The official EBC Football Thread

EBC is a mess. I say abolish the league and all teams find new homes. At least Minerva should go because they are a liability to the league and will be for years maybe decades now. No thriving program of respect would join the EBC because it’s to lopsided. Kicking Louisville out of the NBC destroyed every program involved and set its fate for the EBC.
Minerva competed well in pretty much all the other sports offered in the EBC. I agree this league is not what it used to be when it was the NBC. But this league currently has 7 great communities, and kids.

I just remember people saying he was phenomenal last year, wasn’t sure if he was still there or injured

If the Maxpreps stuff is correct he's accounted for 20 TDs and 1 turnover in 5 regular season games. As a sophomore only two games into his second season that's pretty great

Last edited:
If the Maxpreps stuff is correct he's accounted for 20 TDs in 5 regular season games. As a sophomore only two games into his second season that's pretty great
I don’t ever trust max preps but that is pretty good of true. It just seems crazy how bad they have gotten in the short time since last season

Wasn’t Salem’s Qb supposed to be some god? What’s going on out there
Well that was his brother posting those god like ,walks on water comments. He does have talent and works hard in the weight room , But Truly needed Humbled . He was taken to the college of hard knocks by the WB defense. He took some serious hits !

Well that was his brother posting those god like ,walks on water comments. He does have talent and works hard in the weight room , But Truly needed Humbled . He was taken to the college of hard knocks by the WB defense. He took some serious hits !
I knew someone was out there beating their chest for him last year lol

and if its nepotism and ive seen that before. Parents need to schedule a meeting with the school president and straighten this mess up.

I can't handle your comments anymore so I had to post. We don't need an Alliance guy stirring the pot. The least of Minerva's problems is the quarterback and you creating a controversy is ignorant. The roster is still small which is the biggest disappointment, a 1st Team all EBC lineman decided not to play, and 295 lb sophomore lineman with a great upside decided not to play. We have 2 180 lb sophomore guards that were thrown into the fire. They are struggling on the line again. Also, i know for a fact that Commons does not want to play Quarterback, there is no controversy. Costea is the best option for this team. Commons needs to play defense and he need to fill multiple roles on offense. Yes we are a run first offense and must establish the run in order to pass and they really haven't done that yet. if we do then Costea will be better.

Worry about Alliance's 0-2 start. Although I am an Whiting fan and have a feeling there will roll the rest of the year.

I can't handle your comments anymore so I had to post. We don't need an Alliance guy stirring the pot. The least of Minerva's problems is the quarterback and you creating a controversy is ignorant. The roster is still small which is the biggest disappointment, a 1st Team all EBC lineman decided not to play, and 295 lb sophomore lineman with a great upside decided not to play. We have 2 180 lb sophomore guards that were thrown into the fire. They are struggling on the line again. Also, i know for a fact that Commons does not want to play Quarterback, there is no controversy. Costea is the best option for this team. Commons needs to play defense and he need to fill multiple roles on offense. Yes we are a run first offense and must establish the run in order to pass and they really haven't done that yet. if we do then Costea will be better.

Worry about Alliance's 0-2 start. Although I am an Whiting fan and have a feeling there will roll the rest of the year.

So you really think he is an Alliance guy? Do you think an Alliance guy would really care that much about who is the QB for Minerva?

So you really think he is an Alliance guy? Do you think an Alliance guy would really care that much about who is the QB for Minerva?
good point and you are probably right. I don't know the current QB and the Sr he is talking about very well but well enough to know that neither kid wants a controversy, both are good kids are leaders of the team. The jr's dad is a very good teacher and coach and the sr's dad was involved in a lot of Minerva youth sports. All these morons do is put those kids and families in the middle of drama. it is ignorant. These are good kids that come from good families that are involved in the community and there is really no reason to discuss it.

A side note, I talked to Mr. Commons the other day and his son does not want to play quarterback, he is not a quarterback and never wanted to be and he just wants to play football and hopefully win some games! I am positive that Costea will be willing to do whatever it takes to win games. So everyone that keeps talking about it please STOP!!! these are teenagers not professionals.

He's just a soph and apparently has a weak supporting cast this year. Check back in 2021.
He was very good last year and was surrounded by athletes. i have a feeling that he will have a nice career at Salem. Aren't they a pretty young team this year?

good point and you are probably right. I don't know the current QB and the Sr he is talking about very well but well enough to know that neither kid wants a controversy, both are good kids are leaders of the team. The jr's dad is a very good teacher and coach and the sr's dad was involved in a lot of Minerva youth sports. All these morons do is put those kids and families in the middle of drama. it is ignorant. These are good kids that come from good families that are involved in the community and there is really no reason to discuss it.

A side note, I talked to Mr. Commons the other day and his son does not want to play quarterback, he is not a quarterback and never wanted to be and he just wants to play football and hopefully win some games! I am positive that Costea will be willing to do whatever it takes to win games. So everyone that keeps talking about it please STOP!!! these are teenagers not professionals.
The answers you have given are the same answers you have given for two years! The coaches are the morons, I am just speaking the truth as the numbers don’t lie. Commons was the QB but when kids are brain washed into another way of thinking that is hard to change. He was the QB and was very good. A change needs to happen! We suck and it’s not going away with the current plan. Didn’t we bench Croston and Kimble because they didn’t produce wins. Numbers don’t lie buddy. It’s funny how you don’t want anybody criticizing the Lions and that is the mentality with nepotism that has got us to present embarrassment. You fit the mold with current staff and admin. so enjoy losing in this crapping program because everyone is so caught up in who who and daddy’s boy. This stuff is why numbers are down and will get worse!

why would they not at least try him at qb or even someone else. the qb isn't playing very well. just found stats and he has minus total yardage after 2 games. I don't understand.
why would they not at least try him at qb or even someone else. the qb isn't playing very well. just found stats and he has minus total yardage after 2 games. I don't understand.
Coaches boy and Minerva way of doing things so he’s the QB like it or not, lol, and they can’t figure out why numbers are down. It’s a head scratcher but not surprising in this little crappy town. I say kick them out of the league because they don’t add an ounce of competition and are a liability to all programs in the EBC.

Coaches boy and Minerva way of doing things so he’s the QB like it or not, lol, and they can’t figure out why numbers are down. It’s a head scratcher but not surprising in this little crappy town. I say kick them out of the league because they don’t add an ounce of competition and are a liability to all programs in the EBC.

‘86, Minerva has had 5 different coaches since ‘11. It’s an all around failure on all levels and at some point we have to accept that this just isn’t a good team. There is some talent but the kids don’t play hard and give up when they’re down.

I agree with ‘88 that names of players should not be posted. So, you get on and call it a crappy town and trash players and coaches. How much of a Lion are you? Maybe instead of trashing the town and program do something to make it better.

The answers you have given are the same answers you have given for two years! The coaches are the morons, I am just speaking the truth as the numbers don’t lie. Commons was the QB but when kids are brain washed into another way of thinking that is hard to change. He was the QB and was very good. A change needs to happen! We suck and it’s not going away with the current plan. Didn’t we bench Croston and Kimble because they didn’t produce wins. Numbers don’t lie buddy. It’s funny how you don’t want anybody criticizing the Lions and that is the mentality with nepotism that has got us to present embarrassment. You fit the mold with current staff and admin. so enjoy losing in this crapping program because everyone is so caught up in who who and daddy’s boy. This stuff is why numbers are down and will get worse!

Please don’t hijack this thread again this year with your negativity and whining.

Takeaways from this week:

South has athletes all over the field

West Branch is executing on offense better than anyone

Carrollton has to develop a pass game to have a chance in the second half of their schedule

Salem's young roster is starting to improve

Alliance is the biggest head scratcher in the league

Marlington doesn't have Covid..... Hopefully

---Most interesting game of week 4---

Carrollton vs West Branch
Carrollton might be the team best equipped to slow down the passing attack of West Branch and their offense will do a lot to minimize the impact of the West Branch athletes on defense. This is a chance for WB to assert their dominance and become the clear front runner for the league title, Carrollton needs this one to keep their hopes alive. Gonna be a must watch stream

Takeaways from this week:

South has athletes all over the field

West Branch is executing on offense better than anyone

Carrollton has to develop a pass game to have a chance in the second half of their schedule

Salem's young roster is starting to improve

Alliance is the biggest head scratcher in the league

Marlington doesn't have Covid..... Hopefully

---Most interesting game of week 4---

Carrollton vs West Branch
Carrollton might be the team best equipped to slow down the passing attack of West Branch and their offense will do a lot to minimize the impact of the West Branch athletes on defense. This is a chance for WB to assert their dominance and become the clear front runner for the league title, Carrollton needs this one to keep their hopes alive. Gonna be a must watch stream

Really shocking that Alliance is 0-3 with everything they returned. Not taking anything away from the teams that beat them I just thought they would run away with the league. Overall the best year for the EBC. There is gonna be a lot of good games and there are several teams that could beat anyone on any given night.

Really shocking that Alliance is 0-3 with everything they returned. Not taking anything away from the teams that beat them I just thought they would run away with the league. Overall the best year for the EBC. There is gonna be a lot of good games and there are several teams that could beat anyone on any given night.

I wonder how much the Covid stuff hurt them, of all the teams in the league they seem klike the ones that would suffer the most when they were forced to lose contact with their kids basically the last quarter of the year

‘86, Minerva has had 5 different coaches since ‘11. It’s an all around failure on all levels and at some point we have to accept that this just isn’t a good team. There is some talent but the kids don’t play hard and give up when they’re down.

I agree with ‘88 that names of players should not be posted. So, you get on and call it a crappy town and trash players and coaches. How much of a Lion are you? Maybe instead of trashing the town and program do something to make it better.
I was not able to watch the game because the stream stopped working for me. I did listen to most of it and the 2nd half was ugly. Seems like once again the Lions are hindered by a small roster and get dominated on the line of scrimmage. The running backs have no room the run and the quarterback has no time to throw. I don’t care if Terry Bradshaw is our quarterback the result would have been the same.
I thought we were going to have a bigger roster and I was told that we had 33 or 34 kids on the sideline and we dress freshmen, just can’t seem to get the kids to come back out. It is very concerning because I think we have 15 or 16 seniors so the numbers don’t look promising next year either . Hopefully the Lions can get something going this year because there are some athletes on that team but it seems like they will be overmatched just about every game.

So I heard Carrolton lines up to kick the winning field goal against Salem with seconds left. The kick was good to win the game and then out comes a penalty flag. Omg. The re-kick failed. Well it was Sr night at Salem.

I got to stream and watch the Alliance- Wb game. Had a few questions maybe some one can answer first I did not see Howard in the game at all and Hartsoe seen him in couple of times on offense with them two on offense adding to Alexander and company I think they would stayed in the game also why is jones 10 yards plus off of McKeever they could of thrown all day to him, evidently WB didn’t see it. the others question I got is Hiller never saw him play defense Other than one play the whole game with 3 min left up by 21 they stick him in the rest of the game Evidently didn’t cross there mind of him getting hurt. I talked to a couple wb parents they said they have a good back up that can throw the ball.