Hubbard at Girard

sportster4321

Rivalry game for these two squads. Girard has had Hubbard's number the past two times these teams have played. Hubbard is 3-0 coming off a blowout of Lakeview who may not score a point this season. Also a incredibly ugly win over Jefferson and win vs Struthers. Girard is 1-2 coming off blow out losses to Poland and Southrange, the two best teams in the conference. Hubbard is extremely young but a lot of bright spots. Don't know much about Girard.

Actually scored a ticket to Poland/Girard last week. Poland could have hung 50 on Girard but started getting sloppy and took their foot off the gas. #2 is better than his older brother on D but not O. Still a play maker for sure. If Hubbard can get pressure on QB and cover #2 they will be fine. Girard does have some decent team speed as well.

This game worries me...

I still got a sour taste in my mouth with that game last year played at "The Beautiful".

I think this game qualifies as a "payback game"

Girard is bad on both lines. The running gsme is so-so with Maddox. Malito is good on jet sweeps. I think Hubbard wins, maybe not easily, but by a score or 10 points in the end.

Defense wins games and I think Hubbard's defensive front will get the pressure they need to disrupt the backfields to make the difference in this game!!

Interesting game. Girard has played the two best teams in the conference and had to get out of their offensive game plan early since they got so far behind so early. Girard is still well coached and a hard nosed team. Hubbard did what they had to do for the first 3 weeks getting valuable playing time and intense situations for some of the younger players. This will be a very good game similar to Struthers vs Niles.

I'm just watching Jaws 31 talking s*** about my team again this year. LOL It's a good omen. The more he hates on them, the better they do!!!
Girard Played two of the best teams in the area if not the state in they're divisions. They're going to beat up on everybody left on their schedule. Hubbard has played three of the weaker teams in the league. Struthers lost a ton and if they cant knock off Niles, they might not win another game. Hubbard, if they fall to Girard, won't either.
I think this weeks game is fairly evenly matched but I think #2 for Girard will be the best athlete on the field. Line play will matter and Hubbard always comes with a strong offensive line and at least one burner. Both teams have scored 77 points this year, but the level of competition favors Girard. Girard struggled in a downpour in week one when most teams postponed, Against lakeview they had four first half turnovers and as many holding calls slowing any offense. The dry second half was a blowout scoring 35 in the third quarter with seconds in to finish up. They kept it a little interesting against SR early in the second half after SR got a three score lead scoring twice in the third. The rest of the second half didn't go well. But they scored more than Poland. That's a positive. The Poland game, they certainly got pushed around by a huge offensive line and couldn't produce much offense. They're back at home this week and may finish the season with three more wins. All in all, I'm just glad the kids get to play. Wish I could be there. Maybe I will.

Last edited:
Hard to tell what kind of team Hubbard is. They looked great against my cats, and then probably should have lost to Jefferson at the end of the game. Jefferson is still very bad at football. So this game is really a crapshoot.

I'm just watching Jaws 31 talking s*** about my team again this year. LOL It's a good omen. The more he hates on them, the better they do!!!
Girard Played two of the best teams in the area if not the state in they're divisions. They're going to beat up on everybody left on their schedule. Hubbard has played three of the weaker teams in the league. Struthers lost a ton and if they cant knock off Niles, they might not win another game. Hubbard, if they fall to Girard, won't either.
I think this weeks game is fairly evenly matched but I think #2 for Girard will be the best athlete on the field. Line play will matter and Hubbard always comes with a strong offensive line and at least one burner. Both teams have scored 77 points this year, but the level of competition favors Girard. Girard struggled in a downpour in week one when most teams postponed, Against lakeview they had four first half turnovers and as many holding calls slowing any offense. The dry second half was a blowout scoring 35 in the third quarter with seconds in to finish up. They kept it a little interesting against SR early in the second half after SR got a three score lead scoring twice in the third. The rest of the second half didn't go well. But they scored more than Poland. That's a positive. The Poland game, they certainly got pushed around by a huge offensive line and couldn't produce much offense. They're back at home this week and may finish the season with three more wins. All in all, I'm just glad the kids get to play. Wish I could be there. Maybe I will.
Conference is in 3 tiers in my opinion this year

SR and Poland

Hubbard struthers girard niles

Lakeview and jefferson.

the middle would all be Toss ups and go either way, Hubbard/struthers has been decided by 1 score the last 3 years, Niles and girard always goes either way same with Hubbard and girard

Blah blah blah

I think if Hubbard's line is healthy and if Caffey eats his Wheaties this week, it's going to be very hard for Girard to stop Hubbard. I look forward to this Fridays game.

I think if Hubbard's line is healthy and if Caffey eats his Wheaties this week, it's going to be very hard for Girard to stop Hubbard. I look forward to this Fridays game.
I would agree with this assumption, I am still blown away at that Jefferson performance though.

Also I don’t think Girard is going to blow anyone out
I mean obviously they have a chance to blow out Jefferson, they are actually probably going to lose this week to Hubbard and no way they blow out Niles