Little Miami?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This absolutely is not a double standard. The kid from Roger Bacon met with the administration before the game and they came to an agreement on what could be done. In this case the kids met with the administration and were told that they could not use any flag other than the American flag and the school flag and they did it anyway. Two completely different situations
I call Bull. The administration at Bacon caved when the star said he was going to kneel.

In the end Little Miami caved too, mainly because the people who said no are trying to keep their jobs.

It depends on who you are honoring if the PC police will allow it.

Last edited:
I call Bull. The administration at Bacon caved when the star said he wasn't going to kneel.

In the end Little Miami caved too, mainly because the people who said no are trying to keep their jobs.

When did the star from RB say he wasn’t going to kneel? He has been kneeling all season? Typo on your end?

When did the star from RB say he wasn’t going to kneel? He has been kneeling all season? Typo on your end?
At the beginning of the year Roger Bacon came out and said if you kneel you don't play. When the star heard that he said he was going to kneel.

I did have a typo and it should say "was".
I will fix it.

I dispute that these administrators were in any way well meaning. The punishment they gave the boys indicates that they're petty, vindictive little tyrants. Their decision to not let the boys carry the flags out smacks of insufferable political correctness.

For the last 20 years how many times have we seen kids carry the police flag out on the anniversary of 9/11? I suspect that in the past Little Miami has honored first responders on the anniversary of 9/11.

The h3ll with “political correctness.” This is political bias, plain and simple.

At the beginning of the year Roger Bacon came out and said if you kneel you don't play. When the star heard that he said he was going to kneel.

I will fix it.

No problem was just making sure I was understanding your post correctly.

It is all pretty much the same store. But Trump Jr tweeted about it, Daily Wire Louder with Crowder picked it up, and several new sources from all over the country.
Any stories on them from the bigger and more important rural Ohio story over the past week, in which the Rootstown superintendent subverted the coach’s decision to kick off the star player for calling a black teammate the ‘N’ word by immediately reinstating the kid because he’s good at football?

Because verbal doesn't hold up. We see that time and time again. It becomes a he said/she said fiasco where "people weren't clear" and then a written rule is in place after the courts have ruled.
So every time a teacher/coach gives an order it has to be backed up by something in writing?

“Stop reciting from ‘Mein Kampf’ in the parking lot at lunch”.

“No way, that infraction isn’t specifically written down in the code of conduct. I’ll do as I please, or I’ll see you in court.”

You might think that way, but a judge might think otherwise. Couldn't this scenario happen:

-Players fly first responders flags at a game with no punishment.
-Next home game, a white supremacist player tries to fly a confederate flag as he enters the field - player suspended
-White supremacist player says, "Hey, you allowed those other flags. Reinstate me or I'm suing"

That's the kind of thing that has Supreme Court written all over it.
You could take away the "-Players fly first responders flags at a game with no punishment." and the rest of those steps could still happen.

People can sue for any punishment and frequently do. Heck, LeBron James sued the OHSAA on his suspension for a clear violation and he still won.

You could take away the "-Players fly first responders flags at a game with no punishment." and the rest of those steps could still happen.

Sure, but it would have less stable ground than, "You let these people do what they wanted. Why am I treated differently?"

You might think that way, but a judge might think otherwise. Couldn't this scenario happen:

-Players fly first responders flags at a game with no punishment.
-Next home game, a white supremacist player tries to fly a confederate flag as he enters the field - player suspended
-White supremacist player says, "Hey, you allowed those other flags. Reinstate me or I'm suing"

That's the kind of thing that has Supreme Court written all over it.
Laughable.

I call Bull. The administration at Bacon caved when the star said he was going to kneel.

Nice pub, I guess.

I think of this like an HOA. Recently someone put a bunch of signs up saying thanks to the local police department in my HOA. Many of us called and stated that if we let these signs stay up...what next? It isn't the message but the long term consequences. Also many students these days just don't listen to authority and I'm glad the administration put their foot down.
You are a crappy neighbor.

I will fix it.

*Roger Bacon said no kneeling.

Running Back said OK and turned in his equipment.

Roger Bacon decided to rethink their decision BEFORE it got out that one of the top recruits in the nation decided not to play because of Roger Bacon's stance. The private school would've truly felt the repression's for years. And not just the Win column in football.

The Blue Lives Matter flag is just a stand-in for the Confederate Flag. A socially respectable replacement and effective dog whistle that white supremacists can hide behind.

The Red Lives Matter flag is flown as cover. It is to soften the "message" that the other flag is trying to send.

The Blue Lives Matter flag is just a stand-in for the Confederate Flag. A socially respectable replacement and effective dog whistle that white supremacists can hide behind.

The Red Lives Matter flag is flown as cover. It is to soften the "message" that the other flag is trying to send.
Troll.

If someone in this country has a problem with a person carrying a flag supporting the United States, or supporting the police, then they should go to another country and get out of here. Also, if you kneel during the National Anthem, it is time for you to go as well. If you do not like it here, I will pay for your ticket to leave. People do not know how well they have it here. Go to another country and see how well you like it compared to the great USA.
All of use sports to escape from the daily grind of work, stress, social BS, politics, etc. Now, sports are flooded with politics as well. I have already quit watching the NFL entirely because of this crap. So last Saturday, I turn on a college game and the first thing I see is some chucklehead with "Equality" stamped across his back. So now, there goes the college game. And now, it has trickled down to HS sports.
The sad thing about it is, is that most of these people that are kneeling, actually have no idea why they are doing it. It is just copycat, and trying to be "mainstream".
I am so fed up with this crap that I am giving up watching/following sports entirely. I have been an avid fan of all sports for nearly 60 years, and now it has come to this.
Sad. Pathetic.

Or they are just supporting police. And the rest of your post is stupid.

If someone in this country has a problem with a person carrying a flag supporting the United States, or supporting the police, then they should go to another country and get out of here. Also, if you kneel during the National Anthem, it is time for you to go as well. If you do not like it here, I will pay for your ticket to leave. People do not know how well they have it here. Go to another country and see how well you like it compared to the great USA.
All of use sports to escape from the daily grind of work, stress, social BS, politics, etc. Now, sports are flooded with politics as well. I have already quit watching the NFL entirely because of this crap. So last Saturday, I turn on a college game and the first thing I see is some chucklehead with "Equality" stamped across his back. So now, there goes the college game. And now, it has trickled down to HS sports.
The sad thing about it is, is that most of these people that are kneeling, actually have no idea why they are doing it. It is just copycat, and trying to be "mainstream".
I am so fed up with this crap that I am giving up watching/following sports entirely. I have been an avid fan of all sports for nearly 60 years, and now it has come to this.
Sad. Pathetic.

You should watch a YouTube video about the thoroughbred champion Whirlaway. He lived an interesting life that was quite patriotic during WW2.

So every time a teacher/coach gives an order it has to be backed up by something in writing?

“Stop reciting from ‘Mein Kampf’ in the parking lot at lunch”.

“No way, that infraction isn’t specifically written down in the code of conduct. I’ll do as I please, or I’ll see you in court.”
It sure does have to be written down or else you have no leg to stand on. Go ahead and recite Mein Kampf if you want to, there are some excellent historical, psychological, and sociological cases to add to academic areas of study. It also depends what parts of Mein Kampf one is reciting. The student is protected by 1st Amendment unless he/she is ensuing a riot at school or directly violating part of the student code of conduct. How they could "get" the student is by being in the parking lot at lunch, that's a big no-no these days at high schools. Again, that would be in the student code of conduct.

Ummmm what an incredibly STUPID statement.

Sad. Pathetic.
Damn dawg it’s not that big a deal

It sure does have to be written down or else you have no leg to stand on. Go ahead and recite Mein Kampf if you want to, there are some excellent historical, psychological, and sociological cases to add to academic areas of study. It also depends what parts of Mein Kampf one is reciting. The student is protected by 1st Amendment unless he/she is ensuing a riot at school or directly violating part of the student code of conduct. How they could "get" the student is by being in the parking lot at lunch, that's a big no-no these days at high schools. Again, that would be in the student code of conduct.
This is an interesting conversation, lol. Are you asserting that any legal form of expression not mentioned in the code of conduct is permissible?

Players were reinstated today.
After the players were suspended, a petition on change.org urging the district to lift the suspension had more than 19,000 signatures Tuesday morning. Little Miami school board president Bobbie Grice announced later Tuesday that Williams and Bentley had returned to active status. Coincidence?

Last edited:
This is an interesting conversation, lol. Are you asserting that any legal form of expression not mentioned in the code of conduct is permissible?
Yes as long as there is legal precedent allowing such behaviors in the same settings. If the school violates that without those rules in place, there is grounds for lawsuit and damages. That is what makes legal precedent and the courts so important. Also, this is why codes of conduct, school board policies, etc. are all constantly updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.