Little Miami?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Blue Lives Matter flag is just a stand-in for the Confederate Flag. A socially respectable replacement and effective dog whistle that white supremacists can hide behind.

The Red Lives Matter flag is flown as cover. It is to soften the "message" that the other flag is trying to send.
Ok, we now have a winner for the most ignorant, BS statement ever made on Yappi.

So back to Little Miami. The two students were interviewed on Fox News and they confirmed that they were, in fact, told not to fly those flags. There's a clause in the student code of conduct regarding insubordination to a reasonable request, which this was. They did it anyway, so they received a punishment.

That's it and that's all.
So it was patriot night. 9/11. So it’s insubordination to run out with first responder flags? Lol

So it was patriot night. 9/11. So it’s insubordination to run out with first responder flags? Lol

No, it's insubordination to be told a reasonable request and still defy it.

Again, if you allow first responders' flags, the argument can be made that you have to allow any flags (BLM, Pride, confederate, Nazi). That opens up its own wormhole of problems. Your options are to allow everything, allow some things, or allow nothing, and the latter is the safest option. And if you're going to pick that option, you cannot make an exception on 9/11. As unpopular as that is, you have to stay consistent. I don't see how this is debatable.

No, it's insubordination to be told a reasonable request and still defy it.

Again, if you allow first responders' flags, the argument can be made that you have to allow any flags (BLM, Pride, confederate, Nazi). That opens up its own wormhole of problems. Your options are to allow everything, allow some things, or allow nothing, and the latter is the safest option. And if you're going to pick that option, you cannot make an exception on 9/11. As unpopular as that is, you have to stay consistent. I don't see how this is debatable.
This. I have said this since the beginning. I agree 100%. Glad to know a fellow community member feels how I do.

I
I've heard nothing but good things about him and actually know two other coaches very well. All great guys. I just don't understand why they allowed it after being denied permission.
Coach may have not known that permission was denied if the request did not go through him.

This has ZERO to do with anything other than the LM Super is a giant LEFTY and so are all of his offspring (who might I add are also in education)....PERIOD end of story

Your options are to allow everything, allow some things, or allow nothing, and the latter is the safest option. And if you're going to pick that option, you cannot make an exception on 9/11. As unpopular as that is, you have to stay consistent. I don't see how this is debatable.
It’s debatable when you factor in the ability of some administrators to take common sense into account when allowing exceptions.
This isn’t logic class. There are gray areas that can be maneuvered around in.

Players were reinstated today.
After the players were suspended, a petition on change.org urging the district to lift the suspension had more than 19,000 signatures Tuesday morning. Little Miami school board president Bobbie Grice announced later Tuesday that Williams and Bentley had returned to active status. Coincidence?
Nearly a million people spoke up in a nationwide response https://local12.com/news/local/litt...eying-district-and-carrying-police-fire-flags

Well, since it's been reported that they approved the American and all school flags, they probably wouldn't have an issue with a flag that said Vote for our Schools. Would you be so supportive of these 2 young men if they carried a BLM flag and kneeled?
BLM is a Marxist organization as clearly stated on their own website that is being investigated by Homeland Security.

You are assuming an awful lot about me. I've read, watched and listened to BLM. In no place did I say I agree with all of their ideals. You disagree with them so you view them as wrong and extreme. You are misunderstanding the precedent that is created by allowing the flags of one group and not allowing other groups. It is a nightmare for schools. So they take the easy way and say no flags unless it's the American flag or a School flag.

You can support the first responders without the flags. You can remember 9/11 without the flags. Carry the American Flag, that day was about us as Americans, not just first responders. I've been a part of every 9/11 week Friday since 2001. Many times we've celebrated and honored people without the red line and blue line flag. The assertion that the only way to support and remember that horrific day is with those flags is asinine.

I get the precedent I just don't agree that you're setting one by letting the kids run out on the field on the anniversary of 9/11 carrying the police & firemen flags. This is a unique occurrence involving unique circumstances.

And you don't get to dictate to anyone how they support first responders on the anniversary of 9/11. As long as the support is respectful it's their choice. Carrying those two flags has become a tradition, particularly at sporting events.

And for the record where did I say it was the only way to honor 9/11? It was the way these kids wanted to do it and in the absence of any reasonable objection to them carrying the flags they should have been allowed to do it. That anyone might find it offensive is their problem.

Fact: The terms "Marxist" and "Marxism" do not appear on the blacklivesmatter.com domain.

While this clouds the issue that the LM powers that be royally screwed up here, it is a fact that this is not on the domain....

It's also fact that Patrisse Cullors is on record that she and her fellow organizers (co founders) are "trained Marxists"

I have seen it many times. He helped greatly in supporting the war with the selling of the war bonds at the tracks, etc.
Thank you though. I have the video saved on my favorites.
Awesome. And that long tail. : )
Have a tremendous Friday night.

We're suckin down fumes from massive forest fires, ignoring scientific evidence in a pandemic, responding to protests against state violence with more state violence and mutilating sex organs of immigrants...and yet Marxism is the problem.

???

Personally, I think it is worth the risk. They have supported the fire and police for the last 19 years, nothing should change that. I also think that on Veteran's Day, we should still celebrate those that have served in our military even if that offends some people.

The one thing that this Summer has taught me is that the government can support some forms of free speech while denying others.

Last edited:
ignoring scientific evidence in a pandemic,

???

I can dig this. It's outrageous that every school in America isn't fully open. I mean the science is clear that the kids are at almost no risk. And the damage of not sending kids to school is well known and devastating.

Follow the science and open the schools!

While this clouds the issue that the LM powers that be royally screwed up here, it is a fact that this is not on the domain....

It's also fact that Patrisse Cullors is on record that she and her fellow organizers (co founders) are "trained Marxists"
Cullors was a part of the SDS, Students for a Democratic Society, supported by Marxist Community Organizer Saul Alinsky which infiltrated colleges in the late 60s, early 70s, working to cause revolution & overthrow the government. The SDS controlled the students rioting at Kent State & Ohio State among other colleges back then. I was a student at OSU and watched it all going down. SDS leaders had armbands and carried portable radios for communication directing the riots. Riots at OSU were actually worse than those at Kent State with the exception of the students at Kent State that got killed which of course grabbed headlines around the world.

Last edited:
We're suckin down fumes from massive forest fires, ignoring scientific evidence in a pandemic, responding to protests against state violence with more state violence and mutilating sex organs of immigrants...and yet Marxism is the problem.

???
It is Marxist that are behind the arson, rioting & burning down of our Democrat controlled cities. They are trying to create a civil war. Some of our elected officials are even complicit.

Last edited:
I can dig this. It's outrageous that every school in America isn't fully open. I mean the science is clear that the kids are at almost no risk. And the damage of not sending kids to school is well known and devastating.

Follow the science and open the schools!

Yep, 1/100th of 1% of the California population has had Covid19 yet the PAC 12 cannot play football with the rest of the Power 5 conferences. Its become a political issue more than anything else.

I don't think you understand how school districts work in the 21st century. Admin and School Boards at most schools do not have a backbone to say they are okay with something or they believe in something. They don't want to jeopardize that 6 figure job so they play the middle. They say no to anything remotely controversial as to not upset either side.

This is what happens when everyone takes offense to everything. Rather than just going those kids are supporting their fathers and 9/11, it becomes those kids are supporting police brutality and racism. Rather than people realizing that what 2 kids at a school do not affecting them, it becomes national news.
So they would have said no to a BLM flag?

Ok, we now have a winner for the most ignorant, BS statement ever made on Yappi.
The Little Miami Superintendent went on the internet tonight (which was then broadcast on local TV) to say that:
!) School officials in the district have been receiving death threats, since these players were suspended;
2) That there are documented instances in the Little Miami district of people flying the Confederate flag alongside one or both of these other two flags.
3) That these players were told NOT to do this planned action— and they did it anyway— and were suspended for “insubordination”— but have now been reinstated.

So, unless you think the (30-year military vet) superintendent is lying, you do NOT have ”a winner for most ignorant, BS statement ever made on Yappi”— that is, unless you were referring to your own comment quoted above.

You can't complain about them getting trouble in this situation and then not getting in trouble with the BLM flag no matter your political views. I'm not sure we as a society truly understand how freedom works....
I agree with your analogy/argument— but the whole BLM flag canard is a strawman argument— no one in the Little Miami district did anything with a BLM flag— it’s a distraction to talk about it— although I understand that you’re using it to draw the parallel.

Status
Not open for further replies.