St. Paul

Others:
Independence
Monroeville
Leetonia
Malvern

Thoughts? Any dark horses?

Last edited:

Looking forward to the regional final match up of JFK and Lucas. Both have played outstanding schedules and will be a tough draw for anyone. Don't know anything about Dalton. St. Paul is so well coached they will be a tough out for anyone, but I am not sure how good they are.

Looking forward to the regional final match up of JFK and Lucas. Both have played outstanding schedules and will be a tough draw for anyone. Don't know anything about Dalton. St. Paul is so well coached they will be a tough out for anyone, but I am not sure how good they are.
St. Paul had a tough loss last week, but you're right, they will be a tough out. Winning is ingrained in those kids at a young age.

St. Paul had a tough loss last week, but you're right, they will be a tough out. Winning is ingrained in those kids at a young age.

They've won a lot, that's for sure...but they didn't have it last year and I don't think they do this year either. It wouldn't at all surprise me to see Monroeville beat them again.

They've won a lot, that's for sure...but they didn't have it last year and I don't think they do this year either. It wouldn't at all surprise me to see Monroeville beat them again.
You may be right. Monroeville seems like they are back to relevancy again.

I think you are just trying to say they are not as good. However they went 8-2 and made it to the second round of the playoffs and lost to the team that won the region.

I would take an 8-2 season and second round of the playoffs for my school.

Favorites:
Dalton
JFK
Lucas
McDonald
St. Paul

Others:
Independence
Monroeville
Plymouth
Leetonia
Malvern
Jackson-Milton
Fairport Harbor
Southern

Thoughts? Any dark horses?

I’m not putting McDonald as a favorite yet. Despite returning a lot from last year things haven’t yet clicked yet (possibly due to missing 2 weeks of mid-August practice due to covid)- though the 2nd half last week they looked like they could be getting there. Even though WR is down I think this week will tell us a lot about McDonald, if they win convincingly I’d be confident they are up there.

I’m not putting McDonald as a favorite yet. Despite returning a lot from last year things haven’t yet clicked yet (possibly due to missing 2 weeks of mid-August practice due to covid)- though the 2nd half last week they looked like they could be getting there. Even though WR is down I think this week will tell us a lot about McDonald, if they win convincingly I’d be confident they are up there.
How much they return from last year's squad?

St. Paul is tiny. They just won't physically be able to handle JFK, Lucas or possibly McDonald. Not sure about Daltons size.

As far as the rest go, Independence isn't much of a threat. I don't know much about Malvern. Jackson-Milton and Leetonia will be non factors. Same with Fairport. None of the play physical enough or have played a legitimate schedule to date.

Well McDonald only had 4 seniors last year- I believe they returned 8 starters both sides of the ball including both QB+RB on offense
That's what I thought. That is exactly why I put them in the favorites group. That team gave my Cubs all they wanted and them some. They belong in the conversation.

Coming into this week there is 13 teams 3-1 or 4-0 but this week should change that up:

Lucas- Cubs are good and a favorite but we’ll see how good this week.

Malvern- I think they’ll have trouble with TCC

Independence- They’ll lose to Wickliffe

Milton- don’t be surprised if Ridge beats them this week

St. Paul and Plymouth are both 3-1 and play each other.

Southern- plays 4-0 United, this league is way down this year.

McDonald- already mentioned they play Western Reserve who isn’t the WR of the past decade, but still good enough McDonald will need to play well.

That's what I thought. That is exactly why I put them in the favorites group. That team gave my Cubs all they wanted and them some. They belong in the conversation.

Yes after a rough start they started really playing well at the end of last year and were just short of upsetting the Cubs in a thriller. Like I said the 2nd half of last week it started to look like they were getting there and if they play well this week I’d say they are in the conversation.

I agree with the favorites. As mentioned before, McDonald plays WR so that will tell us a lot. I don’t think Jackson Milton should be slept on, at least for the first couple of rounds.

Legitimate shot at winning this region: Lucas and JFK are my favorites.

I’d love to see some upsets, though.

Lucas
Dalton
JFK
Independence
St Paul
McDonald

Southern
Monroeville
Plymouth
Malvern
Cuyahoga Hts
Leetonia
Jackson-Milton
Cuyahoga Hts has no chance this year. They are way down. Independence is the same team that got beat by Kennedy 41-7 in the playoffs last year and Kennedy is better this year.

Rank all 23 teams.

1. Lucas
2. Dalton
3. JFK
4. McDonald
5. St. Paul
6. Monroeville
7. Plymouth
8. Jackson-Milton
9. Independence
10. Leetonia
11. Southern
12. Malvern
13. Fairport Harding
14. Cuyahoga Heights
15. Mapleton
16. South Central
17. Buckeye Central
18. Crestline
19. Wellsville
20. Lowellville
21. David Anderson
22. Valley Christian
23. St. John

Last edited:
If I was to vote this 2nd. This week will shake it up im sure.

1. Lucas
2. JFK
3. McDonald
4. Monroeville
5. Independence
6. Dalton
7. Leetonia
8. St Paul
9. Malvern
10. Jackson-Milton
11. Southern
12. Plymouth
13. Fairport Harding
14. Cuyahoga Heights
15. Wellsville
16. Valley Christan
17. Buckeye Central
18. Lowellville
19. Lisbon
20. Mapleton
21. South Central
22. Crestline
23. St. John

1. JFK
2. Lucas
3. Dalton
4. McDonald
5. St. Paul
6. Monroeville
7. Malvern
8. Independence
9. Jackson-Milton
10. Leetonia
11. Southern Local
12. Plymouth
13. Fairport Harding
14. Valley Christian
15. Cuyahoga Heights
16. Lisbon
17. Wellsville
18. Buckeye Central
19. Mapleton
20. Lowellville
21. South Central
22. Crestline
23. St. John

Kennedy over Lucas based on schedule. This week will be tell us more about Lucas. They really haven't played anyone yet. The fact that they have the same Harbins as Leetonia says a ton.

The top 3-4 will running clock just about everyone else. St. Paul at 5 just based on tradition but they have no chance against Kennedy or Lucas, maybe even McDonald. They are very, very small and won't hold up to the pounding that the top teams would give them.

Crestline and St. John opted out. We are at 21 in the region now.
In light of this, and also just watching the JFK v Conneaut game, I need to readjust my rankings. JFK looked slow vs Conneaut. I don't think the Kennedy O would get much vs Lucas, Dalton or maybe even McDonald. I could be wrong. Let us see how this weekends games go.

1. Lucas
2. Dalton
3. JFK
4. McDonald
5. Monroeville
6. St. Paul
7. Plymouth
8. Jackson-Milton
9. Independence
10. Leetonia
11. Southern
12. Malvern
13. Fairport Harding
14. Cuyahoga Heights
15. Mapleton
16. South Central
17. Buckeye Central
18. Wellsville
19. Lowellville
20. David Anderson
21. Valley Christian

L
In light of this, and also just watching the JFK v Conneaut game, I need to readjust my rankings. JFK looked slow vs Conneaut. I don't think the Kennedy O would get much vs Lucas, Dalton or maybe even McDonald. I could be wrong. Let us see how this weekends games go.

1. Lucas
2. Dalton
3. JFK
4. McDonald
5. Monroeville
6. St. Paul
7. Plymouth
8. Jackson-Milton
9. Independence
10. Leetonia
11. Southern
12. Malvern
13. Fairport Harding
14. Cuyahoga Heights
15. Mapleton
16. South Central
17. Buckeye Central
18. Wellsville
19. Lowellville
20. David Anderson
21. Valley Christian
Lol slow. There isn't a kid on Lucas' team that would be in the top 5 on JFK speed wise. You do realize that Kennedy has the fastest kid in the state in D7 right? I mean that's not speculation, thats actual facts. But hey to each his own.

Lol slow. There isn't a kid on Lucas' team that would be in the top 5 on JFK speed wise. You do realize that Kennedy has the fastest kid in the state in D7 right? I mean that's not speculation, that is actual facts. But hey to each his own.
Just calling it as I see it.

Was this kid on last year's team?

I'm sure Jaws will respond shortly. He is referring to Jesse Likens. Scholly to Air Force. JFK ain't slow. Not by a long shot.
Yes. That's who I'm speaking about. Ran 4.41 verified forties on two different occasions this past summer. Legit high 10.7s low 10.8s with D1 track offers too. Its ok though. Just like T.V. adds 10 lbs YouTube must add tenths to your times. Haha.

Just a side note there are about 110 kids in Ohio committed to D1 schools give or take. Thats FCS and FBS. Only 1 plays DVII football. Thomas at LCC has some offers for FCS schools. He'll definitely play at the next level.