The Official 2020 Cincinnati Reds Thread

Reds keep making ordinary pitchers look like All Stars. Was watching a movie with my wife, kept checking my phone for the score. at 3-0 in the 6th, when our movie ended, it was easier and less frustrating to just not turn the game on. Found some Tosh re-runs. Reds offense has bored me into submission.

The Tigers lost 19-0 to the Brewers today while only managing 2 hits and are still closer to a play-off spot than the Reds.

The Tigers lost 19-0 to the Brewers today while only managing 2 hits and are still closer to a play-off spot than the Reds.
Great point. All knowledgable baseball fans know that the result of one single game is very important in determining how good or bad a team is. If the Reds beat the Cubs 19-0 today, what does that mean? Nada.

Great point. All knowledgable baseball fans know that the result of one single game is very important in determining how good or bad a team is. If the Reds beat the Cubs 19-0 today, what does that mean? Nada.

I think a 19-0 victory would do wonders for the confidence of a team that has been hitting as poorly as the Reds.

Braves scored 29 runs last night. The Reds have 29 total hits in their last 6 games. Let that sink in, less than 5 hits per game. I want Bell fired as badly as anyone, but this isn't all on him.

So now that the Deds have flamed out, what are the prospects for next year? They shouldnt have kneeled :LOL:

Galvis did not attempt a bunt here. Runner on first and no outs. He hit the ball straight at Bryant. Defies all logic

Screenshot_20200911-010519_Gallery.jpg

Galvis did not attempt a bunt here. Runner on first and no outs. He hit the ball straight at Bryant. Defies all logic

View attachment 9827
I get it on the 2 strike count. But early in the count, there is no reason not to push one to the left side. And its not just Galvis, plenty of other Reds and all over the MLB. Is it stupidity? Machismo? I don't understand.

You all know I am a big OBP guy. I'm in favor of pushing one to the left side in every situation; getting on base trumps everything. But especially in the situation where you are down big and just need guys on base.

I get it on the 2 strike count. But early in the count, there is no reason not to push one to the left side. And its not just Galvis, plenty of other Reds and all over the MLB. Is it stupidity? Machismo? I don't understand.

You all know I am a big OBP guy. I'm in favor of pushing one to the left side in every situation; getting on base trumps everything. But especially in the situation where you are down big and just need guys on base.
They were shaded that way the whole at bat