PAC 2020

Manchester and Fairless played a solid defense only game. I expected a little more from Fairless but Manchester, I'd have to say, has a pretty impressive D. Corners and safeties played tight coverage. No missed tackles- only one I saw. Northwest continues to feel good playing subpar competition. I do like their D though too. Much talk about the high flying offence, some nice pieces there. I root for Tuslaw but once again, too many coaches coming going. They need consistency at the helm. Redbirds ran well last night. Orrville has fallen shockingly low. Always have had respect for them, have talent but not sure what is going on. Look out for canton south coming next year (it is next year right?).

Manchester and Fairless played a solid defense only game. I expected a little more from Fairless but Manchester, I'd have to say, has a pretty impressive D. Corners and safeties played tight coverage. No missed tackles- only one I saw. Northwest continues to feel good playing subpar competition. I do like their D though too. Much talk about the high flying offence, some nice pieces there. I root for Tuslaw but once again, too many coaches coming going. They need consistency at the helm. Redbirds ran well last night. Orrville has fallen shockingly low. Always have had respect for them, have talent but not sure what is going on. Look out for canton south coming next year (it is next year right?).

Canton South enters the PAC in 2022.

I agree with most of your statement and analysis. But, subpar? I’m confused. Also I spoken with many Nw fans and parents. And they aren’t “satisfied” with the good start. They are doing this without a couple lineman, and their RB. But looks to me like they have two solid RBs as a freshman and sophomore.
I guess I just don’t understand the subpar comment.
NW beats Orrville at Orrville with Parks. By 5 TDS.
then they beat a CVCA team that won’t lose another regular season game.
And then went to Triway and battled through an away game to a team that is very dangerous. Triway has a lot of positives that keeps them in the top 3 of the league.
manchester is Manchester. Hard to beat them at home with their good D! And T formation

Orrville will be without parks the rest of the year. He played 1 game and is in trouble. Big trouble.

But yea canton south is the real deal

The Jay Brophy Era begins with a victory!
Manchester 7 Fairless 0
Tradition doesn't graduate!
The Panther Defense hasn't looked this good since 2013.
TC, you could really tell that their D is going to be in good hands with Flossie. What a tremendous upgrade in preparation. And, Brophy was actually coaching on the sideline. That's a plus also. Offensively, sub par performance. Something has to be done at QB. RB's seem to be average with not great speed. Could be a boring, successful season.

TC, you could really tell that their D is going to be in good hands with Flossie. What a tremendous upgrade in preparation. And, Brophy was actually coaching on the sideline. That's a plus also. Offensively, sub par performance. Something has to be done at QB. RB's seem to be average with not great speed. Could be a boring, successful season.
They didn't look confused on D for the first time in a long time. The big plays they gave up were the result of the Fairless guys making them and not because of lapses in discipline or responsibility. Also, that defense came through when it had to. Offensively, I had some issue with some of the situational play calls, but that Fairless defense is solid, too. I'm confident this coaching staff will figure it out.

They didn't look confused on D for the first time in a long time. The big plays they gave up were the result of the Fairless guys making them and not because of lapses in discipline or responsibility. Also, that defense came through when it had to. Offensively, I had some issue with some of the situational play calls, but that Fairless defense is solid, too. I'm confident this coaching staff will figure it out.
TC, I think once the OC, Jividen, figures it out talent wise, they can be effective. As I have always believed, you need a 3rd option and I think the Soles kid at TE could be it.

The Jay Brophy Era begins with a victory!
Manchester 7 Fairless 0
Tradition doesn't graduate!
The Panther Defense hasn't looked this good since 2013.
Anything is possible except trying to win a game at panther stadium
I agree with most of your statement and analysis. But, subpar? I’m confused. Also I spoken with many Nw fans and parents. And they aren’t “satisfied” with the good start. They are doing this without a couple lineman, and their RB. But looks to me like they have two solid RBs as a freshman and sophomore.
I guess I just don’t understand the subpar comment.
NW beats Orrville at Orrville with Parks. By 5 TDS.
then they beat a CVCA team that won’t lose another regular season game.
And then went to Triway and battled through an away game to a team that is very dangerous. Triway has a lot of positives that keeps them in the top 3 of the league.
manchester is Manchester. Hard to beat them at home with their good D! And T formation

Orrville will be without parks the rest of the year. He played 1 game and is in trouble. Big trouble.

But yea canton south is the real deal
couldnt of said it any better . Cvca won’t lose another game and will blow every one out .

Manchester back to playing games & the PAC thread comes to life!

NW has to be considered class of the league if for no other reason than they have the best QB/most talented player.

CVCA loss to Fairless looks bad but considering it was that Wk 1 monsoon and finished at 1am think we can throw that out.

Tuslaw....sad. Loudonville not leaving league quietly.

Orrville had 1 kid left from state title team and he left field in ambulance Friday.

Triway, that offense is something else with a good qb. Unfortunately they don’t have one right now.

Last edited:
Well here we go. Week 4 already. Who are your picks?

Triway @ Fairless
Cvca @ Tuslaw
Manchester @ NW
Loudonville @ Orrville

CB83AB44-E8DF-450C-98B4-0E0D7D479426.jpeg

I have:
Fairless over Triway but very close game. I think Triway gets the O going this week. 35-30
CVCA over Tuslaw 27-7
Northwest over Manchester in another lower scoring affair for the Panthers. 17-13
Loundonville over Orrville. Red birds going to score some points. 42-20
Good luck PAC teams.

I have:
Fairless over Triway but very close game. I think Triway gets the O going this week. 35-30
CVCA over Tuslaw 27-7
Northwest over Manchester in another lower scoring affair for the Panthers. 17-13
Loundonville over Orrville. Red birds going to score some points. 42-20
Good luck PAC teams.

I also think Loudonville puts up the points.
I am taking Triway this week in a shootout.
Cvca big over Tuslaw
NW over Manchester but it will be close. Manchester has a good D. Can run the ball. NW has the offensive firepower to stay ahead and a rivalry game. But, their D has to stop the run.

Manchester week! It is hard to predict anything with Manchester only playing one game so far. How did their pass coverage look last week? Did Fairless try to put the ball up very often? What was their run to pass ratio and what was Manchester's? I feel like the only way that a team can beat us this year is if they really mix it up and try to stay balanced and keep us guessing. That is what lead to CVCA's success on offense against us. Luckily our boys really came out on fire that second half and slowed them down. DeMarco seams to be doing a really good job!

Manchester week! It is hard to predict anything with Manchester only playing one game so far. How did their pass coverage look last week? Did Fairless try to put the ball up very often? What was their run to pass ratio and what was Manchester's? I feel like the only way that a team can beat us this year is if they really mix it up and try to stay balanced and keep us guessing. That is what lead to CVCA's success on offense against us. Luckily our boys really came out on fire that second half and slowed them down. DeMarco seams to be doing a really good job!
NW go to MHS Events on youtube.com and you can see for yourself.

NW go to MHS Events on youtube.com and you can see for yourself.
After watch CVCA @ Fairlesss and Fairless @ Manchester reminded me of last year. Fairless pounded a good Dalton team then laid eggs against Orrville & CVCA. Falcons have some talent, but everyone looking at the week 1 score over CVCA needs to remember that game finished well after midnight with 2 or 3 delays. Since then CVCA's been the only team other than NW to score 25+ a game.

Panthers D was daring Falcons to throw and that QB just wasn't comfortable fitting it in or going over top. Their O is what it is, but with Rootstown a mess & Tuslaw (who knows what's going on there) still on the schedule they could end up with a winning record after all!

After watch CVCA @ Fairlesss and Fairless @ Manchester reminded me of last year. Fairless pounded a good Dalton team then laid eggs against Orrville & CVCA. Falcons have some talent, but everyone looking at the week 1 score over CVCA needs to remember that game finished well after midnight with 2 or 3 delays. Since then CVCA's been the only team other than NW to score 25+ a game.

Panthers D was daring Falcons to throw and that QB just wasn't comfortable fitting it in or going over top. Their O is what it is, but with Rootstown a mess & Tuslaw (who knows what's going on there) still on the schedule they could end up with a winning record after all!

last year after Dalton Fairless had 3 starters out then lost 3 more vs Orrville. By week 6 they had 10 starters out and playing Freshmen.
The Fairless RB their best player didn’t play against Manchester if you look at the box score.

last year after Dalton Fairless had 3 starters out then lost 3 more vs Orrville. By week 6 they had 10 starters out and playing Freshmen.
The Fairless RB their best player didn’t play against Manchester if you look at the box score.
All of which is understandable, but when you put up 77 in 2 home games and 0 at Manchester on the road (in Manchester's first game & your 3rd) that's more than just a starting RB being out.

So I watched the Manchester v Fairless game....wow....that was painful to watch. I had to triple check that I was watching the varsity game and not the Jr. High game. It looked like both teams were in their first game of the year (with maybe one practice before getting on the field). I have never seen so many flags in my life. The only positive thing I could pull from that game is that Manchester has a real nice punter....

That said, understanding how last year went and solely based on Manchester's first game, I still say we win this 44-13.

I think Manchester-Northwest is my favorite week of the year on Yappi.

It sure does look like Manchester is fighting an uphill battle but then last year they were 4-3 after squeezing by a beat up Fairless by 7 and then laid a whopping on the Indians.

Still think NW wins if only because the arm talent they’ll see is going to be shocking compared to what they’ve seen in practice & against Fairless

Wow, did I scare everyone away?

NW hit number 9 in the AP poll this week! Woot!

Edit: I just saw that Manchester got number 10 in D5...how does a 7-0 win over Fairless warrant that kind of ranking? I think the AP has lost its mind.

Last edited:
how does beating 3 teams with a losing record deserve a 9 ranking and a team that hasnt been in the playoffs in years? Neither team should be ranked that league is down this year. Not like years past