Week Five vs Walnut Hills

Ignored content, let me guess big ballin 4 future upset pboy. BB 4 future I’m sure your post will be deleted. It’s alright for pboy to talk stupid on here but not anyone else. Least in the Elder forum. Pboy a softy.
Dummy 22 spouting off again.

Does anyone here (or maybe a Walnut alum) know if WH’s new stadium is in the same place as it was ~40 years ago— or was that new showplace built in a different location on their campus? I thought I recalled playing on Walnut’s field decades ago, where it had almost a cliff or embankment rising up on side (e.g.- a sharp vertical hillside abutting one side of the stadium/field)...
I believe you may be thinking of the old Aiken HS field.

Ignored content, let me guess big ballin 4 future upset pboy. BB 4 future I’m sure your post will be deleted. It’s alright for pboy to talk stupid on here but not anyone else. Least in the Elder forum. Pboy a softy.
So you agree that BB4F’s post was stupid? And for being “ignored content” you always seem to be aware of when pboy posts something. ? Your infatuation with pboy is comical, you’re more annoying than he is these days!

Walnut does not have a RB type hill. Absolutely beautiful campus. Walnut's alumni and their contributions is second to probably just Elder in Cincinnati area. Walnut actually has 2 turf stadiums, the second and much smaller and newer one was all funded by alumni, like most of their campus. They bought quite a few houses, tore them down to upgrade their athletics facilities. Walnut's alumni will most likely continue to purchase property to expand.
There is also another nice school campus in Cincinnati–-which also has continued to expand as the school acquired adjacent property—on North Bend Road... It, too, has 2 turf stadiums (like most of its campus) funded by the contributions of a fairly loyal alumni base, whose contributions might also be second to probably just Elder in Cincinnati area... LaSalle?:unsure:

I know you weren't but "BigBallin'4theFuture" appeared to be. Was Roger Bacon the field you were remembering? Or was it an old field at Walnut Hills?
Roger Bacon’s stadium is down a steep hill, too— but the hill does not sit right beside the actual field— I think the stands are between the hill and the field— the old field that I remember at WH had a hill practically RIGHT up next to one sideline....it sounds like that “feature” was changed when the new stadium(s) was/were built.

Walnut has a pretty nice stadium and set up. Think the embankment you speak of is now not exactly as steep and behind the Stands. Not positive though because I’m not that old, so not sure what used to be like. Pretty sure on basically the same site on the campus.
Thanks— this sounds like what probably happened— that “feature” was probably minimized, when they put in this newer stadium.

There is also another nice school campus in Cincinnati–-which also has continued to expand as the school acquired adjacent property—on North Bend Road... It, too, has 2 turf stadiums (like most of its campus) funded by the contributions of a fairly loyal alumni base, whose contributions might also be second to probably just Elder in Cincinnati area... LaSalle?:unsure:
Fair enough. I do think that Walnut's campus is nicer from an exterior and aesthetic stand point just due to it's historical architecture. Maybe Walnut is #3 for alumni support.

So you agree that BB4F’s post was stupid? And for being “ignored content” you always seem to be aware of when pboy posts something. ? Your infatuation with pboy is comical, you’re more annoying than he is these days!
Right? I’m glad I’m not the only one who thinks it’s weird.

Fair enough. I do think that Walnut's campus is nicer from an exterior and aesthetic stand point just due to it's historical architecture. Maybe Walnut is #3 for alumni support.
Oh, no doubt— those CPS campuses (or at least the original main buildings) from the early 20th Century are amazing works of art— Walnut Hills, Hughes, Withrow, Woodward (the OLD, old Woodward in Over-the-Rhine, where my grandfather went— that had Rookwood fixtures and stained glass windows)— each was an architectural tour de force (even, to a slightly lesser extent, West Hi)— they just DON’T build ‘em like that anymore...

Oh, no doubt— those CPS campuses (or at least the original main buildings) from the early 20th Century are amazing works of art— Walnut Hills, Hughes, Withrow, Woodward (the OLD, old Woodward in Over-the-Rhine, where my grandfather went— that had Rookwood fixtures and stained glass windows)— each was an architectural tour de force (even, to a slightly lesser extent, West Hi)— they just DON’T build ‘em like that anymore...

Couldn't agree more. They truly are works of art. West Hi is much nicer on the inside. I know Withrow has some Rookwood fixtures too. I also quite like Westwood & Mt. Washington. Sayler Park and Hartwell schools have a quaint charm to their respective buildings as well; even though not on the same level as Walnut, Hughes, and Withrow. Walnut and Withrow were designed and built by the same architect and though quite different, you can definitely see some of the same/similar design elements in the two.

Couldn't agree more. They truly are works of art. West Hi is much nicer on the inside. I know Withrow has some Rookwood fixtures too. I also quite like Westwood & Mt. Washington. Sayler Park and Hartwell schools have a quaint charm to their respective buildings as well; even though not on the same level as Walnut, Hughes, and Withrow. Walnut and Withrow were designed and built by the same architect and though quite different, you can definitely see some of the same/similar design elements in the two.
One could say that these were the cathedrals for the non-Catholics... CPS was building these palaces back in the early 20th Century—while the Catholics were building St. Williams and Holy Family and St. Lawrence churches— though, I must admit, that original main building at Vincent and Regina is fairly distinctive/impressive too...

One could say that these were the cathedrals for the non-Catholics... CPS was building these palaces back in the early 20th Century—while the Catholics were building St. Williams and Holy Family and St. Lawrence churches— though, I must admit, that original main building at Vincent and Regina is fairly distinctive/impressive too...

And "The Pit" is an iconic architectural structure for any high school in the US. Set in a neighborhood with the main building looming over the field. You can travel the country and you will be hard fought to find another high school setting as iconic, impressive and magical as "The Pit" Especially on a cool fall night with a big game on the line.

Last edited:
Will the game be on the radio Friday?
Yes. Airing in all of the usual places Sacred Heart Catholic Radio (740 AM, 910 AM and 89.5 FM), on EHSports.com and SacredHeartRadio.com and in the EHS Mobile Sports app. It looks like Walnut Hills will be doing a video stream via their Facebook page.

We're working on some additional things to do on Elder's social media accounts since there won't be an Elder News Network video stream.

I’ve been in most of the CPS schools and I agree the inside of West Hi is amazing, or at least was. Their library was awesome. It’s been about 15 years since I’ve been in there so not sure what it’s like now but West Hi and Elder have character you just don’t see anywhere else.

I’ve been in most of the CPS schools and I agree the inside of West Hi is amazing, or at least was. Their library was awesome. It’s been about 15 years since I’ve been in there so not sure what it’s like now but West Hi and Elder have character you just don’t see anywhere else.
It's way better now, they did a nice job with the renovation

Yes. Airing in all of the usual places Sacred Heart Catholic Radio (740 AM, 910 AM and 89.5 FM), on EHSports.com and SacredHeartRadio.com and in the EHS Mobile Sports app. It looks like Walnut Hills will be doing a video stream via their Facebook page.

We're working on some additional things to do on Elder's social media accounts since there won't be an Elder News Network video stream.
I have been filming mass at my church since April. We were doing it on Facebook live. Sometime in May we starting also doing it on Youtube.

I always have my phone out watching what I am putting out. One day I was able to set the camera still and walk up and get communion. Walk back to the camera then look down at my phone. I noticed that the priest had not even come down to give me communion by the time I got back. I would guess facebook live is on about a 40 second delay.

Now with us running both Youtube probably has about a 2 or 3 second delay. Facebook I would guess is around 40 seconds.

Just putting that out there for folks.

Walnut Hills building and campus is visible early in the film The Best Years of Our Lives (1946) as the plane carrying returning vets fly over "Boone City" modeled after Cincinnati, Ohio.

Carson School was also an impressive structure before CPS saw fit to tear it down rather than restore, expand and remodel it as it did to similar structures like Covedale, Westwood, Hartwell and others. They screwed over West Price Hill on that deal and the guys running WPHCC should be run out of town for approving the design.

This season each and every week there have been fake events created on Facebook claiming to have a stream of that week's Elder game. (It's not a situation unique to Elder either.)

For example, here is a Facebook event (https://www.facebook.com/events/347376959894623/) and stream link (http://sports16.sport-lovers.org/hsfootball.php?match=HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL LIVE&live=Life Christian Academy vs Elder) claiming to have a stream of tonight's Elder-Life Christian Academy game even though it was canceled 3 weeks ago. My assumption is that scammers scraped schedule data from MaxPreps.com, then they create dozens of fake Facebook accounts which create these events with links to their sites.

Last edited: