Best Travel Organization in NE Ohio ?

So basically you agreed with what I said...he was stalling, in an effort to limit the number of innings pitched. He knew they would win, and would rather do it in 3-4 innings than 6 -7, because while they could score more runs in 6-7 innings, they also have to pitch more innings.

Unfortunately, changing pitchers is not against the rules, so it falls under the "bush league" category and there isn't much you can do.

You can deny timeouts when they surpass the limit...1 offensive conference per inning for example, when he wants a 2nd, you don't allow it. You can tell a catcher no or a batter no when they request time, but that's about it.
It was a tactic that I would expect from a bush league organization, or a team that was overmatched but found themselves winning late and just trying to hold on. It definantly wasnt the latter, but I am unsure if it was the former. I dont know what happened the week or two before when they were a no show in a tournament/game and had to forfeit.

The butthurt in his face was evident when the other team said they wanted to continue to play, and did so for another inning. The funny thing is, that is when they became uber aggressive to rub the other team's nose in it.

DOnt get me wrong, their coach was probably the best that I have seen the last three summers on the moneyball circuit, just talked too damned much!

It was a tactic that I would expect from a bush league organization, or a team that was overmatched but found themselves winning late and just trying to hold on. It definantly wasnt the latter, but I am unsure if it was the former. I dont know what happened the week or two before when they were a no show in a tournament/game and had to forfeit.

The butthurt in his face was evident when the other team said they wanted to continue to play, and did so for another inning. The funny thing is, that is when they became uber aggressive to rub the other team's nose in it.

DOnt get me wrong, their coach was probably the best that I have seen the last three summers on the moneyball circuit, just talked too damned much!

I am curious what made him the best coach? Because he doesn't sound like someone I would want to play for, or have my son play for now. I have always said, at the higher levels (varsity HS and above), there are two types of coaches. Developers of talent and recruiters of talent. Being the latter does not make you a good coach. A good recruiter yes (which is important in college, don't get me wrong)

I have taught in schools where a sports team (not baseball) was really good, had 1 or more of the top players in the state and as soon as those top players graduated, they (head coach) left for another school that had top talent.

He/She can claim they won all these league titles, playoff games, state titles, etc, but if you took your kid to them, they couldn't make anything of them, as evidenced by the teams they leave behind. Varsity team is competing for state, and JV is practically winless.

I am not saying you are wrong, I am just genuinely curious. Taking a team of studs around and winning tournaments doesn't make you a great coach necessarily. Now, if he developed those studs, or took guys who have very few holes and helped them close those holes, then okay.

I always said that as a wrestling coach, I thought I was one of the better ones at developing kids from scratch...my 1st year wrestlers had outstanding winning percentages against other 1st and even 2nd year wrestlers. But I don't know that I could work with a kid who took 4th in state and help him get to 1st.

Just makes me wonder if he is a good coach, or just recruits the best talent.

I am curious what made him the best coach? Because he doesn't sound like someone I would want to play for, or have my son play for now. I have always said, at the higher levels (varsity HS and above), there are two types of coaches. Developers of talent and recruiters of talent. Being the latter does not make you a good coach. A good recruiter yes (which is important in college, don't get me wrong)

I have taught in schools where a sports team (not baseball) was really good, had 1 or more of the top players in the state and as soon as those top players graduated, they (head coach) left for another school that had top talent.

He/She can claim they won all these league titles, playoff games, state titles, etc, but if you took your kid to them, they couldn't make anything of them, as evidenced by the teams they leave behind. Varsity team is competing for state, and JV is practically winless.

I am not saying you are wrong, I am just genuinely curious. Taking a team of studs around and winning tournaments doesn't make you a great coach necessarily. Now, if he developed those studs, or took guys who have very few holes and helped them close those holes, then okay.

I always said that as a wrestling coach, I thought I was one of the better ones at developing kids from scratch...my 1st year wrestlers had outstanding winning percentages against other 1st and even 2nd year wrestlers. But I don't know that I could work with a kid who took 4th in state and help him get to 1st.

Just makes me wonder if he is a good coach, or just recruits the best talent.
In just listening to him, he was actually teaching and instructing the game, and watching them play you could tell they put time in for PFP, cutoffs, etc. Other than the stall tactics (and talking too damned much to the other team) I thought he was doing a fantastic job.

I did not get the impression he was just one of those who throws out the eqt and let the kids play like I see so much.

I wonder why he felt like he needed to act like that. Maybe he watched other "successful" programs do that. I honestly have not seen too much of what "the voice" has talked about. Thank goodness because it would make watching the game almost unbearable.

I wonder why he felt like he needed to act like that. Maybe he watched other "successful" programs do that. I honestly have not seen too much of what "the voice" has talked about. Thank goodness because it would make watching the game almost unbearable.
Over the last three summers, this was by far the most blatant I had seen.

Like I said, dont get me wrong, he checked all the boxes for me in how he was teaching and instructing his team and all of their movement's showed to me that they were coached up and worked on it.
Id sign the boy up for the team, as teaching and instructing is priority #1.

He's a Great guy and a pretty solid baseball coach ... but YES he stalls ... we've played against them 8 times in the past three years and he's done that in literally every game ... He has more pitching than he knows what to with ...

I recommend the Manchester A's. There's a whole bunch I f teams mentioned above are , well Nevermind. Find out when organizations were established, there's many new ones that come and go. I believe the Manchester A's started in the mid 1970's. The president is Ian Dunn who's father was one of the giunding fathers. Good luck in your search. On a side note last year's 18u team 14 of the 16 roster players are playing college ball as freshmen this year.

I recommend the Manchester A's. There's a whole bunch I f teams mentioned above are , well Nevermind. Find out when organizations were established, there's many new ones that come and go. I believe the Manchester A's started in the mid 1970's. The president is Ian Dunn who's father was one of the giunding fathers. Good luck in your search. On a side note last year's 18u team 14 of the 16 roster players are playing college ball as freshmen this year.
These guys are really good although when I talked to the team a two summers ago, I felt like the season was a little truncated due to the number of football players on the team. So I would check into their schedule if that is something important to you.