Colerain Football

Cardsroll

Whats going on with Colerain football this year? Has the talent level finally been depleted or are other schools like Lakota West and Princeton just having great years? Is Colerain being outcoached?

Whats going on with Colerain football this year? Has the talent level finally been depleted or are other schools like Lakota West and Princeton just having great years? Is Colerain being outcoached?
I didn't see the Princeton game, but watched the West game. In watching that game, it looked like a combo of all of the above. Talent looked down, West looked a little up from last year (they didn't wow me though), and coaching for Colerain appeared poor. No offensive identity, too many careless penalties, and they didn't seem to play with that chip on their shoulder where they wanted to physically dominate the other team.
It was all bound to come to an end at some point eventually. I still expect them to be successful in the future, they just won't dominate the Conference like they have for the past 20+ years.

I would say more than anything its that other teams are having great years/catching up. A little of Colerain falling back but not too much.

West is more talented and has good coaching and will be a contender.

Princeton has absolute studs at QB, and WR and made some huge 3rd down conversions for big plays. Colerain Defense played pretty well most of the game. The big deep passes/jump balls were all well covered, except the 1st TD, and the trick play. Princeton just kept coming up with big catches. Sometimes that happens. Colerain offense looked pretty good and before the 4th quarter big catches, the defense looked pretty good too. There arent any other teams in the GMC that could do what Princeton did on offense, and honestly Princeton probably couldnt duplicate it again.

Hard to overcome your coach leaving but that was done but the with these schools being open enrollment now, the more talented kids are choosing school like Princeton, Lakota West & of course WW. Mix that in with the Catholic schools will still get their fair share of the talented kids, Colerain will still be good but they won't be the dominant Colerain we're used to seeing. Kids are saying they want to go to Lasalle,Moeller,X,Elder,WW,LW,Princeton. Just a down period now.

Jesus...Colerain had done what will NEVER be done again...Lets be happy and reflect back on what it took to get the streak going and maintained it. It does not take an Einstein to understand Colerains run was going to come to an end especially when looking on how they preform vs. the big schools the past 5+ years overall.
NWLSD board screwed all sports a few years back when they decided to not combine HS.
Colerain will not compete in the Big school division and honestly outside of football they have not for 5+years.
NW will struggle where ever they land when their conference folds. NW may be like Mt Healthy and go to the CMAC and Colerain could just be a middletown and be a whipping post for the rest of the GMC in most sports for a few years.

Hard to overcome your coach leaving but that was done but the with these schools being open enrollment now, the more talented kids are choosing school like Princeton, Lakota West & of course WW. Mix that in with the Catholic schools will still get their fair share of the talented kids, Colerain will still be good but they won't be the dominant Colerain we're used to seeing. Kids are saying they want to go to Lasalle,Moeller,X,Elder,WW,LW,Princeton. Just a down period now.
Hamilton, Middletown and Princeton are the only three schools Colerain has finished ahead of for the All-sports trophy for the last twelve years. (And Carl-Rick says Oak Hills should find a new conference :unsure:)

Hamilton, Middletown and Princeton are the only three schools Colerain has finished ahead of for the All-sports trophy for the last twelve years. (And Carl-Rick says Oak Hills should find a new conference :unsure:)
They will always be a good program because they believe in their system but when you lose what they have lost, its hard to overcome. They not only lost their coach but 2 starting varsity qbs, even though I think Fairfield's QB Fisher would've been better suited for their system. It is hard to overcome these things. I believe if Fisher wouldve stayed, the Moeller freshman RB would've came to Colerain as well being that he came up in the NW youth football org then went to Fairfield. Ijs those are 2 kids that are extremely talented.

I think the biggest thing with Princeton is they are keeping the kids that have grown up in the program lil Vikes and they are getting the occasional transfers

Where would Colerain been in the GMC in the 70s 80s and 90s? Behind Middletown and Princeton.

I would say more than anything its that other teams are having great years/catching up. A little of Colerain falling back but not too much.

West is more talented and has good coaching and will be a contender.

Princeton has absolute studs at QB, and WR and made some huge 3rd down conversions for big plays. Colerain Defense played pretty well most of the game. The big deep passes/jump balls were all well covered, except the 1st TD, and the trick play. Princeton just kept coming up with big catches. Sometimes that happens. Colerain offense looked pretty good and before the 4th quarter big catches, the defense looked pretty good too. There arent any other teams in the GMC that could do what Princeton did on offense, and honestly Princeton probably couldnt duplicate it again.

You just said, "Princeton has absolute studs at QB, and WR and made some huge 3rd down conversions for big plays"......then followed up with, "There arent any other teams in the GMC that could do what Princeton did on offense, and honestly Princeton probably couldnt duplicate it again."

Dude, do you even know what the hell you are talking about and typing?...or are you just that drunk??????

So are you saying Princeton has the talent like no other, but could not duplicate it again??? Or did they pull one in a million?? What are you trying to say? LMAO.

You just said, "Princeton has absolute studs at QB, and WR and made some huge 3rd down conversions for big plays"......then followed up with, "There arent any other teams in the GMC that could do what Princeton did on offense, and honestly Princeton probably couldnt duplicate it again."

Dude, do you even know what the hell you are talking about and typing?...or are you just that drunk??????

So are you saying Princeton has the talent like no other, but could not duplicate it again??? Or did they pull one in a million?? What are you trying to say? LMAO.
The point is pretty clear, I think.

- Princeton has more talent on Offense, especially the skill positions, than anybody in the GMC. There does not appear to be any other team in the GMC that has the offensive capabilities like Princeton.

- Princeton came up with some huge passes and catches, most of them on 3rd down, and most of them well covered. Big credit to the Princeton athletes that made those plays happen to either score or keep drives alive.

- I think it would be highly unlikely that Princeton would duplicate that performance and make all those throws under pressure and catches under good coverage again against a very solid Colerain secondary and very good Colerain Defensive front.

A few thoughts on the season so far.

Colerain's offense has drastically improved since week 1, so that's a positive. The o-line is making space and our qb's and rb's are hitting the holes quickly. The wr blocking is drastically improving as well. 37 points should be enough to win a game.

As far as last Friday, Princeton's offense is nasty, so many athletes that can take it to the house any time they touch it. With the defense the Cards have, I would have thought there's no chance in hell any team would go out and drop 41 on them. That's still baffling to me. I remember in 2013 when the Vikes had Tyrell Gilbert they put up 38 points. The Cards won 56-38. Crazy things happen at every level and sometimes when a team gets momentum it seems impossible to stop it.

There's still 3 games left plus the playoffs and I don't think this team is just going to lay down. Kids are resilient and they've put in far too much work, especially under these circumstances. The defense is still incredibly talented and I would like to think they wouldn't get gashed that bad again. Who knows, only time will tell.

A few thoughts on the season so far.

Colerain's offense has drastically improved since week 1, so that's a positive. The o-line is making space and our qb's and rb's are hitting the holes quickly. The wr blocking is drastically improving as well. 37 points should be enough to win a game.

As far as last Friday, Princeton's offense is nasty, so many athletes that can take it to the house any time they touch it. With the defense the Cards have, I would have thought there's no chance in hell any team would go out and drop 41 on them. That's still baffling to me. I remember in 2013 when the Vikes had Tyrell Gilbert they put up 38 points. The Cards won 56-38. Crazy things happen at every level and sometimes when a team gets momentum it seems impossible to stop it.

There's still 3 games left plus the playoffs and I don't think this team is just going to lay down. Kids are resilient and they've put in far too much work, especially under these circumstances. The defense is still incredibly talented and I would like to think they wouldn't get gashed that bad again. Who knows, only time will tell.
Yes.....I came away from the game feeling a little shocked that the comeback actually happened, but overall feeling pretty good for the team overall.
Thats mostly due to how much improvement the offense seems to be making and the confidence Prather seems to be getting.

The Defense is still only giving up something like 1.5 yds per carry on the season. They gave up some big passes to Princeton, but this seems like the exception rather than the rule with the group of defenders Colerain has. I have no doubt the defense will be fine......The offense making huge improvements and gaining confidence is a bigger deal IMO.

In fact in the 4th quarter, with Colerain leading 37-20, I was thinking how dangerous they could be if the offense kept improving. Little did I know Princeton was about to hit three long passes and score 3 TD's ? Credit to Princeton.

Yes.....I came away from the game feeling a little shocked that the comeback actually happened, but overall feeling pretty good for the team overall.
Thats mostly due to how much improvement the offense seems to be making and the confidence Prather seems to be getting.

The Defense is still only giving up something like 1.5 yds per carry on the season. They gave up some big passes to Princeton, but this seems like the exception rather than the rule with the group of defenders Colerain has. I have no doubt the defense will be fine......The offense making huge improvements and gaining confidence is a bigger deal IMO.

In fact in the 4th quarter, with Colerain leading 37-20, I was thinking how dangerous they could be if the offense kept improving. Little did I know Princeton was about to hit three long passes and score 3 TD's ? Credit to Princeton.
I was thinking the same thing when we had that lead. I'm with you. I think they'll be fine. I know Middletown is awful, but it'll be great to just get back out on the field and get back to work. Very curious to see how they respond after what went down at The Cage on Friday.

Thank you! Yes they should! The only value Colerain brings to the GMC is football. Say goodbye to both of them, they came in together let them leave together. An 8 team league is better! Thanks again for the support.

I thought you Colerain fans could use some of this for your tropy case this year:
1600117275704.png

Thank you! Yes they should! The only value Colerain brings to the GMC is football. Say goodbye to both of them, they came in together let them leave together. An 8 team league is better! Thanks again for the support.
Colerain joined the GMC before Oak Hills. Why shouldn’t Hamilton and Middletown leave ? Oak Hills is light years ahead of both of them.

Colerain football is the most dominant of any program in any school in the GMC.

Without Colerain Football....the GMC is the ECC.

#truth

-CardinalsFan

#truth

-CardinalsFan
Major credit to your Cardinal Football program. They are a credit to the GMC in football. I'm sure I'm not the only one who like their overall athletic program to improve. Oak Hills, they would be better off in another league. Some don't agree but they can't compete in football although their two games this year not terrible but they did lose to Milford. Milford thumped by Turpin.

#truth

-CardinalsFan
You might want to check the history books , Princeton Middletown has a say in that category as well

You might want to check the history books , Princeton Middletown has a say in that category as well
Neither Princeton or Middletown ever dominated the GMC the way Colerain has this century. That is truth.

Time will tell whether this season is a bump in the road of dominance for the Cardinals or truly the beginning of a more "level" GMC.

-CardinalsFan

Once again Princeton has done just about everything Colerain has done in the GMC , City, State , and has more state championship,

Neither Princeton or Middletown ever dominated the GMC the way Colerain has this century. That is truth.

Time will tell whether this season is a bump in the road of dominance for the Cardinals or truly the beginning of a more "level" GMC.

-CardinalsFan
Colerain has had a great run. The GMC has a long, storied history (not just since 2000). Princeton has won much more GMC titles than Colerain and as stated previously, more state championships. Easy to verify. Just go to the GMC website.