Central Buckeye Conference 2020

I wouldn’t call it a new staff. Lots of faces from the past are back. Gail Clark, Vigansky, Henry Stolly. I saw Richard Bethel on the sidelines also. Brown is making the right moves.
Chiefs are young but played hard. QB looked fantastic on the ground and in the air. I like this team and will only get better.
You are correct some old faces but still new coaches to the current kids playing.

You are correct some old faces but still new coaches to the current kids playing.

I think the Chiefs can win 3 or 4 of the 6 games. Still not sure about the boys in the trenches. Will be overmatched vs good teams on schedule. The skill players looked good. The Freshman Fogan had a pretty impressive first game. He’s gonna have a great career.
Defense played stout after almost giving up a TD on the first drive.
They found another kicker from the Soccer team. He had a few touchbacks. Maybe all of them.
Hoping they can get all the games in. Everyone gets into the playoffs this year. That will be interesting.

I think the Chiefs can win 3 or 4 of the 6 games. Still not sure about the boys in the trenches. Will be overmatched vs good teams on schedule. The skill players looked good. The Freshman Fogan had a pretty impressive first game. He’s gonna have a great career.
Defense played stout after almost giving up a TD on the first drive.
They found another kicker from the Soccer team. He had a few touchbacks. Maybe all of them.
Hoping they can get all the games in. Everyone gets into the playoffs this year. That will be interesting.
With KR and Shawnee losing so much from last season I would agree the Chiefs can win 4 definitely and possibly 5 with London’s QB out. With Jonathan Alder at home they might pull the upset and take all 6.

With KR and Shawnee losing so much from last season I would agree the Chiefs can win 4 definitely and possibly 5 with London’s QB out. With Jonathan Alder at home they might pull the upset and take all 6.
That game will be worth the drive.

Doubt the Chiefs are ready for London or Alder. Those two are cream of the crop in CBC. Shawnee and Bellefontaine duking it out for 3/4. KR and Tecumseh not so much.

Doubt the Chiefs are ready for London or Alder. Those two are cream of the crop in CBC. Shawnee and Bellefontaine duking it out for 3/4. KR and Tecumseh not so much.
Hard not to compare games but London struggled with Ben Logan which could have been due to losing their QB who is out for the season one would assume. Chiefs probably have a good chance to win that game.

Ben Logan is better than people think. Big Sr class. It’s hard for me to forget the beating that London put on the Chiefs last year. Hope I’m wrong.

Week 2 CBC Power Rankings

1. Alder
2. London
3. North Union

4. Bellefontaine
5. Shawnee
6. Ben Logan

7. Graham
8. Indian Lake
9. Tecumseh

10. Kenton Ridge
11. Northwestern
12. Urbana

I think each Group of three teams is close to the other two.

Week 2

Graham @ Ben Logan
North Union @ Indian Lake
Kenton Ridge @ Jonathan Alder
Tecumseh @ London
Urbana @ Northwestern
Bellefontaine @ Shawnee

Shawnee/Bell game should be closely contested. Also interested to see if Tecumseh has improved from last year.

Graham @ Ben Logan, I'll take Ben Logan. Their defense is tough and they pull out a Victory!
North Union @ Indian Lake, I'll take North Union by a lot.
KR @ JA, JA See above.
Urbana @ NW, Ill take Urbana in OT!
Bell @ Shawnee, could be another close game here. I'll take the Braves in OT!

Week 2

I agree with BlackAttack

Graham @ Ben Logan
Tecumseh @ London
Urbana @ Northwestern
Bellefontaine @ Shawnee

Graham @ Ben Logan
Tecumseh @ London
Urbana @ Northwestern
Bellefontaine
@ Shawnee

Way off on Shawnee. Shows what a great coaching staff can do with a tough group of kids. Should be interesting how the season plays out.

As a spectator, I may have seen the most poorly, and boring, played game in my life with IL and NU.

Please don't tell me that NU is supposed to be one of the top few in this league.

As a spectator, I may have seen the most poorly, and boring, played game in my life with IL and NU.

Please don't tell me that NU is supposed to be one of the top few in this league.
I agree. I have been completely underwhelmed by NU’s offense. Would not be surprised to see Graham beat them next week.

I agree. I have been completely underwhelmed by NU’s offense. Would not be surprised to see Graham beat them next week.
Their QB seems to have nice arm, but missed some scoring opps on poor passes and #1 seems like sort of a player. Who knows, maybe they'll put it together.

Sounds like quite a few teams didn’t play as well this week. But hey they’re all playoff bound and 4 more games to get prepare themselves.

Time will tell and who has the better coaching staffs. With a number of teams playing so many young players and inexperienced players.

I don’t think anyone is in top form. In reality last night would have been game one in normal times and you know how week one usually goes. A lot of teams in this league lost some good, experienced players as well. This isn’t going to be a normal playoff season either. Losing four weeks of playing time is a big deal.

The inconsistent bug hit the Chiefs again. Just way too many self inflicted errors. Defense played fantastic but can’t score if you always beat yourself.

I agree with a previous post. Sloppy play has been a theme in these games. Youth + COVID is a recipe for mistakes.

I would expect the entire league to sharpen up as the season moves forward. The CBC graduated a strong group of Seniors last season. If you are close to London Football or just follow the CBC closely, you know London has played many games over the past 3-4 seasons without their "starting QB". London will not use the QB injury as an excuse. He is a great athlete and he is still leading from the sideline. I'm confident London will be in Playoff form by Week 7.