB gets just a little more time, or they get creative with him, Harding is going to be a tough out.

If I were Harding, I would probably just rest up. After watching a bunch of games, I don't think Harding is too far behind any of the teams in Northeast Ohio. I know I don't want to play them again. If the QB gets just a little more time, or they get creative with him, Harding is going to be a tough out.

I said it before and I'll say it again... Everybody in Warren knows what Harding's issue is. They don't need rest, a lighter schedule, "more time," etc.

The kids have played their butts off, but Harding is its own worst enemy.

I said it before and I'll say it again... Everybody in Warren knows what Harding's issue is. They don't need rest, a lighter schedule, "more time," etc.

The kids have played their butts off, but Harding is its own worst enemy.
coaching change coming soon?

coaching change coming soon?

I’m the one guy on here who doesn’t “hide behind a screen name,” so I’m sure the story will be, “Worm out here calling for a coaching change!” Ego destroyed Harding’s season before it started, but for reasons I won’t mention, I doubt anything will be done about it.

Harding has some quality coaches who work hard & genuinely care about the kids, but there’s also individuals here who don’t deserve to coach in Warren that have never had their names mentioned on Yappi before. I’ll keep it that way.

Well said Worm. Perhaps it is time for the HC to go because he is the one that is responsible for the team and its direction.

Well said Worm. Perhaps it is time for the HC to go because he is the one that is responsible for the team and its direction.

I’ve kept quiet all season, but since certain individuals want to run their mouths (not on Yappi)... I’ve seen so many comments on here either throwing shots or making excuses, but most don’t even know the half unless you live here. This season could’ve been special, but my support for Harding has never been based on wins & losses as I haven’t missed a single game in over 23 years.

True story... The day after the Massillon-Harding game, I met Nate Moore at the Buena Vista Cafe. He was in Warren for the JV with David Lee Morgan Jr., a Warren native who teaches at Massillon and used to coach with Moore. We had an awesome conversation! I explained to them that Massillon is in the position that they’re in because their community collectively builds their youth up off the field, which allows them to have big moments on the field. Places that do that are the ones that consistently put out great products on the field, but in places where that organization lacks, especially in large urban cities, those places tend to struggle and lose their best athletes to other schools. For example, would you rather send your child to John Adams or St. Ignatius? Kenmore-Garfield or Hoban/SVSM? It’s not hard to figure out.

The “Warren, Ohio” I grew up in had programs in place that set our youth up to flourish. Today’s kids have no idea, but there’s still some great people here that want the best for our kids. However, I know first hand that some of these people get hated on badly for no reason. Around here, it’s more “popular” to kick dirt on our own people than to help them flourish. It’s sickening, but I gave Moore props for putting himself in the positions that he was in at Massillon, La Salle, and Minster where he was surrounded by people who shared his passion for empowering & chasing success.

As a whole, Warren ain’t like that anymore, but there’s things that could’ve been done here that would’ve made Harding much stronger than 2-3. Trust me.

That's too bad. No worries though, I'm sure Coach will have a game by the end of the day. He knows the seniors deserve as many games as possible.

I’ve kept quiet all season, but since certain individuals want to run their mouths (not on Yappi)... I’ve seen so many comments on here either throwing shots or making excuses, but most don’t even know the half unless you live here. This season could’ve been special, but my support for Harding has never been based on wins & losses as I haven’t missed a single game in over 23 years.

True story... The day after the Massillon-Harding game, I met Nate Moore at the Buena Vista Cafe. He was in Warren for the JV with David Lee Morgan Jr., a Warren native who teaches at Massillon and used to coach with Moore. We had an awesome conversation! I explained to them that Massillon is in the position that they’re in because their community collectively builds their youth up off the field, which allows them to have big moments on the field. Places that do that are the ones that consistently put out great products on the field, but in places where that organization lacks, especially in large urban cities, those places tend to struggle and lose their best athletes to other schools. For example, would you rather send your child to John Adams or St. Ignatius? Kenmore-Garfield or Hoban/SVSM? It’s not hard to figure out.

The “Warren, Ohio” I grew up in had programs in place that set our youth up to flourish. Today’s kids have no idea, but there’s still some great people here that want the best for our kids. However, I know first hand that some of these people get hated on badly for no reason. Around here, it’s more “popular” to kick dirt on our own people than to help them flourish. It’s sickening, but I gave Moore props for putting himself in the positions that he was in at Massillon, La Salle, and Minster where he was surrounded by people who shared his passion for empowering & chasing success.

As a whole, Warren ain’t like that anymore, but there’s things that could’ve been done here that would’ve made Harding much stronger than 2-3. Trust me.
IMO, Warren football lost that old time youth building program with the loss of WWR. Not because they lost the school that was such an important part of the identity of the community but they lost that rivilary that kids grow up with and dream about playing in someday. Would McKinley and Massillion be who they are today if they let the "game" become a game no longer played and a past memory. Kids grow up in those communities with a desire to be on the field one day for that game. Now you add the end of the SVC and even the lost of Niles as an old time rival left Warren kids with nothing to excite them but random teams on the schedule. A conference and a new rival would go a long way to building back what was lost.