Who’s the best in Youngstown area?

Have to go with Fitch or Harding talent wise no question. Until Canfield proves itself a little more this year. Recent history has Fitch beating Canfield very badly head to head.

Smaller teams would be South Range, Springfield, JFK. Honorable mention to Leetonia, but they are not on the same level as South Range, etc. Fitch and Canfield so far for larger schools with Harding looming in the background. South Range vs Canfield this year would be very interesting.

Smaller teams would be South Range, Springfield, JFK. Honorable mention to Leetonia, but they are not on the same level as South Range, etc. Fitch and Canfield so far for larger schools with Harding looming in the background. South Range vs Canfield this year would be very interesting.
Absolutely agree. Plus the kids are practically from the same city/area. Would be a huggggeee game. Imagine if canfield and south range combined. Would make a pretty tough D2 team.

Like others have said, Springfield will almost certainly go the farthest in the playoffs, but I think Canfield and Fitch will also go pretty deep into the playoffs too. South Range is also good.

My top teams:

Canfield
Fitch
Springfield Local
South Range
Poland
Ursuline
JFK

I think that Poland, Ursuline, Springfield Local and JFK have the best shots to get past regionals.

Fitch's region is loaded with Hoban and Massillon.
Canfield has Chardon, St. V's, Big Red, Aurora and a tough Streetsboro team in their region.
Poland, Perry and Ursuline will be top competitors in DIV - R13.
South Range will have to deal with Kirtland again in DV. Kirtland just dropped their week 5 opponent in Beachwood to take on D1 Solon and already beat D1 Shaker Heights.
Springfield Local will have to deal with an always tough Mogadore team in their region as well which was very young last year when they played in the regional final.
JFK has to deal with state finalist Lucas in their region with a dark horse in Independence this year.

It should be an interesting rest of the season for all invloved!

My top teams:

Canfield
Fitch
Springfield Local
South Range
Poland
Ursuline
JFK

I think that Poland, Ursuline, Springfield Local and JFK have the best shots to get past regionals.

Canfield has Chardon, St. V's, Big Red, Aurora and a tough Streetsboro team in their region.
South Range will have to deal with Kirtland again in DV. Kirtland just dropped their week 5 opponent in Beachwood to take on D1 Solon and already beat D1 Shaker Heights.
Springfield Local will have to deal with an always tough Mogadore team in their region as well which was very young last year when they played in the regional final.
JFK has to deal with state finalist Lucas in their region with a dark horse in Independence this year.

Remember, regions might not be the same as they have been in the past. It is all going to depend on who opts in/out. Lucas has been in a few different regions, same with Trimble. Independence is pretty much the same team that Kennedy beat last year in the playoffs 41-7 and Kennedy is better this year. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

My top teams:

Canfield
Fitch
Springfield Local
South Range
Poland
Ursuline
JFK

My take:

Canfield-Very Good/Very Physical. A good passing team may expose them.

Fitch-Very good but maybe a year away. As has been stated, that are playing against some insanely talented competition as they progress deeper into the playoffs.

Springfield Local-Legit shot at making it to the end. Mogadore was beat by South Range in a scrimmage earlier in the year, but again it was a scrimmage.

South Range-Has been significantly bitten by injuries these last few weeks. I didn't expect such a lop sided game against Niles with some key players on the bench, but they still will make some noise for a deep run.

Poland-Better than most people think. They essentially lost all of their doubles, and had no scrimmages due to being shut down for two weeks with Covid protocol, and were not ready to play a game when beaten by SR in week 1.

Ursuline-Unbelievable team speed and skill. Not sure the line(s) are ready for prime time yet.

JFK-Don't know much except they keep re-loading and winning!

Monumental task for Canfield to go deep into the playoffs with little passing game and such good teams around them. Nope.

jfk is in d7... and they’re good for a d5 so I’ll take them deep.
Springfield too.
Springfield will make a run again. Mogadore looms out there but get past them and I could see them playing for a title again.

Ursuline is one to watch come playoffs. They have skill and speed and should really gel by the time the playoffs get here.

Canfield is physical and will be a tough out in the playoffs but not sure if they have enough to make a deep run.

Fitch is very good but DII is a nightmare. They don't have enough to get past the region. Same with Harding.

Poland is about the same as Canfield. Not sure they can get by an Ursuline team in the playoffs.

I'm obviously a Kennedy guy but I'm predicting a JFK-Lima Central Catholic DVII State title game.

Monumental task for Canfield to go deep into the playoffs with little passing game and such good teams around them. Nope.

jfk is in d7... and they’re good for a d5 so I’ll take them deep.
Springfield too.
Canfield has Soph. QB that’s thrown 30 passes only 2 incomplete with 3 TD’s so far.. They have a dynamic offense if they want to

Fitch
Canfield
Harding
South Range
Ursuline
Poland Seminary
Cardinal Mooney
Boardman
New Middletown Springfield
Hubbard

Have to go with Fitch or Harding talent wise no question. Until Canfield proves itself a little more this year. Recent history has Fitch beating Canfield very badly head to head.
Canfield and Fitch haven't played recently, the last time they met was in the early 2000's and Fitch only won by one score and it took Fitch double OT to win and Canfield had an awful team that year. They only managed to beat Rayen, Wilson, and Chaney or something like that. There were a lot of records set in that game that still stand to this day though for both teams. Fitch set a record for most passing yards and TDs and one receiver had a record for most receptions. Canfield set a record for most passing yards allowed and most passing TDs allowed, they also set a record for most completions and most passing attempts. There were other records too, but all I recall from the game was Canfield throwing a Hail Mary every play and just hoping for the best, it usually resulted in a TD, an incompletion or an interception (which had the same net result as a punt as the ints were all near the end zone inside the 10 or 15 yard line). Canfield tried to run the ball their first couple possessions and got stopped for a loss like everytime so they gave up trying to run the ball because Fitch's line was so big and good, one of the few times coach Pavlansky gave up on trying to run.

As far as who is good:
Canfield
Fitch
South Range
Sprinfield
JFK

and Harding, we will see what they do against Fitch