Little Miami?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes as long as there is legal precedent allowing such behaviors in the same settings. If the school violates that without those rules in place, there is grounds for lawsuit and damages. That is what makes legal precedent and the courts so important. Also, this is why codes of conduct, school board policies, etc. are all constantly updated.
I guess technically you are correct in that anything could be grounds for a lawsuit, but I’m sure there is broad language in codes of conduct that give teachers/coaches/administrators wide leeway to determine what students can and cannot do.

It appears the primary crux is the students had asked permission to carry them, they were told “no” and did it anyways.
Father of one of the boys is a Warren Country Sheriff. He's come out and said that the Athletic Director told the boys I can't tell you no and I can't tell you yes so the boys carried the flags out. Little Miami's school leaders totally mishandled this one and are taking a lot of heat. I know someone in the school system who works in one of the schools and said that the boys were lied to and the school threw the boys under the bus.

Their problem was asking for permission. Cannot be told no if you dont ask, and then beg for foregiveness.

WOnder if they asked to carry a sBLM banner if they would have been allowed. Can you imagine the shartstorm if it came out a school would not allow a blm flag? Racist racist raciss.
Big difference, BLM is a Marxist Organization that is going around burning down cities and promoting murder of police.

If someone in this country has a problem with a person carrying a flag supporting the United States, or supporting the police, then they should go to another country and get out of here. Also, if you kneel during the National Anthem, it is time for you to go as well. If you do not like it here, I will pay for your ticket to leave. People do not know how well they have it here. Go to another country and see how well you like it compared to the great USA.
All of use sports to escape from the daily grind of work, stress, social BS, politics, etc. Now, sports are flooded with politics as well. I have already quit watching the NFL entirely because of this crap. So last Saturday, I turn on a college game and the first thing I see is some chucklehead with "Equality" stamped across his back. So now, there goes the college game. And now, it has trickled down to HS sports.
The sad thing about it is, is that most of these people that are kneeling, actually have no idea why they are doing it. It is just copycat, and trying to be "mainstream".
I am so fed up with this crap that I am giving up watching/following sports entirely. I have been an avid fan of all sports for nearly 60 years, and now it has come to this.
Sad. Pathetic.
If you’re serious about paying my ticket to leave, my destination is Grand Cayman. When is a good time to send you my info for the ticket?

Little Miami would've had no problem if the kids running out carried out a flag supporting the school levy

Well, since it's been reported that they approved the American and all school flags, they probably wouldn't have an issue with a flag that said Vote for our Schools. Would you be so supportive of these 2 young men if they carried a BLM flag and kneeled?

Big difference, BLM is a Marxist Organization that is going around burning down cities and promoting murder of police.
You can't complain about them getting trouble in this situation and then not getting in trouble with the BLM flag no matter your political views. I'm not sure we as a society truly understand how freedom works....

Little Miami deserves this if
They allow the suspensions to stand.

people need to stand up for what they believe in.
Do something about it.

Little Miami deserves this if
They allow the suspensions to stand.

people need to stand up for what they believe in.
Do something about it.

I don't think you understand how school districts work in the 21st century. Admin and School Boards at most schools do not have a backbone to say they are okay with something or they believe in something. They don't want to jeopardize that 6 figure job so they play the middle. They say no to anything remotely controversial as to not upset either side.

This is what happens when everyone takes offense to everything. Rather than just going those kids are supporting their fathers and 9/11, it becomes those kids are supporting police brutality and racism. Rather than people realizing that what 2 kids at a school do not affecting them, it becomes national news.

Players were reinstated today.
After the players were suspended, a petition on change.org urging the district to lift the suspension had more than 19,000 signatures Tuesday morning. Little Miami school board president Bobbie Grice announced later Tuesday that Williams and Bentley had returned to active status. Coincidence?

I doubt it. As soon as I read "indefinite" suspension, I knew it wasn't going to last long.

Well, since it's been reported that they approved the American and all school flags, they probably wouldn't have an issue with a flag that said Vote for our Schools. Would you be so supportive of these 2 young men if they carried a BLM flag and kneeled?

I wouldn't be supportive at all if the kids kneeled during the National Anthem after carrying a BLM flag out. And there isn't an ounce of hypocrisy in my stand here. There is NO doubt that kneeling during the anthem and carrying a BLM flag is deeply divisive and disrespectful.

In contrast honoring firefighters & police ON the anniversary of 9/11 by carrying their flags has become a TRADITION, particularly at sporting events. There is NO comparison between what these two kids did and what you suggest. NONE WHATSOEVER.

That the remembrances of 9/11 and the traditions for honoring those that gave their lives that day can be compared to BLM and openly disrespecting the anthem is disturbing.

I wouldn't be supportive at all if the kids kneeled during the National Anthem after carrying a BLM flag out. And there isn't an ounce of hypocrisy in my stand here. There is NO doubt that kneeling during the anthem and carrying a BLM flag is deeply divisive and disrespectful.

In contrast honoring firefighters & police ON the anniversary of 9/11 by carrying their flags has become a TRADITION, particularly at sporting events. There is NO comparison between what these two kids did and what you suggest. NONE WHATSOEVER.

That the remembrances of 9/11 and the traditions for honoring those that gave their lives that day can be compared to BLM and openly disrespecting the anthem is disturbing.

You find it divisive and disrespectful, others don't. Others find the Blue Line and Red Line flags as divisive and disrespectuful, you don't. Here is the crazy thing about freedom, just because you don't like it, doesn't make it wrong. You can't preach freedom of speech and get upset when someone else uses theirs for something you don't agree with. So how do schools avoid this? They ban all flags....

You find it divisive and disrespectful, others don't. Others find the Blue Line and Red Line flags as divisive and disrespectuful, you don't. Here is the crazy thing about freedom, just because you don't like it, doesn't make it wrong. You can't preach freedom of speech and get upset when someone else uses theirs for something you don't agree with. So how do schools avoid this? They ban all flags....

I've been to the BLM website and I've read what leading BLM people have pushed. I've watched BLM protests in action. And I can safely say that they are wrong. Not only that but their organization is violent and racist. Their embrace of Marxism, which they proudly talk about if you would open your ears, also places them on the wrong side of history. Marxism is on the same level as Nazism.

This is not an academic exercise in debating the points of two roughly equivalent issues. This isn't arguing over whether we should raise or lower taxes. Those things have multiple POV's which can each in their own way be legitimate.

What you are trying to do is claim equivalence between a radical, extremist organization and action (kneeling during the anthem) and what those two kids did. It's intellectually dishonest to equate a tradition that has been going on for the last 20 years in remembrance of those that gave their lives in one of the most horrific days in American history to anything BLM does. They are NOT the same no matter how much you try to make them so.

I've been to the BLM website and I've read what leading BLM people have pushed. I've watched BLM protests in action. And I can safely say that they are wrong. Not only that but their organization is violent and racist. Their embrace of Marxism, which they proudly talk about if you would open your ears, also places them on the wrong side of history. Marxism is on the same level as Nazism.

This is not an academic exercise in debating the points of two roughly equivalent issues. This isn't arguing over whether we should raise or lower taxes. Those things have multiple POV's which can each in their own way be legitimate.

What you are trying to do is claim equivalence between a radical, extremist organization and action (kneeling during the anthem) and what those two kids did. It's intellectually dishonest to equate a tradition that has been going on for the last 20 years in remembrance of those that gave their lives in one of the most horrific days in American history to anything BLM does. They are NOT the same no matter how much you try to make them so.

You are assuming an awful lot about me. I've read, watched and listened to BLM. In no place did I say I agree with all of their ideals. You disagree with them so you view them as wrong and extreme. You are misunderstanding the precedent that is created by allowing the flags of one group and not allowing other groups. It is a nightmare for schools. So they take the easy way and say no flags unless it's the American flag or a School flag.

You can support the first responders without the flags. You can remember 9/11 without the flags. Carry the American Flag, that day was about us as Americans, not just first responders. I've been a part of every 9/11 week Friday since 2001. Many times we've celebrated and honored people without the red line and blue line flag. The assertion that the only way to support and remember that horrific day is with those flags is asinine.

It appears that there is some more to this story. Cincinnati.com is stating that Friday was "Patriot Night" for football game and the school was celebrating first responders and had a poem read before the game. The school is still saying that they told the boys no to the flags; however, I have a feeling that this wasn't the case. That would be why their suspensions were lifted and the coach hasn't faced any punishment for allowing this to happen if the boys were specifically told no. The Head Coach can't plead ignorance on this either because he is the one leading them from the locker room, and should have noticed the first 2 in line with flags.

I am simply not buying the school's position that they told the boys no.

It appears that there is some more to this story. Cincinnati.com is stating that Friday was "Patriot Night" for football game and the school was celebrating first responders and had a poem read before the game. The school is still saying that they told the boys no to the flags; however, I have a feeling that this wasn't the case. That would be why their suspensions were lifted and the coach hasn't faced any punishment for allowing this to happen if the boys were specifically told no. The Head Coach can't plead ignorance on this either because he is the one leading them from the locker room, and should have noticed the first 2 in line with flags.

I am simply not buying the school's position that they told the boys no.
[/QUOTE

Interesting. Could still have said no to the flags for one reason or another. IN the grand scheme of things, some punishment is necessary if the boys were told no, and did it anyway. But suspension or removal from team/school is excessive

Interesting. Could still have said no to the flags for one reason or another. IN the grand scheme of things, some punishment is necessary if the boys were told no, and did it anyway. But suspension or removal from team/school is excessive
I agree 100%. One poster on here said that when the boys asked permission they were told, "I can't say yes or no." This seems like the most plausible scenario and likely what happened, which is why the suspension was ended so quickly.

Yeah, I think there's something missing here. One of the dads said the AD told his son basically "I can't tell you no, and I can't tell you yes." Does that mean a principal told them no? A coach? Anyone in power. If no one told them No, I don't think the district has a leg to stand on. I skimmed their student code of conduct and athlete code of conduct. I don't see any specific language about flags, banners, or other symbols, but there is language for insubordination to a reasonable directive, and this would have been a reasonable directive.

I doubt we get any more comments from the district as I don't think it's their business to go into any more specifics to traditional media or social media.

Show me where BLM as an organization promotes this.

Or do you just want to play the MAGA greatest hits CD?

At many BLM protest you hear them call death to the police and "fry them like bacon"

Last edited:

At many BLM protest you hear them call death to the police and "fry them like bacon"

In that video, how do we know it's a BLM protester? Did they interview the guy? Did BLM leadership endorse what that ONE person said? Just because some 30 second video says it is, that doesn't make it so.

"Fry them like bacon" Prove it. And couldn't this also be interpreted as pointed specifically to the individuals getting away with killing?

As for Marxism, yes, I've read that interview, but that doesn't make BLM's movement in practice Marxist. The movement doesn't seem overly anti-capitalist to me. I'm skeptical that the term isn't just used as a dog whistle to delegitimize the movement, comparable to if I were to say all Trump supporters are racist.

So back to Little Miami. The two students were interviewed on Fox News and they confirmed that they were, in fact, told not to fly those flags. There's a clause in the student code of conduct regarding insubordination to a reasonable request, which this was. They did it anyway, so they received a punishment.

That's it and that's all.

So back to Little Miami. The two students were interviewed on Fox News and they confirmed that they were, in fact, told not to fly those flags. There's a clause in the student code of conduct regarding insubordination to a reasonable request, which this was. They did it anyway, so they received a punishment.

The players did the right thing.

How do you not allow the flags to be carried out on 9/11? I question the decision making ability of whoever made that decision. They are clearly not fit for a job in school administration.

You can't complain about them getting trouble in this situation and then not getting in trouble with the BLM flag no matter your political views. I'm not sure we as a society truly understand how freedom works....

As someone who's been around law enforcement my entire live, worked in the profession and would consider myself a republican...I would have no problem with the kids kneeling, carrying a BLM flag or any other type of Peaceful Protest. Just because I don't agree with something doesn't mean it shouldn't be allowed. I may be in the minority in that belief

Fair enough, then a punishment should have been handed down. The punishment definitely doesn't fit the offense though. This was overkill.

I continue to wonder how the coach has not been punished for allowing said behavior? He is in charge of the team.

As someone who's been around law enforcement my entire live, worked in the profession and would consider myself a republican...I would have no problem with the kids kneeling, carrying a BLM flag or any other type of Peaceful Protest. Just because I don't agree with something doesn't mean it shouldn't be allowed. I may be in the minority in that belief

Which is the only point I was making. You allow all of it, or you allow none of it. Most schools will choose none of it because it's easier. I agree with you. I very much live my life in th realm of does what this person believes or is doing really affect me and mine? If the answer is no, I say carry on.

Fair enough, then a punishment should have been handed down. The punishment definitely doesn't fit the offense though. This was overkill.

I continue to wonder how the coach has not been punished for allowing said behavior? He is in charge of the team.

I want to know who told them they couldn't do this.

Coach should have fallen on the sword for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.