Division VI - Region 24 Playoff Bracket

#16 National Trail vs #17 Triad

• Total voters

WishYouWereHere

If the regular season ended today, what the bracket would look like (a guess).
ED84F3F5-15B0-4B19-AD3A-139C389E16FD.jpeg

Looks about right, however I think WJ will get the 4 seed and FR in the 5 spot. Coldwater and Burg most likely meeting in the regional final and I don't see any of the other finalists beating the winner of this game.

This is definitely a different year. This would be like doing basketball or baseball at the 1/2 point, there has to be some forecasting.

You gotta start out by rewarding record assuming the following 3 are 5-0 at seeding they separate a little
1. Coldwater
2. Mechanicsburg
3. Adena

Then record & conference blend for the next 3 I'd go with (4&5 are tight)
4-6
4.West Jefferson
5.Fort Recovery
6.Paint Valley

7-9 These teams still control enough to move up some - Especially fairbanks
7. Fairbanks - admitted OHC bias
8. Covington - historical respect
9. Allen East - I know the least

So 7-9 you can argue But I think these 3 groups of 3 are pretty real.

The 4/5 seed here is pretty important unless there are some upsets. #4 is going to host #5 in the 3rd rd. If Fort can beat Versailles this week they may very well secure the 4 spot at 3-2 vs. a 4-1 West Jeff. A FR loss puts them at 2-3 and I seriously doubt the 24 coaches in R24 would put them ahead of a 1 loss WJ.

This is definitely a different year. This would be like doing basketball or baseball at the 1/2 point, there has to be some forecasting.

You gotta start out by rewarding record assuming the following 3 are 5-0 at seeding they separate a little
1. Coldwater
2. Mechanicsburg
3. Adena

Then record & conference blend for the next 3 I'd go with (4&5 are tight)
4-6
4.West Jefferson
5.Fort Recovery
6.Paint Valley

7-9 These teams still control enough to move up some - Especially fairbanks
7. Fairbanks - admitted OHC bias
8. Covington - historical respect
9. Allen East - I know the least

So 7-9 you can argue But I think these 3 groups of 3 are pretty real.
Covington should just play regular season.

Are the slots seeded or do the seeds pick their spots? If FR gets a 4 seed and picks their spot, there is no way they go to the same side of the bracket as CW.
seeds pick their spots. every seed 2-8 could try to avoid Coldwater and go to the other side of the bracket.

seeds pick their spots. every seed 2-8 could try to avoid Coldwater and go to the other side of the bracket.
I believe the seeds are slotted. I am basing that off the 2021 format. It clearly states the seeds are slotted. 5-12, 6-11, 7-10, 8-9, etc.

Last edited:
I believe the seeds are slotted. I am basing that off the 2021 format. It clearly states the seeds are slotted. 5-12, 6-11, 7-10, 8-9, etc.
in 2021 it is but this year they’re doing it like basketball and baseball is done.

in 2021 it is but this year they’re doing it like basketball and baseball is done.
“Coaches will vote on seeds. OHSAA will place teams on the bracket.” How should I interpret that?

Attachments

• F886EB1F-2D86-4975-B566-3E339480C3F0.jpeg
    F886EB1F-2D86-4975-B566-3E339480C3F0.jpeg
    202.7 KB · Views: 39
“Coaches will vote on seeds. OHSAA will place teams on the bracket.” How should I interpret that?
interesting. i actually did not see that part until just now. i don’t like the OHSAA doing the placing, unless they do it somewhat geographically

I doubt the OHSAA will be doing any analysis when 'placing'. They'll just take the results from the seeding vote and put the teams in the corresponding spot on a standard 'X'-team single elimination seeded bracket.

The regions got us the best they could do geographically.

interesting. i actually did not see that part until just now. i don’t like the OHSAA doing the placing, unless they do it somewhat geographically
They will just build the bracket off the seeds. The first post on this thread is an example of that. If coldwater is voted #1 by the coaches they go in the 1 slot. Whoever is voted #2 will go to that slot, etc. what is to like or not like? The only complaints will be because a team is voted too high or too low.

They will just build the bracket off the seeds. The first post on this thread is an example of that. If coldwater is voted #1 by the coaches they go in the 1 slot. Whoever is voted #2 will go to that slot, etc. what is to like or not like? The only complaints will be because a team is voted too high or too low.
personally if they're going to seed it like basketball and baseball, they should do the bracket the same way. maybe some of the higher ranked teams prefer to not have a bye week, and letting the higher seeds choose where they go eliminates that. also, some schools may not want to travel far to start off with. they could elect to play a similar seed that is closer to home. im not bashing the system, but I would however like it to be uniform between sports.

R24 is going to be a bloodbath. There are a lot of really good teams in this region. One of the best IMO. COuld certianly have the state champ coming out of here if anyone survives.

This is a very good region with traditional powers. The later round games will be sweet. Adena and Paint Valley both come from the scioto valley conference in Ross County. The SVC is very poor as a whole this year. The last few years the league was solid but graduation league wide has taken a toll on the level of play. Adena is very good this year with many 3-4 year starters. With the right draw they could win a couple playoff games. They have good size and speed at skill spots. They still have to prove they can win a playoff game as they are winless in their history. PV is the premier program in that area and those kids just seem to win. They lost a huge Senior class last year. They would have made some noise in the playoffs last year but had heard injuries just left them depleted a bit. They did lose their long time coach to retirement but seem to have rebounded well. Skill kids are young but returned the entire offense and defense fronts. My niece goes to Huntington and said they have opted out now.
Still think it will come down to Coldwater, Mburg or FR at days end.

Pretty sure that most of the 22 coaches in the region will place Coldwater at the 1 seed and then probably Mechanicsburg at 2 and Adena 3. Crossing my fingers that maybe PV at 4, much rather have WJ come to our place in rd. 3 than drive up there.

Pretty sure that most of the 22 coaches in the region will place Coldwater at the 1 seed and then probably Mechanicsburg at 2 and Adena 3. Crossing my fingers that maybe PV at 4, much rather have WJ come to our place in rd. 3 than drive up there.
I think you are spot on with 1-3. I don’t see how WJ is not the 4. Final four team last year. Perennial power with one lose to Mechanicsburg.

You're probably right Toad, but I am allowed to dream aren't I. Pretty sure that PV has never played @ WJ, the home bleachers would have way more than 15% capacity no doubt.

Since we have dueling threads..........I'll repost too;)

Your 1-3 I agree pretty cut and dry

But 4-7 ..........
I do get conflicted on record vs eyeball and schedule
You have Covington at 4 - I'm going with no way. At 4-1 are better than 4-1 West Jeff? No. Better than 4-1 paint Valley? ehhh IDK Better than 2-3 Fort Recovery? No
I'm Okay with Covington at 7 just ahead of Fairbanks/Allen East/Greeneweiw but even then those are the teams they go with and depends on what you think of paint valley
Arcanum over Greeneveiw -- Nah

1-3 seeds are clear. Allen East has a quality win over Spencerville and played Columbus Grove very well so their not getting much love. Probably can take AE, PV WJ, Greeneview and jumble them around. The later 3 just dont have that signature win. West Jeff did beat WLS and played Mburg well. Not sure about Covington this year- good win last week and tradition rich program. Would imagine none in that group of 5 want to see Fort Recovery early on.

Since we have dueling threads..........I'll repost too;)

Your 1-3 I agree pretty cut and dry

But 4-7 ..........
I do get conflicted on record vs eyeball and schedule
You have Covington at 4 - I'm going with no way. At 4-1 are better than 4-1 West Jeff? No. Better than 4-1 paint Valley? ehhh IDK Better than 2-3 Fort Recovery? No
I'm Okay with Covington at 7 just ahead of Fairbanks/Allen East/Greeneweiw but even then those are the teams they go with and depends on what you think of paint valley
Arcanum over Greeneveiw -- Nah
Versailles scrimmaged Covington and just played Fort Recovery. Unless Covington improved night and day since then, the Indians would put a running clock on the Bucks this year IMO.