Ohio In Play?

Obi-Wan

New polling out over the last two day’s seems to indicate that Ohio is in play. That’s not what I expected

Fox News- Biden +5
Quinnipiac- Biden +1
Baldwin Wallace- Biden +1

If Biden wants to play in Ohio he’s going to need high turnout in the suburbs. Trump is more popular than Jesus in the rural counties.

New polling out over the last two day’s seems to indicate that Ohio is in play. That’s not what I expected

Fox News- Biden +5
Quinnipiac- Biden +1

If Biden wants to play in Ohio he’s going to need high turnout in the suburbs. Trump is more popular than Jesus in the rural counties.
Nah......it will be the same seven counties in Ohio that always vote for the Leftists, they top out at about 2.3 million votes max. The other eighty-one counties in Ohio will drop about 3 million plus votes for Trump. As you said, the enthusiasm for that Magnificent Orange Bastard outside of the three or four metros is off the hook.

In the 2nd half of August & the 1st half of September 2016 Hillary had a +5 point lead on Trump in the RCP poll. She lost by over 8 points in November.

Ohio was always in play. It's been a swing state for decades and that hasn't changed this year despite what moron pollsters and pundits will tell you.

It's all turnout. Whatever people don't vote most years but decide to vote any given year will swing the election.

Trump has gained support in Ohio from 2016... especially from the minority voters. Also much more enthusiasm for Trump as the masses awake from the media medication.

The dems are doing predictive programing to throw doubt on as many states as possible...very predictable, we knew this was coming.

The government leaches, the indoctrinated, and the media drones are the only people who would vote for a shadow government for president, as Biden is clearly not present.

1600997076780.png
Trump up in Michigan

Fox News- Biden +5
Quinnipiac- Biden +1

He's winning the suburbs, too.

Massillon is not the suburbs, btw.

He's winning the suburbs, too.

Massillon is not the suburbs, btw.
I live in a suburb and it is almost exclusively Biden signs. Trump is bleeding support in suburbs like the one I live in

But, no, Trump will win Ohio. It won’t be an 8 point rout like 2016, but he will win it.

I live in the suburbs in SW Ohio and I would say Trump signs outweigh Biden signs 15 to 1, at least, probably by more. Biden/Harris signs are such an odd sight that my wife points it out every time she sees one. I think Trump will win Ohio easily. I still can't believe people continue to buy into these "polls" when they are notoriously wrong.

Tighter than the 8 point margin in 2016, but the orange one will get it done here again. I'd guess by 4-5 points as of now.

Springfield (Clark county) and bordering exurbs I would say that signs are much closer to a 50/50 split than what I would have expected. It was virtually all Trump in 2016 and he carried the county by 18-20 points. This year it seems to be trending back into historically swing territory where the margin is within 5 points. As noted in the OP though, in a couple of more rural neighboring counties that I frequent Trump is arguably more popular than Jesus. The point spreads in these less urbanized counties with populations of 75k or less may be historically big across the board. For this to actually wind up being a tight race Biden has to perform big in the Columbus suburbs and makeup sizable ground in the cities with 50-100k population.

Last edited:
Has Biden campaigned in Ohio yet?
His visit for the debate, if he shows, will be the first visit I can recall.

Ohio's Electoral votes are way down over the influx of illegals in coastal/southern areas inflating census data. Ohio has kept a static population total shifting red during Joe's 45+ years in politics - 21 Electoral votes down to probably 16 after the 2020 census. When Joe starts unravelling by noon after morning appearances many days, Sleepy Joe has no time for a state he's lost already.

Last edited:
I live in a suburb and it is almost exclusively Biden signs. Trump is bleeding support in suburbs like the one I live in

But, no, Trump will win Ohio. It won’t be an 8 point rout like 2016, but he will win it.
where ?

I'm driving through old UAW, trades union areas, healthcare commuters, and it's 80/20 Trump. Gov union, folks at public universities and schools, bigger cities and liberal idealogues seem to constitute Biden sign holders around me.

Last edited:
Within Clermont, Warren & Butler county's the signs are 90/10 Trump. These three counties carried GW Bush to victory in Ohio in 2004.

For some reason I thought you were out west.

Who can believe the polls? All I know is that this Ohio registered Republican, in the Columbus suburbs, won't be voting for the incumbent. From a policy standpoint, Biden and the democrats are a nightmare. But Trump thumbs his nose at all of America and the Constitution. His constant lies about the pandemic, manipulative and childish behavior, false claims about rigged elections, and refusal to peacefully transition power are just too much. The man cares only about himself, and is mentally ill. He can't be in power 4 more years.

Lots of people I know are like me - and we don't put up Biden yard signs because we aren't stupid. Some of Trump's more extreme followers will drive by in their pickup truck and break my windows. These are the "Law and Order" followers, by the way.

Who can believe the polls? All I know is that this Ohio registered Republican, in the Columbus suburbs, won't be voting for the incumbent. From a policy standpoint, Biden and the democrats are a nightmare. But Trump thumbs his nose at all of America and the Constitution. His constant lies about the pandemic, manipulative and childish behavior, false claims about rigged elections, and refusal to peacefully transition power are just too much. The man cares only about himself, and is mentally ill. He can't be in power 4 more years.

Lots of people I know are like me - and we don't put up Biden yard signs because we aren't stupid. Some of Trump's more extreme followers will drive by in their pickup truck and break my windows. These are the "Law and Order" followers, by the way.

So you are not all that bright and/or you vote against your own interest because you think and act emotionally rather than rationally. Thanks for clearing that up. Are you a man or a woman? just curious.

Yeah, a friend of mine had a Biden sign in his yard and it got stolen. Saw one in our neighborhood recently as we were driving through and it was gone less than 4 hours later on the way back home.

Reactions: 4GX

This is what I mean by the suburb bleeding that has happened. I know several people like this in different regions of Ohio. The suburbs are turning away from Trump at an alarming rate. I don’t think it will be enough to flip Ohio though.

Reactions: 4GX
This is what I mean by the suburb bleeding that has happened. I know several people like this in different regions of Ohio. The suburbs are turning away from Trump at an alarming rate. I don’t think it will be enough to flip Ohio though.
? you’re reaching happy levels the closer this gets

? you’re reaching happy levels the closer this gets
Not really. Trump is going to win Ohio. I have literally said it in this thread ? He is also going to win other states that are “close” ie Texas, Georgia, Iowa, etc. I’m not deluded into thinking Biden will win those.

So you are not all that bright and/or you vote against your own interest because you think and act emotionally rather than rationally. Thanks for clearing that up. Are you a man or a woman? just curious.
I'm a man, college grad, fairly bright, small software business owner. I'd prefer to vote for republicans because I am a capitalist, believe in small government, and generally agree with republican policy. I'm willing to set aside my preferred policy for 4 years in order to get a dictator-wanna-be out of power. Biden would do less damage in the next 4 years than this guy. This is a vote for America's soul, and it troubles me that so many people can't see that. Trump is basically urinating on the constitution and a bunch of people are cheering him on. I don't get it.

Can you explain, Mr. Troll?

I'm a man, college grad, fairly bright, small software business owner. I'd prefer to vote for republicans because I am a capitalist, believe in small government, and generally agree with republican policy. I'm willing to set aside my preferred policy for 4 years in order to get a dictator-wanna-be out of power. Biden would do less damage in the next 4 years than this guy. This is a vote for America's soul, and it troubles me that so many people can't see that. Trump is basically urinating on the constitution and a bunch of people are cheering him on. I don't get it.

Can you explain, Mr. Troll?

☝ This post does not make you look any brighter or any more rational.