Canfield Football

NeoFootballFan75

How is Canfield looking this year? Haven’t heard much but I saw they’re one of the best in d3 according to Joe Eitel. Maybe having another dominant year like those 2 back-to-back years? Thoughts..

Cards should win by 2tds, new philly isn’t close to what they were last year
No Phila fan here but you might be suprised,while they lost a great QB and receiver they have switched to a run heavy attack,they have a huge line with 2 backs that are big and fast. It would not surprise me if this team is better than last years. Go Dover!

No Phila fan here but you might be suprised,while they lost a great QB and receiver they have switched to a run heavy attack,they have a huge line with 2 backs that are big and fast. It would not surprise me if this team is better than last years. Go Dover!
That style this year helps Canfield, their run def is normally their strong suit. Hope it’s a good one

Dover, how good are you guys this year? You going to be OK against S.Fayette?
Really too early to tell,they played a good defensive game at Steubenville but the offense is sputtering and left the defense on the field all night. We will have our hands full with these guys,the QB is the real deal and threw for over 3,000 yards last year.

Really too early to tell,they played a good defensive game at Steubenville but the offense is sputtering and left the defense on the field all night. We will have our hands full with these guys,the QB is the real deal and threw for over 3,000 yards last year.
Thanks. I have family in SF and they won't let me forget coming to Ohio and winning. ;-)

Canfield matched up against another Tusky team in Dover. Gave canfield fits with passing game last year, over 400+ yards with the QB & WR1 returning. Good luck to both teams, Go Cards!

A fine year for Canfield. Tremendous season beating SVSM & Kenston for revenge. Sadly ran into a juggernaut team of Chardon. Maybe if they didn’t exist Canfield wins a ring, but one can only imagine. Next year they should be just as good, returning a couple d1 guys in Lowry & Smith. Multiple RB’s.LB’s,DB’s back. Next year will be sweeter than the rest after this year. Go Cards

A fine year for Canfield. Tremendous season beating SVSM & Kenston for revenge. Sadly ran into a juggernaut team of Chardon. Maybe if they didn’t exist Canfield wins a ring, but one can only imagine. Next year they should be just as good, returning a couple d1 guys in Lowry & Smith. Multiple RB’s.LB’s,DB’s back. Next year will be sweeter than the rest after this year. Go Cards
What does Canfield schedule look like next year?

What does Canfield schedule look like next year?
They have Dover, Phila, Howland, Boardman, Highland, ND-CL penciled in as of the moment.
Would not be surprised to see East and Chaney as well, not sure who the Leopards have so far but would imagine Canfield would want to play you guys if they have mutual availability.

They have Dover, Phila, Howland, Boardman, Highland, ND-CL penciled in as of the moment.
Would not be surprised to see East and Chaney as well, not sure who the Leopards have so far but would imagine Canfield would want to play you guys if they have mutual availability.
Poland Week 1.

I'd like to see Hubbard on Canfield's schedule in the future as well. I know they scrimmage every year right now.

I think the kids a stud and is going to fill Sammarone's shoes nicely
I agree. I watched the kid play 5 positions in 1 game. Rushed the edge, covered receivers, stopped the run. Kid can hit, hit, hit and hit. Really nice looking prospect. Lots of D1 schools looking at him from what i’ve heard

Louisville has 5 fed schools again, CCC, and had rumors of playing Big Red in 21. Would be nice if Louisville, Howland and Canfield can form a partnership. These 3 should play every year.

I was going off of Arbiter and another site as well. So it looks like East and Chaney are on the schedule as I anticipated would likely be the case.
This is what I have combining the two:
Week 1 8/19 Vs Poland
Week 2 8/27 Vs Dover
Week 3 9/3 At New Philadelphia
Week 4 9/10 Vs Buchtel
Week 5 9/17 Vs Chaney at Rayen
Week 6 9/24 Possibly Notre Dame-Cathedral Latin or Highland
Week 7 8/1 Vs Austintown-Fitch
Week 8 10/8 Vs East
Week 9 10/15 At Howland
Week 10 10/22 Vs Boardman

Last edited:
That’s a pretty decent schedule. If they can get a very good week six game would be an excellent schedule. Like the Dover and New Philly games, those are two good programs relatively close and Poland and Boardman games are going to be fun backyard rivalry games. If that is Medina Highland- pretty good program also.

That’s a pretty decent schedule. If they can get a very good week six game would be an excellent schedule. Like the Dover and New Philly games, those are two good programs relatively close and Poland and Boardman games are going to be fun backyard rivalry games. If that is Medina Highland- pretty good program also.
I believe that is Medina Highland. Assuming they signed a Home-Home contract that was to be finished this year but covid. Canfield played @ Highland and lost 33-30 on the last play of the game.

A few minor updates in the schedule as of this point:
Week 1 8/19 Vs Poland
Week 2 8/27 Vs Dover
Week 3 9/3 At New Philadelphia
Week 4 9/10 Vs Buchtel
Week 5 9/17 Vs Chaney at Rayen
Week 6 9/24 Possibly Notre Dame-Cathedral Latin or Highland
Week 7 8/1 Vs Austintown-Fitch
Week 8 10/8 Vs East
Week 9 10/15 At Howland
Week 10 10/22 Vs Boardman