Ohio Heritage Conference 2020

I think you are simply guessing at this point. Imfrom my understanding the AD was apologizing for not communicating properly so I’m assuming that he probably.

So because its never happened that means its SCCs fault? Again we can run the game back and look at the double digit Unsportsman like conduct penalties you had. I guess those were all SCCs fault to? I’ve never seen so many Unsportmanlike penalties thrown on one team. That was disgusting. Alot of taunting and alot of after the whistle antics. Those flags don’t come for no reason. We will see how it goes all I know is these coaches inherited a dumpster fire and they're trying their best to turn it around.
yeah strange.. neither have I until that game! Think Greenon just played too physical for SCC. Im not defending anyone who threw punches but seemed like whenever Greenon had players flying to the ball and gang-tackling, flags were flying. Greenon has done the same thing every other game this year yet ive only seen 2 more personal fouls MAX thrown on them. This isn't a Greenon problem.

yeah strange.. neither have I until that game! Think Greenon just played too physical for SCC. Im not defending anyone who threw punches but seemed like whenever Greenon had players flying to the ball and gang-tackling, flags were flying. Greenon has done the same thing every other game this year yet ive only seen 2 more personal fouls MAX thrown on them. This isn't a Greenon problem.
Lol at too physical. I didnt see many hard hits they were flying around though. But I don’t see falga for that. You don’t get taunting penalties for being physical and flying to the ball.....

Regarding football only, I do not know what may or may not be going on with the SCC program & it’s culture. Looking at the #’s only, SCC is trending in the wrong direction. SCC is currently riding a 28 game losing streak and have not beaten a team that finished the season with a winning record since 2011 (SCC beat Triad 35-28 in wk 4 and finished the season 7-3). It simply comes down to #’s, No team can compete with less than 30 kids on the roster in grades 9-12. If numbers do not improve/increase, SCC will be forced to look at 8-man football. Since 2010 SCC has gone 32-74 - 30.19% with 17 of these wins coming in 2010 & 2011.

2020 0-4
2019 0-10
2018 0-10
2017 3-7
2016 6-4
2015 4-6
2014 0-10
2013 0-10
2012 2-8
2011 8-3
2010 9-2
Don’t forget the league has more than football. One of the problems on here is too many forget about those other teams and players. SCC is competitive inevery other fall sport.

Shoprat2 - Yes, that’s why my first sentence was ‘regarding football only’.

I have a lot of respect for the SCC kids who have played during this dry spell, football is a tough sport to play when you are outmanned each and every week. Hopefully SCC can get back to being competitive on Friday nights.

What do you mean "could"? Central currently has quite a few kids on the football team who should be at Springfield and the starting five on the basketball team a couple years ago were all Springfield kids as well. Time will only tell if the pipeline continues. I'm talking about Springfields 14-18th best players on the football team who will see little to no time are the ones that will transfer. Same with basketball will the kids who would get cut or make the team but never play continue to transfer? If I'm at Central it makes sense to seek these kids out and perfect sense for those kids to make the move.
Only 1 of the basketball players was a Springfield kid rest had been at Central or a county school

SCC used to be very competitive in the SRC. Milton had fits with them. I have much respect for that program and the kids. Too bad they aren't located in a more rural setting. It might draw more kids to the school. I'm not sure.

SCC used to be very competitive in the SRC. Milton had fits with them. I have much respect for that program and the kids. Too bad they aren't located in a more rural setting. It might draw more kids to the school. I'm not sure.
They get plenty of kids that can't make the cut from Springfield and other Clark County schools. SCC needs them to be competitive and it's finally showing now. They'll hire the right coaches after the have learnt their lesson. ROTFLMAO!

Last edited:
Kids that don't make the cut at the other schools. Is that better? :ROFLMAO:
BTW, I read where another poster said that, and you didn't comment. I wonder why you are now?o_O

Maybe he didn't see it? An adult calling high school kids "rejects" in any sense of the word is about as ignorant as you can get. I love passionate high school football fans; but you have to remember that these are impressionable, and in most cases innocent kids who are working their tails off each week to play this sport. There are two sides to every story as we are seeing with this Greenon/SCC argument. Some things are better left unsaid, even if you feel strongly. Because again, these are kids.

Maybe he didn't see it? An adult calling high school kids "rejects" in any sense of the word is about as ignorant as you can get. I love passionate high school football fans; but you have to remember that these are impressionable, and in most cases innocent kids who are working their tails off each week to play this sport. There are two sides to every story as we are seeing with this Greenon/SCC argument. Some things are better left unsaid, even if you feel strongly. Because again, these are kids.
Again, I read that on this thread. Sorry for those words. I did reply with "kids that couldn't make the cut". Geez, how many times to I have to say "my bad". Good God, people are so sensitive. Iv'e read much worse on here and y'all are trying to crucify me. Go ahead, I'm a big boy. I can take it. :cool:(y)

Only 1 of the basketball players was a Springfield kid rest had been at Central or a county school
I had heard one transferred in JH, one in elementary while 2 had siblings that went to Springfield which led me to the assumption the 5th had a Springfield connection at some point. Again all was hearsay but seemed from reliable source as the person was affiliated with Central.

I had heard one transferred in JH, one in elementary while 2 had siblings that went to Springfield which led me to the assumption the 5th had a Springfield connection at some point. Again all was hearsay but seemed from reliable source as the person was affiliated with Central.
I think your source is right. They get a lot of kids from Clark County.

Don’t forget the league has more than football. One of the problems on here is too many forget about those other teams and players. SCC is competitive inevery other fall sport.

I surely haven't forgot about that and that was my thought is what has been tolerated, allowed or maybe even encouraged by at least one other program is going to become the norm at SCC (they may want to retro some archdioceses double checks) . And some of what was/is coming out about football made me wonder harder, fbguru is presenting a good case of fighting a battle to do it right on the football side, time will tell.
I have familiarity with Central back to before a time when shoprat may have been building scouts things there appear to be trending the same way the city has since the days of the scout. As a league fit - you can win at all the sports or be last and still be a good or bad fit, lots of factors.

Bobcat is not wrong with his observations and that doesn't make those things wrong it's just that the days of recruiting happening at mass at St. Bernards or see who's coming down from St. Marys in Urbana are way over they are forced to be more creative. As for the basketball deal I'm pretty sure at least one of those boys came for Cbus but had Springfield ties, not 100% sure but it doesn't matter.

Last edited:
I surely haven't forgot about that and that was my thought is what has been tolerated, allowed or maybe even encouraged by at least one other program is going to become the norm at SCC (they may want to retro some archdioceses double checks) . And some of what was/is coming out about football made me wonder harder, fbguru is presenting a good case of fighting a battle to do it right on the football side, time will tell.
I have familiarity with Central back to before a time when shoprat may have been building scouts things there appear to be trending the same way the city has since the days of the scout. As a league fit - you can win at all the sports or be last and still be a good or bad fit, lots of factors.

Bobcat is not wrong with his observations and that doesn't make those things wrong it's just that the days of recruiting happening at mass at St. Bernards or see who's coming down from St. Marys in Urbana are way over. As for the basketball deal I'm pretty sure at least one of those boys came for Cbus but had Springfield ties, not 100% sure but it doesn't matter.
He was from Springfield played at Roosevelt in middle school moved to Columbus so never played at all at SHS. His older brother played 2 years at Springfield before they moved.

I think FB might give WJ some trouble, but I think Burg will be ok. But I would love to see a WJ/Burg rematch in the regional final down the road. That would be a dandy.

Region 24 is Coldwater's until somebody beats them, they are the clear cut favorites. Mechanicsburg is the #1 contender outside of Coldwater followed by Adena. West Jeff has to improve on the O & D lines before they are able to compete & possibly beat any of these 3 teams.

I'm curious to see if Fairbanks can compete this week. Their sophomore RB is a tank and I have a feeling he'll help them compete well within the division over the next couple of years.. Good speed with a powerful low center of gravity.

Region 24 is Coldwater's until somebody beats them, they are the clear cut favorites. Mechanicsburg is the #1 contender outside of Coldwater followed by Adena. West Jeff has to improve on the O & D lines before they are able to compete & possibly beat any of these 3 teams.

I dont disagree, but Adena has never gone far in the playoffs, whereas WJ has, so id put WJ 3rd. But when you have an All state QB and a solid group of WRs, you can play with anyone. And WJ has a good coaching staff as well I believe.

I dont disagree, but Adena has never gone far in the playoffs, whereas WJ has, so id put WJ 3rd. But when you have an All state QB and a solid group of WRs, you can play with anyone. And WJ has a good coaching staff as well I believe.

If that was a one loss mac team maybe but being unbeaten in 2020 winning their big game and consistently being at the top of their deal it's only rational and that you group Coldwater, Burg and Adena in the top 3 and then those traditionally good teams that just missed in their big games this year Ft Recovery, West Jeff, & Paint Valley go next.

Bigger question is will the also-rans in the MAC be as strong or stronger than everyone else? Ft Recovery isn't a push over.
OHC is a very strong conference and I think they could become a MAC-type conference soon. Mechanicsburg, West Liberty, West Jeff, etc are very good.

You forgot Fairbanks
I know you guys write off the south...but Greeneview will be back in full force in a few years they have some really nice classes coming up...the sophomore class is very talented and due to all the injuries last season got a ton of playing time as freshman...i think the entire league is getting better

I agree on greenview. THey have show well in the playoffs and its unfortunate they are in the south where they play 4 bad teams and one decent one. Hard to get respect beating Se and Cedarville every week. Not thier fault, just is what it is.

I think the league would have been better served to have put WJ into the south. Then you have WJ, GV, and Greenon in the south and Mech, WL, and FB in the North. Makes the sides much more competitive. As it is now, the NOrth went 6-0 vs. the south this year, and wins 75% or more of the games in a regular year.

FB last year was honestly a playoff caliber team, but you cant get all 4 OHC north teams into the playoffs. Someone has to lose those games. Just like 2018, WL was playoff worthy, but didnt get in.