UC Bearcats

Kiner commits to LSU
Not surprised. I’ve never seen him play. Can anyone who has comment on his talent? His competition at Roger Bacon is generally not very good. I trust the college coaches know what they are doing but is he LSU/SEC level good?

Last edited:
Not surprised. I’ve never seen him play. Can anyone who has comment on his talent? His competition at RB is generally not very good. I trust the college coaches know what they are doing but is he LSU/SEC level good?

I would compare him to Spencer Ware, another Cincy RB who went to LSU. I don't think he is as good as Ware, but close.

I wish him well. Just disconcerting that we couldn't pull in neither Miyan Williams or Corey Kiner. At least we still have Charles McClelland, Gerrid Doaks, Ryan Montgomery, and the Alabama transfer Jerome Ford at running back.

UC students return to campus Aug 24th
Positive sign for football
My take is that as long as the ACC and SEC play fall sports then the AAC will as well. Most of the conference is in the south and that will be a factor in the decision. My youngest has been on campus (women’s soccer) since Aug 1. They are doing everything necessary to follow the Covid protocols. Everyone has stayed healthy. I believe there is a football player or two that have tested positive and didn’t go with the team to camp in Indiana.

One college football team left in Ohio. Still believe if the ACC and SEC don’t cave the Bearcats (And AAC)will be playing.

The UC swim team has reported 10 cases of Covid-19. It is an insular team so hopefully it doesn't get out of their bubble and affect the football team but still created a huge alarm bell in the athletic department; the new AD basically threatened the various 2nd tier sports programs future if they don't get their athletes in order.

The UC swim team has reported 10 cases of Covid-19. It is an insular team so hopefully it doesn't get out of their bubble and affect the football team but still created a huge alarm bell in the athletic department; the new AD basically threatened the various 2nd tier sports programs future if they don't get their athletes in order.
AD basically said if we find you at any parties you’ll lose any scholarship money from the athletic dept.

If you UC or another AAC team runs the table, should they be in the playoffs?

Probably should but it will not happen.

The 2nd place SEC team, especially if it is 'Bama or UGA, will be angling that they are more deserving than an AAC team do to strength of schedule. Also, if ND upsets Clemson and the Tigers finish with only 1 L they will make a case as a program with a proven track record. No way does the committee not take into account brand name if ratings are down and they need to beef things up for their TV partners.

Probably should but it will not happen.

The 2nd place SEC team, especially if it is 'Bama or UGA, will be angling that they are more deserving than an AAC team do to strength of schedule. Also, if ND upsets Clemson and the Tigers finish with only 1 L they will make a case as a program with a proven track record. No way does the committee not take into account brand name if ratings are down and they need to beef things up for their TV partners.
Probably right. Just wishful thinking. They would have to dominate the AAC just for any consideration and that’s not going to happen.