The official EBC Football Thread

So I heard Carrolton lines up to kick the winning field goal against Salem with seconds left. The kick was good to win the game and then out comes a penalty flag. Omg. The re-kick failed. Well it was Sr night at Salem.
Watch the stream. They come out to kick and salem calls timeout (they kick anyway and it's good), they line up a second time and Carrollton calls timeout. They lineup the third time and actually kick the ball for real this time and it sails wide left

I was not able to watch the game because the stream stopped working for me. I did listen to most of it and the 2nd half was ugly. Seems like once again the Lions are hindered by a small roster and get dominated on the line of scrimmage. The running backs have no room the run and the quarterback has no time to throw. I don’t care if Terry Bradshaw is our quarterback the result would have been the same.
I thought we were going to have a bigger roster and I was told that we had 33 or 34 kids on the sideline and we dress freshmen, just can’t seem to get the kids to come back out. It is very concerning because I think we have 15 or 16 seniors so the numbers don’t look promising next year either . Hopefully the Lions can get something going this year because there are some athletes on that team but it seems like they will be overmatched just about every game.

If it's any consolation I've heard both the junior high teams are relatively solid

Last edited:
Watch the stream. They come out to kick and salem calls timeout (they kick anyway and it's good), they line up a second time and Carrollton calls timeout. They lineup the third time and actually kick the ball for real this time and it sails wide left

If it's any consolation I've heard both the junior high teams are relatively solid
Thanks for clarifying. ?

yes they are. I hope they keep playing and have numbers in a few years. The top 3 classes at the varsity level were very good in 6th grade will big rosters and slowly kids continued to fall off.

Hard to gauge, the records of the teams they beat are 1-8. Improved tho I’d say
West Branch is for real this year. Very dynamic offense. I know Alliance is 0-3 but scoring 48 on them is pretty good and I heard they could have scored more if needed. the EBC is much better this year and more balanced.

West Branch is for real this year. Very dynamic offense. I know Alliance is 0-3 but scoring 48 on them is pretty good and I heard they could have scored more if needed. the EBC is much better this year and more balanced.
It’s more balanced to me because alliance and marlington arnt as good

Kind of like your league I would guess , your looking at a 2-8 possibly 3-7 if ya can beat Niles Friday. Meaning the flow of power does shift.
Hard to believe since there’s a 6 game season lmao nobody magically moved in to WB, you would have still got smoked by struthers and girard again, be happy you’re finally not gonna be 2-8

Hard to believe since there’s a 6 game season lmao nobody magically moved in to WB, you would have still got smoked by struthers and girard again, be happy you’re finally not gonna be 2-8
Ya Always have be that crap in the crack of everyone backside. Your right about the 6 games your not going to make it past your playoff game. God willing you draw us. Would enjoy ending your 2 Win season. Be like taking a Little kitty to the vets gas chamber.

Ya Always have be that crap in the crack of everyone backside. Your right about the 6 games your not going to make it past your playoff game. God willing you draw us. Would enjoy ending your 2 Win season. Be like taking a Little kitty to the vets gas chamber.
There is no chance in hell that West branch advances in the playoffs relax... but for laughs how good is this team compared to the region?

I will be your first playoff berth and God knows how long because everyone is making it. Please step off your high horse, you are beating teams from your awful conference.

You’re delusional lol 32-12 don’t forget it. If we were to lose the rest of our games niles/Poland/Sr those are all games you wouldn’t win either lmao. I really really really hope you get thrown back on our schedule so we can Keep it simple and run for another 350 and get home before 9pm

I have an idea let’s all jump on the Struthers site an bash all their teams like they feel necessary to do on here. No doubt these two are both liberals
No I’m just coming at you, ever hear me trash Minerva? Carrollton? Alliance? Marlington? Nope you haven’t, who do I come at people who y’all nonsense Because their team finally won a few games and didn’t get a 30 game losing streak broken against them. Is it not fair to say alliance and marlington are having a bad year? And that if you look through the forums all of last season all posters said the EBC was bad minus those 2 teams and Salem. I was simply stating they are obviously improved but that could also be because the teams they played are 1-8 and you got pissy and defensive....... so
Let’s go down this rabbit hole, when’s the last time west branch has made it to the playoffs? When’s the last time west branch has beaten a team that went on to go to the playoffs? Are you going to go back to banging on the coach when things start to go south, and next year will be very south. Are you going to simply disappear because you look like a fool?

A shortened season with basically no off season is going to hurt the teams who are young “alliance-Salem-marlington” and the teams who have a lot of 2-3 year starters will be better prepared the first couple weeks. You cannot do simple math which I’m sad about, you forget your team was 2-8 last season “but we shoulda won we had the talent” give me a break you’re a clown

No I’m just coming at you, ever hear me trash Minerva? Carrollton? Alliance? Marlington? Nope you haven’t, who do I come at people who y’all nonsense Because their team finally won a few games and didn’t get a 30 game losing streak broken against them. Is it not fair to say alliance and marlington are having a bad year? And that if you look through the forums all of last season all posters said the EBC was bad minus those 2 teams and Salem. I was simply stating they are obviously improved but that could also be because the teams they played are 1-8 and you got pissy and defensive....... so
Let’s go down this rabbit hole, when’s the last time west branch has made it to the playoffs? When’s the last time west branch has beaten a team that went on to go to the playoffs? Are you going to go back to banging on the coach when things start to go south, and next year will be very south. Are you going to simply disappear because you look like a fool?

A shortened season with basically no off season is going to hurt the teams who are young “alliance-Salem-marlington” and the teams who have a lot of 2-3 year starters will be better prepared the first couple weeks. You cannot do simple math which I’m sad about, you forget your team was 2-8 last season “but we shoulda won we had the talent” give me a break you’re a clown
Oh yes your totally a Democrat!!
You never say or do anything wrong. Everyone else is to Blame. Your team is the best. Lol .i bet you were in the band k-12. Your pathetic self is exactly what’s wrong with society today. Sad you have nothing Better to do than to post a what 4 paragraph reply on a football forum.
God help your miserable life.

You never say or do anything wrong. Everyone else is to Blame. Your team is the best. Lol .i bet you were in the band k-12. Your pathetic self is exactly what’s wrong with society today. Sad you have nothing Better to do than to post a what 4 paragraph reply on a football forum.
You are the reason why everyone looks at Trump supporters like they’re retarded.

Also do you want to know something hilarious? West branch backed out of game number three against Girard and Struthers next season.

Not a Democrat actually, it’s trump train for me, but you are just an idiot, never said my team was the best at all, just said they’re miles ahead of yours.

You are the reason why everyone looks at Trump supporters like they’re retarded.
Really, Hum , how’s your SLM movement /riots going Up there. Cause ya know only Struthers Posters matters

Last edited:
It’s more balanced to me because alliance and marlington arnt as good
Good point - from what I hear Marlington is down but Alliance being 0-3 is really surprising. I thought they would walk away with this league with a QB committed to Youngstown State. They lost the lead late against Bedford and getting beat by Marlington was shocking. Salem seems to be pretty young too but just beat carrollton.. I haven't been to a game and some of the live streams have been difficult to watch. But i think most of the teams are better. Carrollton has a good defense and some skill on offense , Minerva still has a very small roster and continues to struggle but they do have some good football players. Canton South has a pretty athletic team and a 230 lb tailback that is a good athlete and physical runner - . They may pose a problem for West Branch and could be a dark horse.

West Branch changed their offense and they can score a lot of points. They have a couple of big receivers, a pretty fast receiver and a big running back. Most importantly, their quarterback is a dual threat quarterback and is having a great year so far. Yes they are beatable but you probably need to score 35 to 40 points to do so. Although the personal battle with TEAMEBC is entertaining, I am not trying t stir the pot. I think Struthers scored 30 something on them last year and they may not be enough this year?? WB can score some points.

But overall the league is better, most of the teams are better but I do agree that the "Big 2" are down this year.

Yep. That’s it. Obviously you must be 2 people ,cause no one person is as dumb as your A....
After the numerous spelling and grammatical errors, you sure have no room to call anyone stupid on this board. We are all dumber now. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

So I heard Carrolton lines up to kick the winning field goal against Salem with seconds left. The kick was good to win the game and then out comes a penalty flag. Omg. The re-kick failed. Well it was Sr night at Salem.
Actually they called a time out as they were snapping the ball. Officiating was questionable all day, but even for both teams!