Wuhan Coronavirus epidemic spreads from China to US

Trump did not do Sweden...his experts and appointees recommended the opposite...and trump waffled. lied and covered up medical information and data///

"It is probably going away..."
Many countries did not do what Sweden did and are still having serious covid issues. Trump's biggest fault was he listened to Fauci and other experts that recommended shutting the country down ( half a** ) which only delayed the inevitable. Biden would be shutting down the country again and have everyone wearing masks although the Swedes say masks are not needed.

It's behind a pay wall

That's weird because I can get the content and I haven't signed up for the LA Times. Here's a key part of the article:

“We must recognize that Sweden, at the moment, has avoided the increase that has been seen in some of the other countries in Western Europe,” Catherine Smallwood, the WHO’s senior emergency officer for Europe, said. “I think there are lessons for that. We will be very keen on working and hearing more from the Swedish approach.”

According to the European Center for Disease Control, Sweden has reported 30.3 new COVID-19 cases per 100,000 inhabitants in the last 14 days, compared with 292.2 in Spain, 172.1 in France, 61.8 in the U.K. and 69.2 in Denmark, all of which imposed strict lockdowns early in the pandemic.

Why do they keep lying to us about who is dying of the covid? I'm increasingly NOT trusting any of their data. Look at this disgusting example:

The baby's mother, Brooke Granquist, declined to comment when reached by The News on Friday. But in a Facebook post that has since been removed, Granquist expressed her anger over the state attributing her child's death to COVID-19.

“I am angry. I am so ANGRY. If you heard the state of Michigan report on COVID this morning, you may have heard a 2 month old baby died of COVID. I need everyone to know that (my child) did NOT die of COVID," she wrote.

"According to the autopsy (which has been told to me via phone but not yet by mail), (my child) suffered a bowel perforation and an infection because of it... this is directly related to his gastroschisis. I am so angry. I am angry at the government for skewing numbers and making my baby a statistic to try and benefit their agenda while my family is suffering."

That's weird because I can get the content and I haven't signed up for the LA Times. Here's a key part of the article:

“We must recognize that Sweden, at the moment, has avoided the increase that has been seen in some of the other countries in Western Europe,” Catherine Smallwood, the WHO’s senior emergency officer for Europe, said. “I think there are lessons for that. We will be very keen on working and hearing more from the Swedish approach.”

According to the European Center for Disease Control, Sweden has reported 30.3 new COVID-19 cases per 100,000 inhabitants in the last 14 days, compared with 292.2 in Spain, 172.1 in France, 61.8 in the U.K. and 69.2 in Denmark, all of which imposed strict lockdowns early in the pandemic.
One thing I have been surprised to not have seen is a projection on these peaks. Obviously there are ideas as to what percent we need to get to, in order to achieve herd immunity. So I wonder why someone hasn't figured out the total percent that have been infected, and guessed at how much further we need to go. It would seem that Sweden would be able to provide us with their percentage.

One thing I have been surprised to not have seen is a projection on these peaks. Obviously there are ideas as to what percent we need to get to, in order to achieve herd immunity. So I wonder why someone hasn't figured out the total percent that have been infected, and guessed at how much further we need to go. It would seem that Sweden would be able to provide us with their percentage.

I've seen estimates ranging from 15% to 60%! I suspect its down in the 25 - 30% range thanks to the impact of T Cell conditioning by the common cold. There is evidence that a lot of people are already partially immune to the covid.

Odd to argue that Trump shouldn't be an authoritarian, while at the same time wanting him to be more of an authoritarian. But then Dan has never been the brightest, and what is he? 80?
Enforcing the will of DC Dems with an iron fist from the Federal level is not authoritarian. That's just good government. Only Republicans can be authoritarians.

Reactions: y2h
I've seen estimates ranging from 15% to 60%! I suspect its down in the 25 - 30% range thanks to the impact of T Cell conditioning by the common cold. There is evidence that a lot of people are already partially immune to the covid.
Dr Todaro on your radar ?

Dr Todaro on your radar ?

Yep and it's a shame what they're trying to do to him. He's been a breath of fresh air.

How can anyone truly trust these so called "experts"? They lie about something as important as a pandemic in order to make it seem worse then it is. For crying out loud their fear mongering is costing lives. They have blood on their hands.

So it’s behind us and basically over since Early June as Pence Trump and the entire administration tried to say among with some self professed very sharp EC members ? We are the top dog in containing the virus around the world ?
You are completely nuts, aren't you ? How did you land there^? lol

Yep and it's a shame what they're trying to do to him. He's been a breath of fresh air.

How can anyone truly trust these so called "experts"? They lie about something as important as a pandemic in order to make it seem worse then it is. For crying out loud their fear mongering is costing lives. They have blood on their hands.

A scientist relying on ALL the science should not be unusual

Many countries did not do what Sweden did and are still having serious covid issues. Trump's biggest fault was he listened to Fauci and other experts that recommended shutting the country down ( half a** ) which only delayed the inevitable. Biden would be shutting down the country again and have everyone wearing masks although the Swedes say masks are not needed.

No American politician could survive doing what Sweden did in an election year unless he had the free pass that the media gave Obama during H1N1 here.

One thing I have been surprised to not have seen is a projection on these peaks. Obviously there are ideas as to what percent we need to get to, in order to achieve herd immunity. So I wonder why someone hasn't figured out the total percent that have been infected, and guessed at how much further we need to go

It would seem that Sweden would be able to provide us with their percentage.
Please go into crowded areas sans mask and help us achieve herd mentality

The science is NOT settled. There is disagreement over whether the covid will get worse in the fall/winter:

I have come to the conclusion this virus does not care whether it is summer, spring, fall or winter. When it first arrived they kept telling us that the virus would go away when it got warm. Strange how many people were getting it in the warmer states in the winter and how the hotter it got the higher the numbers seem to be of people getting it. Now they are going to try and tell us it will go away when it is cold. I do not think the experts know as much as they think they do and are just not willing to admit it. Had a family friend that was a medical doctor and she said the last thing you wanted to do is a meal with a group of doctors because after listening to the conversations you would begin to realize what a guessing game the job of medical treatment really is. Educated guessing I think she called it.

I knew someone wouldn’t get that “. Mentality “ line. But know it all and self professed sharp as a tack. Cabo ? Wow . Then again ?
Yes we over count they lie blah blah but the beat goes on. This is what winning and doing better and being the best looks like

I will use Spain as my example the population of the USA is 8 times that of Spain so in truth we a doing better than Spain. You really need to compare apples to apples when try to make honest statements, but that is not what Happy is trying to do with his bad case of TDS.

He's trying to make fun of Drumpf. I think he said "mentality" a few days ago lol.

Huh. So, Harrylame made a funny. Very good.

I missed that slip-up by Herr Drumpf in the news. I've been occupied with a few projects. I'm sure it was a big deal for some. They have so little to work with.

Harry is still a manic tool, regardless.