Week 4 - West Liberty- Salem @ West Jefferson

I think we made are adjustments like we did last year with that being said I think this game will be a running clock in the second half

WJ made some good adjustments last week. They need to clean up the penalties for sure. I think WJ should get a running clock with WLS by the third quarter. Friday being Senior night the Riders will be fired up.

West Liberty put up 42 pts with over 500 yards and 28 first downs in last years regular season game. I think everyone from WJ remembers “that’s another Tiger FIRST DOWN!” The WJ defense had trouble getting off the field in the Mechanicsburg game this year too. WJ will have to improve on the defensive side of the ball if they wish to play deep into the playoffs.

I do agree with us playing better on defense the night I think our offense will be alright but our defense will have to do better

The Riders to date this year have beat 2 teams with 1-2 records, who by the way beat teams that haven't won a game. The adjustments made so far look good because they show pretty against teams struggling. WLS will provide a good test to see where WJ really is.

Historically these teams have had some wars in their short history of games and simply don't really like each other. WLS will bring all they have and though they graduated several seniors will put up a fight.

WJ inexperience up front has been exposed and we need to shore that up and establish a running game to help take the heat of QB Tyler. D up front will need to pick up the pace as well as WLS brings a balanced attack and FB pounded WLS with the run game!!!

I will be shocked if WJ puts a running clock on WLS, but I do look for a good win.

The Riders to date this year have beat 2 teams with 1-2 records, who by the way beat teams that haven't won a game. The adjustments made so far look good because they show pretty against teams struggling. WLS will provide a good test to see where WJ really is.

Historically these teams have had some wars in their short history of games and simply don't really like each other. WLS will bring all they have and though they graduated several seniors will put up a fight.

WJ inexperience up front has been exposed and we need to shore that up and establish a running game to help take the heat of QB Tyler. D up front will need to pick up the pace as well as WLS brings a balanced attack and FB pounded WLS with the run game!!!

I will be shocked if WJ puts a running clock on WLS, but I do look for a good win.
The changes were good, I'm sure they were made for the struggling QB. 5 interceptions in the first 3 games, not a positive sign. WJ's QB looked very good last year but he had a monster line protecting him, plenty of time to throw the ball. Not the case this year. They had to move around players simply to protect him. WJ's refuses to run the ball under pressure, seems to avoid being hit. WJ's two wins were with struggling teams, WJ's line were pushed around with Mechanicsburg. I don't think WLS has the line to do that, the real test will be Fairbanks. WJ will be okay Friday with WLS but better improve cleaning up turnovers and penalties before Fairbanks.

What simply killed wj this year just like all teams in America was this Virus!
No one had the offseason to prepare and scrimmage games to make their adjustments and you could really see that with all the teams so far.
You can really see that with Tyler Buescher at QB for wj, yes, he had that big O-line to protect him last year but if you look at most of his INT's this year they are thrown late.
A lot of work that he didn't get in the offseason at camps and with the WR's.
Yes, a few throws have been forced because of pressure and those adjustments have come from moving kids around on the line and that would of been done by week 1 if there would have been scrimmages as well.
I think the coaches have done a great job preparing the boys and keeping their spirits up when they could of got down very easily.
I see wj making improvements weekly but I don't see a running clock this week.

No one had the offseason to prepare and scrimmage games to make their adjustments and you could really see that with all the teams so far.
You can really see that with Tyler Buescher at QB for wj, yes, he had that big O-line to protect him last year but if you look at most of his INT's this year they are thrown late.
Yes, a few throws have been forced because of pressure and those adjustments have come from moving kids around on the line and that would of been done by week 1 if there would have been scrimmages as well.
I think the coaches have done a great job preparing the boys and keeping their spirits up when they could of got down very easily.
I agree, we should be just fine the rest of the season. Good luck Riders Friday night!

Everyone's in the same boat, work on it during the season and make sure you're ready for the playoffs.

Blast from the past

Attachments

• 9AEF570E-DD13-4AFF-95AF-D8A1C1C428E9.jpeg
    9AEF570E-DD13-4AFF-95AF-D8A1C1C428E9.jpeg
    295.1 KB · Views: 20
50 for a kickoff temp and around 47 in the 4th qtr.
WOW, jacket weather is here and what a great night for some football.
After a season where both teams graduated a ton of talent, this still looks to be a good football game.
Both teams can put up points and can do it very quickly!

Good job riders but we have to get these penalties fixed before we get in the playoffs other than that we played pretty good

Tyler Buescher was 22 of 24 3 tds 385 yards he has 1300 yards in 4 games I would say that was pretty good numbers for only 4 games

Passing: Tyler Buescher 22 of 24 for 389 yards, 4 TDs (91.6%)
Rushing: Hayden Salyer 21 rushes for 158 yards, 2 TDs (7.5 yds)
Receiving: Tyler Oberle 8 receptions for 165 yards, 2 TDs (20.6) avg
Receiving: MJ Book 8 receptions for 148 yards, 2 TDs (18.5) avg.

* Tyler Buescher broke the school record for passing yards in a game with 389 yards. Previous record was 380 yards held by Logan Stepp vs. Columbus Academy in 2013.

His numbers in 4 games is 76 of 98 for 1,300 yards (77.6%) 15 TD's & 5 INT's (325 Yards per game