Division VII Football Poll - Week 3 (09/15/20)

Yappi

Go Buckeyes

1 Marion Local (Maria Stein) (3-0) (293) [23]
2 Fort Loramie (Fort Loramie) (3-0) (210) [2]
3 John F Kennedy (Warren) (3-0) (151) [2]
4 Lucas (Lucas) (3-0) (147) [1]
5 Lima Central Catholic (Lima) (2-1) (130) [1]
6 New Bremen (New Bremen) (2-1) (103)
7 Dalton (Dalton) (3-0) (78)
8 Trimble (Glouster) (3-0) (59)
9 Arlington (Arlington) (3-0) (58)
10 St Paul (Norwalk) (3-0) (44)

Others - Berne Union (Sugar Grove) (3-0), St Henry (St Henry) (2-1), Tri-Village (New Madison) (3-0), Calvert (Tiffin) (3-0), Mcdonald (Mcdonald) (2-1)

1. Marion Local (3-0) (293) [23]
2. Fort Loramie (3-0) (210) [2]
3. John F Kennedy (3-0) (151) [2]
4. Lucas (3-0) (147) [1]
5. Lima Central Catholic (2-1) (130) [1]
6. New Bremen (2-1) (103)
7. Dalton (3-0) (78)
8. Trimble (3-0) (59)
9. Arlington (3-0) (58)
10. St. Paul (3-0) (44)

I had all 10 teams, just a slightly different order.
1) Marion Local
2T) Fort Loramie
2T) Lima Central Catholic
4) Lucas
5) New Bremen
6) Arlington
7) Warren JFK
8) Dalton
9) Norwalk St. Paul
10) Glouster Trimble

against a D5 9-1 team from last year....it's not like they played Willard...
It's a nice win. However, Conneaut is not known for football. Fishing maybe, but not football. They haven't been in the playoffs since 1985 (their only appearance). Willard, on the other hand, has been in 5 times, most recently in 2002.

It's a nice win. However, Conneaut is not known for football. Fishing maybe, but not football. They haven't been in the playoffs since 1985 (their only appearance). Willard, on the other hand, has been in 5 times, most recently in 2002.
you do know that they play a PA schedule and are in a PA conference...hence the 9-1 season last year and no playoff birth. They had 41 L1 points last year (second to only Kirtland)

you do know that they play a PA schedule and are in a PA conference...hence the 9-1 season last year and no playoff birth. They had 41 L1 points last year (second to only Kirtland)

The issue with not making the playoffs had little to do with PA teams and more to do with the fact that they beat 1 team with a winning record. Not sure what Conneaut being 9-1 last year has to do with this year either...

1. ML or LCC

The rest

LCC had a lead and put 28 on Liberty Benton. I'm not sure any other D7 school would touch that amount of points on LB (see Leipsic and soon to come McComb).

1. ML or LCC

The rest

LCC had a lead and put 28 on Liberty Benton. I'm not sure any other D7 school would touch that amount of points on LB (see Leipsic and soon to come McComb).
I think you're selling FL short. They gave ML all they wanted last year and are straight rolling folks at the moment. I know they play a weak schedule, but dang. They seem primed and ready.

I think you're selling FL short. They gave ML all they wanted last year and are straight rolling folks at the moment. I know they play a weak schedule, but dang. They seem primed and ready.
I seen them in the playoffs the past two years. I know what they have and they lost a bit each season. I actually think their best chance at a title was two years ago when they knocked off the Knights. But, we are talking about a very poor SCAL schedule. Overall, though, they have a very good team. Not underselling them.

I am actually only keeping ML in my top spot because they just don't lose. Versailles gambled and lost. ML remains the gold standard. New Bremen and St. Henry will be 2-2 after this week. Off the radar. New Bremen has a solid team, but beatable.

As for LCC, they went toe to toe with one of the best teams in D5 this year. LB piled on late but LCC had them down a couple of scores for a short while. It was a battle. I suppose we should know if LCC is for real when they play Arlington. Sixth game of the season and Arlington just mopped the floor with McComb, if I am not mistaken. It'll be another battle of two very good teams.

I seen them in the playoffs the past two years. I know what they have and they lost a bit each season. I actually think their best chance at a title was two years ago when they knocked off the Knights. But, we are talking about a very poor SCAL schedule. Overall, though, they have a very good team. Not underselling them.

I am actually only keeping ML in my top spot because they just don't lose. Versailles gambled and lost. ML remains the gold standard. New Bremen and St. Henry will be 2-2 after this week. Off the radar. New Bremen has a solid team, but beatable.

As for LCC, they went toe to toe with one of the best teams in D5 this year. LB piled on late but LCC had them down a couple of scores for a short while. It was a battle. I suppose we should know if LCC is for real when they play Arlington. Sixth game of the season and Arlington just mopped the floor with McComb, if I am not mistaken. It'll be another battle of two very good teams.
If I had to rank the regions with no ties:
R25 (Cubs look strong, hearing good things about JFK)
1) Lucas (Week 5 vs D4 Shelby will tell me a ton)
2) JFK (Likewise, week 5 vs D5 Garfield will tell the tale)
3) Dalton (Good win last week, week 6 looms large)
R26 (Up for grabs)
1) Arlington (Great win vs McComb, although, I think we are finding out McComb is not all that)
2) NSP (Looking like they are rounding into form, weird score in week 1)
3) PH (Looking average, BIG game this week)
R27 (Likewise, up for grabs)
1) Trimble (Horrible schedule, decent win week 1)
2) NC (May end up being better than Trimble, should win out)
R28 (ML, the clear favorite, for now...)
1) ML (until they lose...)
2) LCC (I'd rank them 1, but like you said, ML doesn't lose D7 games)
3. FL (Horrible schedule. Let's see the score from this week)
4. NB (Interested to see how they fair vs CW)
5. SH (Dark horse for sure, this week could make or break them)

Last edited:
Weird score about sums it describing SP and SC week 1. After I saw that, I thought could be rough year for the Flyers.
Me too. They have REALLY turned it on. They could get out of R26 again this season. Arlington look legit. You never know, Lucas could end up back over in that region as well.