Colerain Football

Colerain has had a great run. The GMC has a long, storied history (not just since 2000). Princeton has won much more GMC titles than Colerain and as stated previously, more state championships. Easy to verify. Just go to the GMC website.
Once again Princeton has done just about everything Colerain has done in the GMC , City, State , and has more state championship,
I have. Colerain broke Princeton's consecutive GMC Championships won streak and when it's all said and done, they will have more than the Vikings. Also, they are doing it at a time SIGNIFICANTLY more competitive than when Princeton was a power in this city, that is undisputed.

When the story of GMC football is told, it will start with the Cardinals and be closely followed by the "old, traditional powers" of Princeton and to a much lesser extent, Middletown.

-CardinalsFan

I have. Colerain broke Princeton's consecutive GMC Championships won streak and when it's all said and done, they will have more than the Vikings. Also, they are doing it at a time SIGNIFICANTLY more competitive than when Princeton was a power in this city, that is undisputed.

When the story of GMC football is told, it will start with the Cardinals and be closely followed by the "old, traditional powers" of Princeton and to a much lesser extent, Middletown.

-CardinalsFan

That is all in your mind. Well, you are a great fan as your title indicates. Colerain has been the most successful recently. However 3- State Championships to 1 and over 25 GMC Titles to 21 or so for Colerain clearly show who has been the most dominant. The Vikes just swept Colerain at every level with the JV and Freshman scores being a combined 60-0. Your run is over for the next few years unless some miracle coaching or recruits come quick.

Colerain was blessed with amazing talent for years. Bolden saw the well drying up and bolted.
#FakeNews

Colerain has NEVER had amazing talent. That is a myth that has been propagated for years. They have the hardest working kids in the conference who buy into a system that has been in place, mostly unchanged, since 1991. NO OTHER PROGRAM IN THE GMC, or the city for that matter, can make that claim.

Compare the number of D1 recruits that have come out of Colerain over the past 10 years to other schools in the conference.
Compare the number of Colerain Cardinals in the NFL (0!) to those from St. Xavier, Elder, Lakota West, etc. Not.Even.Close.

Seeing a slow decline in this program.
Maybe, maybe not. 2020 should not be a measuring stick for anybody for what direction the program is headed. This year has been a $how from the beginning because of Covid and what it's done to normal preparation. Once could very reasonably make a case that if Colerain had had a normal summer to get their offense together, they would have scored more than 10 points in week one against Lakota West. That is not a lost to expect. Additionally, I agree whole-heartedly with my colleague coletrain06, in that I honestly don't believe that Princeton could duplicate what they did last Friday to Colerain a 2nd time. I believe in the coaching staff and the players on the team to adjust and hold on to a 17 point 4th quarter lead if they were to face off again.

Let's not over-react. Colerain is still very good. They will win out, fine tune the offense even more and come playoff time, win a couple of games like they do every year. For a program to have the built-in disadvantages they have to the public and private suburban big boys they face off against every year, they have done an incredible job winning at an unsustainable clip.

Is this the year that completely fall apart? No. Is it a year where someone else will wear the mantle of GMC champ? Looks likely.

Let's see how THAT school, whoever it is, handles being the big dog come playoff time when the look across the field and see St. Xavier or Elder on the other side.

-CardinalsFan

Princeton era of domination was a tougher era to make playoffs only 4 teams qualified for the playoffs at that time, sometimes 9-1 or 8-2 didn’t get u in, also Princeton had to deal with Moe who set the standard of qualifying and winning state championship, Colerain has been good for the GMC but don’t think they set the standards for GMC football because Princeton did that along time ago

The GMC and the city is lucky the the school board screwed up the Hiring of a new coach after Mancuso retired . If they stayed in house instead of going to Fla for a replacement the program never skips a beat or multiple beats

Princeton era of domination was a tougher era to make playoffs only 4 teams qualified for the playoffs at that time, sometimes 9-1 or 8-2 didn’t get u in, also Princeton had to deal with Moe who set the standard of qualifying and winning state championship, Colerain has been good for the GMC but don’t think they set the standards for GMC football because Princeton did that along time ago
You are correct. They didn't set the standard...

..they raised it. And their winning streak and level of dominance will never be matched.

-CardinalsFan

To compare Princeton back in the day 70's & 80s when I was in HS, vs Colerain since 2000, it's hard to compare. But I will say that both were considered powers on the national stage and you can't take that away from either. What I've noticed is that when the issue is the coaching, the impacts are felt immediately, versus when the issue is the school's program, those impacts take several years to get turned around, which is the case with my Moeller. With Bolden going to LW, it was only a matter of time before they caught up. I once heard on this board that nobody did less with more than Larry Cox. So an immediate improvement with Bolden makes sense.

Colerain has been dominant in the GMC. They were an also ran in the HCA back in the day. Oak Hills ruled the roost. Funny how things can turn over time. Princeton was the yardstick for tough back then. Funny though, in the big picture schools are still looking up at the Catholics.

Colerain has been dominant in the GMC. They were an also ran in the HCA back in the day. Oak Hills ruled the roost. Funny how things can turn over time. Princeton was the yardstick for tough back then. Funny though, in the big picture schools are still looking up at the Catholics.

I remember growing up in the 70s Dayton area. And it was always moe and Princeton were always the Big time teams.

The Cardinals run rough-shod over the Middies tonight, as expected. This Middletown team is one of the worst I've seen. I realize it was only their 3rd game but wowza....lots of work ahead for this program.

Final was 42-6. Middletown's only score came on a great run by Sr. RB Josh Bryant who had 56 yards at half...with 52 of them coming on one carry that set up Middletown to toss it into the endzone for their only score. The XP was blocked by Colerain LB Lavert Jarmon (Jr.). Several defensive starters did not start for Colerain and one did not play at all, presumably serving his suspension for being booted from last week's game. The message was sent during practice this past week....these young men need to understand the glorious burden of putting on a Colerain football uniform and either embrace it fully or leave it in the locker and hit the showers. Sloppy and undisciplined play simply will not be tolerated on Cheviot Road.

Colerain QB Tyler Prather looks more and more comfortable running the offense. He is decisive and looks like a completely different QB than he did in week 1 vs. LW. I hope we get to see that rematch. I think the outcome might be a little different. The Cardinal OL is still a work in process but they are learning. A new player started tonight and he brought some heft to the position (320 lbs). We'll see how that plays out.

Next week is Sycamore on the road. Not sure what to make of this Sycamore team. They have two excellent running backs, a very capable running back and possibly the best OL in the city. Will be an excellent test for this Colerain defense. Offensively, I look for Colerain to take the next step in their development and continue to tune up their timing. We still saw two bad exchanges tonight between Prather and Johnson, both of which hit the turf and one of which ended up as a turnover. That must stop.

4 weeks in...still don't really know what this team is capable of.

-CardinalsFan