SWBL Matchup tonight..Bellbrook at Oakwood

12penguins

Bellbrook stands 4-0 in leagueplay and 5-1 overall. Oakwood is 3-0-1 and 4-0-1 with the tie against a very good Monroe team. Bellbrook has yet to meet up with Monroe. always a rivalry atmosphere for these two...with Oakwood winning both games a year ago, the Eagles will be looking for some revenge.

Busy week for Oakwood as they host D1 juggernaut Dayton Carroll (6-1), Thursday night. Carroll certainly favored in that one, but it will be fun, as Connor Bailey, The Osterholdt twins and Ben El Cid have played club with Oakwood's Billy Boukavalis and Ben Goeller for years in the Celtec/Galaxies program. They have had great success together in club play and not get to match up for their respective High Schools. The Patriots have scored 15 goals in their last two games, with wins over LaSalle and Alter. Fun week.

Since we fans, sans sons playing, are not allowed to attend....I hope it is streamed by the school. Bellbrook's only loss was by a goal at Carroll first game of the season.

Since we fans, sans sons playing, are not allowed to attend....I hope it is streamed by the school. Bellbrook's only loss was by a goal at Carroll first game of the season.
i believe that oakwood does have a streaming service though i cannot identify it. you could call the athletic office for confirmation. my good fortune is my media credentIal for greene county news.

I would think you could get a decent view from outside the fence at oakwood. They are playing down at the stadium with the youth fields around them, right? Old river or something like that? The name escapes me. And after half you might be able to stroll in if they are one of the places that shut down the ticket booths after half.

I would think you could get a decent view from outside the fence at oakwood. They are playing down at the stadium with the youth fields around them, right? Old river or something like that? The name escapes me. And after half you might be able to stroll in if they are one of the places that shut down the ticket booths after half.
yes, there are a few places along the road side where you can see into the stadium. none on the old river field sides though.

Oakwood wins without much of a struggle, scoring 3 in the opening half. Bellbrook only had one legit chance at a goal... Final Oakwood 3, Bellbrook 0. Third straight win for the Lumberjacks over the Eagles.

Watched on stream. Oakwood is for real. I don't think there is any doubt this is the best Oakwood team in history. They easily outclassed Bellbrook 3 to 0. The Jacks are skilled at all positions.....extremely well connected. They challenge for possession at all times....and rarely kick to clear. They are great at transitioning from deposessing the other team and starting their attack. Tough to break down defensively. Just an excellent, well coached and together team. They also have a number of really talented players in key positions. Would not be surprised to see them (streaming of course) in Columbus in November. Really look forward to their game against Carroll later this week The days of Bellbrook dominating the SWBL is definitely over.

Watched on stream. Oakwood is for real. I don't think there is any doubt this is the best Oakwood team in history. They easily outclassed Bellbrook 3 to 0. The Jacks are skilled at all positions.....extremely well connected. They challenge for possession at all times....and rarely kick to clear. They are great at transitioning from deposessing the other team and starting their attack. Tough to break down defensively. Just an excellent, well coached and together team. They also have a number of really talented players in key positions. Would not be surprised to see them (streaming of course) in Columbus in November. Really look forward to their game against Carroll later this week The days of Bellbrook dominating the SWBL is definitely over.
Monroe has won the league 3 of 4 and likely 4 of 5 with either an outright or tie with Oakwood this year. My point is it’s been a minute since Bellbrook dominated the league, but does explain why the polls always look the way they look. Name recognition above other factors, especially for the early polls.

Monroe has won the league 3 of 4 and likely 4 of 5 with either an outright or tie with Oakwood this year. My point is it’s been a minute since Bellbrook dominated the league, but does explain why the polls always look the way they look. Name recognition above other factors, especially for the early polls.
Hi Lightyears. Monroe has been the dominant team for the past two years, as this year's senior class is very skilled and has led them both as underclassmen and again in 2020. They have won the league the past two years, but Bellbrook dominated and won the league every year from 2012 to 2017. Oakwood's 2020 senior class is also strong and as Iluvs mentioned is probably their strongest class in memory. I believe their tie on the road with Monroe was also a confidence booster. Last year, Monroe was assigned to the Cincinnato district, so they did not factor in the Dayton District, where ALter usually gets the top seed ( no matter what!). Not sure of the 2020 assignments. I suspect they are significant underdogs going into Thursday night's game with Carroll, but as mentioend in previous posts, it will be fun for many of us who have watched the 6 Celtec/Galaxies club members compete together for many years as they compete against each other at Oakwood.

12penguins - will they have a livestream of the game vs Carroll? Agree that it will be fun to see the boys compete against each other.