2020 MVL Football

man all those studs and you lost to bellbrook for the better part of a decade ? Not even 1 win over a D3 program ? Not only 0-6 against them but out scored by an average of 4 touchdowns per contest. Some studs over there in Fairborn
So Yak is wrong that having college players make all the difference? Never would have guessed that.

Zero. None. Won the league and no kids played college football.

Keep serving up these whoppers and I will keep proving you wrong.

Who cares about winning a fake split league championship, the team was average. Which team in the last 10 years is this great example of success with no college players? All mediocre years. You need to accept the coaches are not taking amazingly talented teams and running them in the ground. Its been a decade plus of average.

1599741335397.png

Playing at Blufton doesnt mean anything. Getting college paid for does. Thanks for the info. No seniors for Fairborn are playing college football. Thats what I had to know. So that team didnt have a bunch of college players last year. Thank you. YakYak is wrong again.
Ha, you are a moron. Disrespecting the lower divisions of football shows you are a complete idiot. There are complete studs and people that go to the pros from DIII, NAIA DI and D2 etc etc. I wish Butler had Bluffton level players.

Community, please understand the trouble Vandalia is in with people like ButlerParent making comments above. People like that is what is killing our football team not the coaches or players. They have no clue about football, think they do, and shout moronic comments like above.

Ha, you are a moron. Disrespecting the lower divisions of football shows you are a complete idiot. There are complete studs and people that go to the pros from DIII, NAIA DI and D2 etc etc. I wish Butler had Bluffton level players.

Community, please understand the trouble Vandalia is in with people like ButlerParent making comments above. People like that is what is killing our football team not the coaches or players. They have no clue about football, think they do, and shout moronic comments like above.

I have to agree with you on the bit about the lower divisions of college football.

Sure, there may be a few guys on DIII rosters that are just numbers so the program can hit their quota for enrollment at the college, but if a guy is getting playing time at a DIII school, they were likely a very solid high school player.

Heck, just look here in Ohio to see that DIII guys can get to the NFL. Mount Union has had a number of them, including Pierre Garcon and Cecil Shorts. Heidelberg had Donteea Dye and Mike Preston. Sure, Bluffton isn't on the same level as Mount Union and Heidelberg year in, year out, but they have some talent as well and had a guy like Ryan Aelker get an invite to the Browns rookie camp in 2015.

I have to agree with you on the bit about the lower divisions of college football.

Sure, there may be a few guys on DIII rosters that are just numbers so the program can hit their quota for enrollment at the college, but if a guy is getting playing time at a DIII school, they were likely a very solid high school player.

Heck, just look here in Ohio to see that DIII guys can get to the NFL. Mount Union has had a number of them, including Pierre Garcon and Cecil Shorts. Heidelberg had Donteea Dye and Mike Preston. Sure, Bluffton isn't on the same level as Mount Union and Heidelberg year in, year out, but they have some talent as well and had a guy like Ryan Aelker get an invite to the Browns rookie camp in 2015.
Yep, Tony Morris from Fairborn & Heidelberg also got an invite to the Browns camp last year & made a little noise.

Playing at Blufton doesnt mean anything. Getting college paid for does. Thanks for the info. No seniors for Fairborn are playing college football. Thats what I had to know. So that team didnt have a bunch of college players last year. Thank you. YakYak is wrong again.

Fairborn has plenty playing in college but doesn't have anyone playing for Blufton. Your Butler Offensive Coordinator Tyler Wright who reads this thread not only was Blufton's starting QB but also coached there last year as their Offensive Coordinator. He would probably differ with you. Football players that play in colleges that are non-scholarship normally get a pretty good deal through a combination of academic and other aide. There is competition between colleges for the better players. Dayton which is D1-FCS is in a non-scholarship league along with Butler, Drake, & other PFL teams. Fairborn's Easterling pays a little over $8000 a year, which is mostly housing, to get a $65,000 a year bachelors degree. Adam Trautman of UD was drafted in the 3rd round last year by the New Orleans Saints. Easterling is touted as one of the top NFL prospects from the FCS in next years draft, but may delay to 2022 to finish out his college football due to the pandemic.

Last edited:
Fairborn has plenty playing in college but doesn't have anyone playing for Blufton. Your Butler Offensive Coordinator Tyler Wright who reads this thread not only was Blufton's starting QB but also coached there last year as their Offensive Coordinator. He would probably differ with you. Football players that play in colleges that are non-scholarship normally get a pretty good deal through a combination of academic and other aide. There is competition between colleges for the better players. Dayton which is D1-FCS is in a non-scholarship league along with Butler, Drake, & other PFL teams. Fairborn's Easterling pays a little over $8000 a year, which is mostly housing, to get a $65,000 a year undergrad degree. Adam Trautman of UD was drafted in the 3rd round last year by the New Orleans Saints. Easterling is touted as one of the top NFL prospects from the FCS in next years draft, but may delay to 2022 to finish out his college football due to the pandemic.
What is going on with the new Dayton -> NFL Pipeline. The TE and now this dude. I need to get to some games.

I am loving this. I proved you wrong and you are now crying about it. Tough guy here calling people names on Yappi.

Those colleges are great and there players are good. Never said they werent. Yak basically said Butler couldnt beat Fairborn because Fairborn has college players on their team. Thats an excuse. I proved that. Butler won with no college players. They beat teams with college players. Fairborn was 3-7 last year with Yaks college players. Its just a lie and excuse.

Last edited:
I am loving this. I proved you wrong and you are now crying about it. Tough guy here calling people names on Yappi.

Those colleges are great and there players are good. Never said they werent. Yak basically said Butler couldnt beat Fairborn because Fairborn has college players on their team. Thats an excuse. I proved that. Butler won with no college players. They beat teams with college players. Fairborn was 3-7 last year with Yaks college players. Its just a lie and excuse.
All Yak Yak is saying is that coaches have to have the Jimmy's & the Joe's. Having the Jimmy's and Joe's without good coaching doesn't lead to winning seasons and vice versa, having good coaching but without the Jimmy's and Joe's does not lead to winning seasons. You need both. I'll add one. You have to have the support of your administration in hiring coaches that teach at the high school. Not to say that all of the coaches on a staff have to be teachers at the high school but you need a decent amount of your coaches in the halls of the school. It helps immensely in rounding up athletes to play football as well as the weight lifting, and the many administrative duties involved with football. It also helps in the player/coach relationship. Until just recently, Fairborn did not have that. They do now.

Last edited:
All Yak Yak is saying is that coaches have to have the Jimmy's & the Joe's. Having the Jimmy's and Joe's without good coaching doesn't lead to winning seasons and vice versa, having good coaching but without the Jimmy's and Joe's does not lead to winning seasons. You need both. I'll add one. You have to have the support of your administration in hiring coaches that teach at the high school. Not to say that all of the coaches on a staff have to be teachers at the high school but you need a decent amount of your coaches in the halls of the school. It helps immensely in rounding up athletes to play football as well as the weight lifting, and the many administrative duties involved with football. It also helps in the player/coach relationship. Until just recently, Fairborn did not have that. They do now.
I agree. We arent beating Troy or Piqua. They have better kids. Last year Butler lost to Stebbins and Fairborn. Those two didnt have better kids. Butler dont have the kids to win the MVl. They do have the kids to beat Fairborn and Stebbins. We have the kids to beat Greenville and West Carolton this year so lets see.

I agree. We arent beating Troy or Piqua. They have better kids. Last year Butler lost to Stebbins and Fairborn. Those two didnt have better kids. Butler dont have the kids to win the MVl. They do have the kids to beat Fairborn and Stebbins. We have the kids to beat Greenville and West Carolton this year so lets see.

I have to disagree with you. There is no way Butler should have been able to beat Fairborn last year. Fairborn was young but much better than their record indicated at 3-7. They lost 3 games by a total of 12 points including a last second 7-9 loss to an 8-2 Troy. Additionally it took a record 9 lost fumbles to give away a game to WC. Their defense led by a 1st Team All State LBer finished second only to league champ Xenia in Overall Defense & held Butler to only 52 total yards on 37 plays. Butler was beat up entering the Fairborn game but not enough to cause a 0-39 loss. Fairborn had better players & they are back this year. I think Butler is better this year than last. Take away two returns for Td's and their Tipp loss would only be 13-16. They also have nearly twice the number of players on their roster this season than they had on the sidelines last year at Fairborn, so it does not appear that 6:00 am practices have affected their roster strength.

Last edited:
Take away two returns for Td's and their Tipp loss would only be 13-16.
That was a sloppy game all around. If we take away 2 of Tipp's biggest mistakes, like you are doing for Butler, the score may be back to a 2+ score win for Tipp.

If Tipp had played a clean game, and Butler was the only team with some big mistakes, then I'd get that argument. But it doesn't hold up as well when Tipp also turned the ball over 5 times.

That was a sloppy game all around. If we take away 2 of Tipp's biggest mistakes, like you are doing for Butler, the score may be back to a 2+ score win for Tipp.

If Tipp had played a clean game, and Butler was the only team with some big mistakes, then I'd get that argument. But it doesn't hold up as well when Tipp also turned the ball over 5 times.

I looked at that. Butlers 5 Interceptions thrown canceled out Tipps 5 turnovers. Now take away the 2 returns for Tds and you have a 13-16 game. That's of course imperfect as there is no perfect way of looking back at a game, but it's as close as I can figure.

I looked at that. Butlers 5 Interceptions thrown canceled out Tipps 5 turnovers. Now take away the 2 returns for Tds and you have a 13-16 game. That's of course imperfect as there is no perfect way of looking back at a game, but it's as close as I can figure.
One of Butler's 5 turnovers was one of the return TDs, so I don't think counting/removing that play twice is fair. That would leave only the kick return TD as an outlier, making the score 23-13.

And still, did Butler score off of any Tipp turnover on the ensuing possession? I'm sure you can see how this is too messy of a game to single out just a couple mistakes. It was just as close to being a 3 point game as it was to being more lopsided.

One of Butler's 5 turnovers was one of the return TDs, so I don't think counting/removing that play twice is fair. That would leave only the kick return TD as an outlier, making the score 23-13.

And still, did Butler score off of any Tipp turnover on the ensuing possession? I'm sure you can see how this is too messy of a game to single out just a couple mistakes. It was just as close to being a 3 point game as it was to being more lopsided.

Which is pretty much my point. Like I said there is no way you can replay a game on paper & know what would change. I just figure if Butler had made the tackles on those two returns then you probably had a pretty close game considering both teams had 5 turnovers. Butler actually had more offense 236 to 208, more possession time, and only allowed Tipp 2 offensive scores which is what Tipp allowed Butler. Just trying to gauge Butler's strength as we play them & Tipp down the road hopefully. No big deal. I don't think Butler is as bad as some are saying, that is all.

Last edited:
Which is pretty much my point. Like I said there is no way you can replay a game on paper & know what would change. I just figure if Butler had made the tackles on those two returns then you probably had a pretty close game considering both teams had 5 turnovers. Butler actually had more offense 236 to 208, more possession time, and only allowed Tipp 2 offensive scores which is what Tipp allowed Butler. Just trying to gauge Butler's strength as we play them & Tipp down the road hopefully. No big deal. I don't think Butler is as bad as some are saying, that is all.
Biggest issue I see with Butler right now is the passing game. It is their biggest threat to opponents, but also a big liability so far. Too many INTs by the QB, but the receivers all seem pretty solid. If they clean up the passing game I think they could be competitive with pretty much anyone in the conference.

Biggest issue I see with Butler right now is the passing game. It is their biggest threat to opponents, but also a big liability so far. Too many INTs by the QB, but the receivers all seem pretty solid. If they clean up the passing game I think they could be competitive with pretty much anyone in the conference.

I agree completely with that assessment. Do away with the Int's and they could be dangerous. It's hard to win without a running game though and their run game looks pretty weak right now. I see they played two Junior QBs against Piqua instead of just the one they played against Tipp. Both appear to be pretty equal in the passing game statistically but the newer one runs the ball also. May be an attempt to give the running game some help. Actually the second one that ran the ball some was their starting QB last year as a Sophomore. It appears he did not play in the opening game against Tipp. He has only thrown one Int and completed 71% of his passes 10/14 against Piqua. So now the question is, was he injured and got re-injured against Piqua or did they just play both QBs in the game? Have to look at the film.

Last edited:
Here is the reworked Fairborn schedule. Looks like Sidney is out and Edgewood & Greenville are in along with the Tipp rescheduled game depending upon playoffs. Of course this could all change depending upon Covid19 and probably will.

Attachments

• FHS REWORKED.JPG
    FHS REWORKED.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 22
your lucky one of the 6 games was 12-6 because of memory serves Me correctly majority of those games were really really ugly like 30 and 40 point losses. Last time we played Tipp we took care of that too, And none of y’all are playing with Trotwood so you can go on with that somewhere else. But all in all I like and respect your response have a great day sir
Tipp and Bellbrook split a home and home series, don’t get to carried away with yourself.

Tipp and Bellbrook split a home and home series, don’t get to carried away with yourself.
Tipp much better program theb Fairborn ever thought about being as is bellbrook.
no shots taken over here, was just proving a point, bellbrook will play with those teams.
bellbrook has never shied away from competitionwith their Out or conference schedule .
much respect tipp hope all is well

Ah yes, tell me more about how Bellbrook played two of the worst Tipp teams in the past 2 decades and still only split the series:
  • 2017: Tippecanoe (4-6) 21 - Bellbrook (7-3) 14
  • 2018: Bellbrook (10-1) 17 - Tippecanoe (5-5) 9

dont know why you guys wanted to end the series ? Was just starting to heat up
Because you saw the storm a brewing