PAC 2020

Congratulations to Northwest, what a great game between both schools.. just what the pac 7 needed. Maybe they will meet again in the playoffs

Manchester: Duty does not appear to be an upgrade over Pappas. The older Soles and Summers are their only offensive weapons. Summers MUST be used more. Where is Briggs? They may not win another game.

Manchester: Duty does not appear to be an upgrade over Pappas. The older Soles and Summers are their only offensive weapons. Summers MUST be used more. Where is Briggs? They may not win another game.
Cant disagree much after last nights performance although Duty seems to have potential to be groomed into something decent for the team. After watching Pappas from the sideline for 8 years we've all seen that he just doesn't have the mind of a QB.
I'm sure we all know why Pappas was the starter. We are also all certain it wasn't based on quarterbacking ability.
And that about sums it up. Brophy plays football, not politics. If the kid could get the job done he would have been on the field. Storming France's office and threatening to leave the district got the kid two letters for place holding, but France is gone. I had the unfortunate luck of sitting near enough to hear his father ranting last night. And by "near enough" I mean ANYWHERE in the stadium or surrounding neighborhoods. From the moment Duty walked onto the field until Rootstown took a knee in the last seconds his mouth never stopped. If words could kill we'd be planning funerals for Brophy and OC Jividen. I guess these guys don't know $*%$ about football and do nothing but watch film instead of practicing. We had 4 minutes peace when he took his kid to the restroom at halftime. At least he yelled out some encouraging words to his boy on the sideline now and then, however passive aggressive they may have been. This is the new Manchester. Brophy won't be intimidated by has-beens (and that's a quote). To quote SpeedSafety, that tradition retired.
Least athletic team Manchester has had in a LONNNNGGGG time ... no speed ... #5 and #14 are the two slowest RB's ever to wear black n red ... Not sure how or why #2 wasn't the starter from day one at Qb ...
As was said before, Manchester is entering into a dark era. Not sure how long this will last as there isn't much talent on the horizon it seems. Numbers are way down, there were only 13 signed up at the start of this season even before the administration screwed with the schedule. We got used to a superstar or three for a few years so yes, obviously our team looks slow this year. IMO we have some sparks of a good squad in the chaos. Groom Duty (he and Schindelwolf are a great combo), bring back Briggs, Soles, Johnston's a beast on D and yes, Summers (another dad with a big mouth last night). Coaches may need earplugs for the next season or two and change their cell numbers.

Last edited:
Cant disagree much after last nights performance although Duty seems to have potential to be groomed into something decent for the team. After watching Pappas from the sideline for 8 years we've all seen that he just doesn't have the mind of a QB.

And that about sums it up. Brophy plays football, not politics. If the kid could get the job done he would have been on the field. Storming France's office and threatening to leave the district got the kid two letters for place holding, but France is gone. I had the unfortunate luck of sitting near enough to hear his father ranting last night. And by "near enough" I mean ANYWHERE in the stadium or surrounding neighborhoods. From the moment Duty walked onto the field until Rootstown took a knee in the last seconds his mouth never stopped. If words could kill we'd be planning funerals for Brophy and OC Jividen. I guess these guys don't know $*%$ about football and do nothing but watch film instead of practicing. We had 4 minutes peace when he took his kid to the restroom at halftime. At least he yelled out some encouraging words to his boy on the sideline now and then, however passive aggressive they may have been. This is the new Manchester. Brophy won't be intimidated by has-beens (and that's a quote). To quote SpeedSafety, that tradition retired.

As was said before, Manchester is entering into a dark era. Not sure how long this will last as there isn't much talent on the horizon it seems. Numbers are way down, there was only 13 signed up at the start of this season even before the administration screwed with the schedule. We got used to a superstar or three for a few years so yes, obviously our team looks slow this year. IMO we have some sparks of a good squad in the chaos. Groom Duty (he and Schindelwolf are a great combo), bring back Briggs, Soles, Johnston's a beast on D and yes, Summers (another dad with a big mouth last night). Coaches may need earplugs for the next season or two and change their cell numbers.
Great observations guys!

Week 6:
Blue Cup. Looks completely lopsided, but you never know in rivalry games (but think we really do)

CVCA-Manchester. These 2 have flip flopped wk 10 wins the last few years. Manchester got theirs last year and see no reason at all that the Royals won't get their payback.

Triway-Orrville. Two teams whose wins have come against Tuslaw & Loudonville so they're not necessarily that good, but they definitely don't like each other so that's always fun.

Loudonville-Northwest. Will be a cold night along the river. In their first game on grass Indians will feel like they're on ice skates for awhile. Just win and get home healthy.

I have to say, I was pretty shocked to see Manchester lose.

As far as the NW v Fairless game. Fairless was definitely much tougher than expected on defense. Makes more sense why that Manchester game went the way it did. However, if you look at their 12 points, they only had 7 yards of offense in those two scores, probably less actually because I think there was a penalty flag that moved them closer on the one set of plays. Their best drive was the one at the end of the game but thankfully we got the interception that we did. We held them to only 162 yards of offense all night and at least 50 of that was their last drive. Penalties absolutely killed us all night long and it seemed like Mick's touch and cohesiveness with the receivers was just a bit off. Passes he has been making all season were just overthrown or thrown out of bounds. I'm hoping that this close game better prepares the team for the playoffs because now they know how to truly buckle down and grind out a win.

I don't know much about Loudenville, but looking at their scores, we should be able to pretty easily win.

I have to say, I was pretty shocked to see Manchester lose.

As far as the NW v Fairless game. Fairless was definitely much tougher than expected on defense. Makes more sense why that Manchester game went the way it did. However, if you look at their 12 points, they only had 7 yards of offense in those two scores, probably less actually because I think there was a penalty flag that moved them closer on the one set of plays. Their best drive was the one at the end of the game but thankfully we got the interception that we did. We held them to only 162 yards of offense all night and at least 50 of that was their last drive. Penalties absolutely killed us all night long and it seemed like Mick's touch and cohesiveness with the receivers was just a bit off. Passes he has been making all season were just overthrown or thrown out of bounds. I'm hoping that this close game better prepares the team for the playoffs because now they know how to truly buckle down and grind out a win.

I don't know much about Loudenville, but looking at their scores, we should be able to pretty easily win.

Loudenville has no speed except for the freshman#2. He is very talented. The rest are the same kids that have been getting running clocks put on them for 3 years. Your starters should be able to rest up for the playoffs after halftime.

Does that place have hash marks or any numbers painted on the 10-yard increments yet?
No hash marks, but it does have numbers for every 10 yards.

EgdgfABWoAACLBa

No hash marks, but it does have numbers for every 10 yards.

EgdgfABWoAACLBa
That's a step up from what I remember from my lone visit there. I just re-checked the film from that game. No yard line numbers were painted, and no hash marks were present other than the ones on the 5-yard increments. The sandwich board yard markers on the sidelines were difficult to locate. The field had a nice crown to it as well.

That's a step up from what I remember from my lone visit there. I just re-checked the film from that game. No yard line numbers were painted, and no hash marks were present other than the ones on the 5-yard increments. The sandwich board yard markers on the sidelines were difficult to locate. The field had a nice crown to it as well.

Something even more bizarre about the stadium at Loudenville is that they have no dividers or partition between the standers and the squatters in the rest room

Something even more bizarre about the stadium at Loudenville is that they have no dividers or partition between the standers and the squatters in the rest room
Uh oh, look out. Here comes them highfalutin Summit County boys with all their restroom dividers and fancy-schmancy stuff. Next thing you know they’ll be asking for Coke and Pepsi to be served at the concession stand.

(Sarcasm Meter: ding ding ding)

Just looking at Division 4 region 13 it has to be the strongest region in all of Division 4. I'm hearing the top 7 teams will get a bye. Obviously Northwest will get one and more then likely Canton South ( future pac 7 member) not sure if Fairless will or not, but they should be close. Good chance cvca could be at home week one and I look for them to be a much different team then what faced Northwest and Fairless. Even with two losses Ursuline seems like a very strong team to watch out for..Does anyone know how many home games the top seeds get?

Just looking at Division 4 region 13 it has to be the strongest region in all of Division 4. I'm hearing the top 7 teams will get a bye. Obviously Northwest will get one and more then likely Canton South ( future pac 7 member) not sure if Fairless will or not, but they should be close. Good chance cvca could be at home week one and I look for them to be a much different team then what faced Northwest and Fairless. Even with two losses Ursuline seems like a very strong team to watch out for..Does anyone know how many home games the top seeds get?
State is using 32 team bracket so D4R13 should have 8 teams get byes. Higher seed is at home until state semis unless they can’t host for some reason. All depends on coaches vote, but using Joe Eitel #s NW, Fairless, CVCA would all be on same side of bracket.

Should be fun in R13 with all the local flavor. That said R16 is stacked. Clinton Massie, St ParisGraham, Wyoming. Valley View will likely be same seed as Fairless and their losses are in OT to two D3 schools with a combined 8 wins. That’s a little different than failing to score against a Manchester team that has scored 1 offensive TD in 3 games

State is using 32 team bracket so D4R13 should have 8 teams get byes. Higher seed is at home until state semis unless they can’t host for some reason. All depends on coaches vote, but using Joe Eitel #s NW, Fairless, CVCA would all be on same side of bracket.

Should be fun in R13 with all the local flavor. That said R16 is stacked. Clinton Massie, St ParisGraham, Wyoming. Valley View will likely be same seed as Fairless and their losses are in OT to two D3 schools with a combined 8 wins. That’s a little different than failing to score against a Manchester team that has scored 1 offensive TD in 3 games
Yeah, R13 is good, but R16 is stacked.

Honestly, I kind of wish that they could have found a way to make all 6 games matter in regards to seeding. It makes the last game seem worthless unless you are vying for league title.

Honestly, I kind of wish that they could have found a way to make all 6 games matter in regards to seeding. It makes the last game seem worthless unless you are vying for league title.
You're going to be the #1 seed so I can see your point, but every other league team has a rivalry week game in week 6 so it matters to them.

If anything you should be happy it doesn't matter how the Indians play on that tall, wet grass on the river. Couple years ago a really good CVCA got tripped up at Tuslaw in same kinda scenario so at least for y'all it won't matter this year.

Besides, with COVID, the schools will need extra time to figure out tickets & travel situations.

Division 4 region 13:
Northwest #1 seed
Fairless #11 seed
CVCA #13 seed
Yikes! First round should go ok with the matchups, but Girard, Perry & Ursuline in the next round? Ouch.

At least NW will have a week off to prepare, Girard's probably one of the best 16 seeds you could find. Their 3 losses are to teams that went 13-2 and got seeded 2, 2, and 9 (in D3). Not exactly a warm-up game for their first playoff game in awhile.

Yikes! First round should go ok with the matchups, but Girard, Perry & Ursuline in the next round? Ouch.

At least NW will have a week off to prepare, Girard's probably one of the best 16 seeds you could find. Their 3 losses are to teams that went 13-2 and got seeded 2, 2, and 9 (in D3). Not exactly a warm-up game for their first playoff game in awhile.

I'm curious to know how much would change if the State would have waited until after week 6.

I'm curious to know how much would change if the State would have waited until after week 6.
Likely not much for anyone in D4R13. Canton South & West Branch play each other so they'd likely just flip in rankings. Everyone else is likely to stay the same.

Think the "early" announcement was necessary considering EVERYONE is playing next week (or on bye) and needs to get prepared. There will be some schools hosting playoff games for the first time in their history so the little bit of extra time is likely very helpful.

If Northwest stays healthy, they SHOULD sleepwalk their way to Regionals! Also, I have to admit, I love this playoff/season format. I love seeing every team make the tournament and having new teams play different places. Ultimately it doesn't change things, good teams are still good and bad teams still bad, but I like having everyone included much like Basketball and Baseball.....I mean lets face it, I'd much rather play a bad team as part of a playoff run and part of the stepping stones in the playoffs than play a virtually meaningless game against a league (or non league) opponent that I know is going to lose by 40....