The official EBC Football Thread

Dude I’ve bit my tongue on a lot of crap you’ve slung, I was at both Friday and Saturday games Alliance v Marlington, kids didn’t quit, and no fingers where pointed, enough of your bs . I’m not real hard to figure out who I am so you got something else to say about Our Alliance kids come find me! Troll
I agree, I find it hard to believe that a Whiting coached team has kids the quit and point fingers. All he has done at Alliance is won league championships, which didn't happen before he got there. As an outsider looking at his teams, his strength is that they play together. But my lord, the result was a shocker!!

I think Carrollton is a very good football team and I am very curious to see how Carrollton does against Marlington. Minerva certainly struggled on offense and I think, largely due to Carrollton's defense. Minerva's defense probably looked better that it has in years. That game was very hard to get a feel for how good or bad either team is, however, in my opinion I really think Carrollton is a pretty good football team and can play with anyone in the league. I also think if Minerva can clean some things up on offense they will be competitive.

The big question is can Carrollton defend the pass? Minerva really doesn't have a passing game so all they did was load the box. If they can defend the pass the Warriors will have a great year.

As far as Minerva, can they find somewhat of a passing game to at least soften the defense up a little bit, they have the backs to be successful.
good assessment. Is there any hope of a passing game for Minerva? I know the defense played better but how will they be able to slow down Hillyer and WB's passing game? Minerva will probably have to score 28 points just to be in the game, can the Lions do that after getting dominated by Carrolton's defense? It's almost the same exact kids playing offense the scored 30 on them last year, can they do that again? Lots of questions to be answered...

Week 2 League games who do you got?

Carrollton at Marlington
Salem at Canton South
West Branch at Minerva

I have Carrollton winning a close game. But I am partial.
Salem will win against Canton South. Although I hear South could make some noise.
West Branch should get another W.

Carrollton in a very low scoring game.
South by 2 TDs
WB by 2 to 3 TDs

I’m not sure if they have any players your head coach would be willing to offer or not . I’m sure the booster club will have a few scouts at the game.
Come on now, you know Massillon doesn't care about freshmen players, they wait until they are upperclassmen to have them transfer.

I think Carrollton is a very good football team and I am very curious to see how Carrollton does against Marlington. Minerva certainly struggled on offense and I think, largely due to Carrollton's defense. Minerva's defense probably looked better that it has in years. That game was very hard to get a feel for how good or bad either team is, however, in my opinion I really think Carrollton is a pretty good football team and can play with anyone in the league. I also think if Minerva can clean some things up on offense they will be competitive.

Minerva was beaten by Carrollton 28-7 last year. This year the Lions were blanked 28-0 despite returning 10 starters on both sides of the ball. Did Carrollton have an infusion of talent between this year and last? Did Minerva not make any progress this offseason? Because it seems like Carrollton clearly has in one way or another. But I’ll add that this opener was unlike any I can recall with the rain and all the unknowns. The question is whether Minerva can throw the ball. If not, they are in trouble.

So here we are going into the WB game; a team Minerva beat last year. This is a home opener and how the Lions do this week will tell us a lot.

Last edited:
in trouble I say. I'm not into blaming kids or coaches. I'm from alliance. I remember watching this senior class as freshman against alliance freshman. Minerva starting qb got hurt and the 2nd team qb came in played 2nd half. the kid had 3 tds passing and 1 rushing his stats were around 140 passing and 90 yards rushing in one half of football. don't remember his name but as we were leaving alliance fans talking about watching this kid the next 3 years but I haven't seen him since. does anyone remember him his name did he transfer? anyway just wondering what happened to this qb

Minerva was beaten by Carrollton 28-7 last year. This year the Lions were blanked 28-0 despite returning 10 starters on both sides of the ball. Did Carrollton have an infusion of talent between this year and last? Did Minerva not make any progress this offseason? Because it seems like Carrollton clearly has in one way or another. But I’ll add that this opener was unlike any I can recall with the rain and all the unknowns. The question is whether Minerva can throw the ball. If not, they are in trouble.

So here we are going into the WB game; a team Minerva beat last year. This is a home opener and how the Lions do this week will tell us a lot.
I’m a Carrollton fan, my son plays for them. We as fans been looking forward to the possibility of having some strong teams. I truly feel with the talent there is the Warriors will be strong if they continue to buy in to the system! Great kids, and great coaches! But both have to work together! It’s happening! Minerva I thought this game would of been closer, So if the Lions work some stuff out they could win some games! Good Luck!

I’m a Carrollton fan, my son plays for them. We as fans been looking forward to the possibility of having some strong teams. I truly feel with the talent there is the Warriors will be strong if they continue to buy in to the system! Great kids, and great coaches! But both have to work together! It’s happening! Minerva I thought this game would of been closer, So if the Lions work some stuff out they could win some games! Good Luck!
Good luck the rest of the season!!

in trouble I say. I'm not into blaming kids or coaches. I'm from alliance. I remember watching this senior class as freshman against alliance freshman. Minerva starting qb got hurt and the 2nd team qb came in played 2nd half. the kid had 3 tds passing and 1 rushing his stats were around 140 passing and 90 yards rushing in one half of football. don't remember his name but as we were leaving alliance fans talking about watching this kid the next 3 years but I haven't seen him since. does anyone remember him his name did he transfer? anyway just wondering what happened to this qb

I think I know who you are referring to and he is still on the team, however, that is not the issue and i don't want to stoke the fire and create a QB controversy here in Minerva. We have a QB and I think he can be good if he get's time and we can establish a running game.. the real issue is that Minerva has a lot of kids walking the halls the just stopped playing. I heard that our 240 lb 1st team all conference lineman from last year quit and he is very good on both sides of the ball. We have a 290 lb sophomore that would probably be a very good lineman and quit. A pretty good wideout from last year quit. I heard several others that would have really helped didn't come out, especially in the Junior class. So what I thought would be a bigger roster is once again pretty lean. i heard we had to cancel the JV game again.

With that being said i believe that this team can be competitive and can win some games. We are only in week 2, we had some key 2 way starters out for the game and a couple of others got hurt early in the game. Hopefully the Lions can stay healthy and keep getting better. There are good football players on this team. the concern is the future with around 15 seniors on this team.

I think I know who you are referring to and he is still on the team, however, that is not the issue and i don't want to stoke the fire and create a QB controversy here in Minerva. We have a QB and I think he can be good if he get's time and we can establish a running game.. the real issue is that Minerva has a lot of kids walking the halls the just stopped playing. I heard that our 240 lb 1st team all conference lineman from last year quit and he is very good on both sides of the ball. We have a 290 lb sophomore that would probably be a very good lineman and quit. A pretty good wideout from last year quit. I heard several others that would have really helped didn't come out, especially in the Junior class. So what I thought would be a bigger roster is once again pretty lean. i heard we had to cancel the JV game again.

With that being said i believe that this team can be competitive and can win some games. We are only in week 2, we had some key 2 way starters out for the game and a couple of others got hurt early in the game. Hopefully the Lions can stay healthy and keep getting better. There are good football players on this team. the concern is the future with around 15 seniors on this team.
ok good im actually rooting for Minerva and this senior class to win some games this year. with this live streaming I get to catch the games on YouTube. anyway good luck to the lions. Hopefully the qb can lite it up against wb. only thing I would suggest is roll the kid out and throw quick stuff the line is questionable at times. but you have to be able to throw to open up the run game. the defense is pretty darn good. just on the field way to much. oh yeh who is the backup qb.

ok good im actually rooting for Minerva and this senior class to win some games this year. with this live streaming I get to catch the games on YouTube. anyway good luck to the lions. Hopefully the qb can lite it up against wb. only thing I would suggest is roll the kid out and throw quick stuff the line is questionable at times. but you have to be able to throw to open up the run game. the defense is pretty darn good. just on the field way to much. oh yeh who is the backup qb.
aviator, the only other kids on the roster listed Friday Night Ohio is a QB is a Senior that wears #53 and a 125 lb freshman. I am sure there is a plan if something happens to our starter but he is the guy. Everyone struggled offensively in week 1, the weather and starters being out had something to do with it but I think Carrollton's defense was the biggest factor. They have a good defense! Let's see what happens tonight.

It hurts having to miss this game! I will be able to hear the band from the house, see the light and can't get in. Ouch!!!! At least it's streaming and the boys get to play.

yeh I know I have nephew thats plays for alliance. can't go. I've been in football for 50 years player coach and college coach and recruiting. and this really hurts..so is 53 the player i saw as a freshman against alliance. whats his name. what position is he play? 53 mostly linebacker? reason I'm asking all these questions is that I'm still in recruiting and would like to watch this kid and if I like what I see contact him. but really need his name. I was really impressed that day of his skills as a QB. arm speed and scrambling running ability. he made 3 throws that really impress me..he look about 5'11 back then anyway if I can get more information on him that would be appreciated

WB 49
Minerva 13.
Lions have a lot of talent on the Team. Sounded like WB struggled in the first few possessions with the cut to there Qb’s throwing hand.

The QB is the issue, I said he is not a QB 2 years ago. It has had devastating effects on the program. This is why kids are not playing. So maybe after next year we can start to repair the damage and get back on track which would require all new staff and HC. Until then all you can do is laugh because we have some ignorant people running our football program. You can tell our athletic director is from Minerva, good ol’ boy club member. We need internally evaluated!

You happen to see what College coaches were in the WB stands ? Heard Dayton was supposed to be there .
I couldn’t go to the game, couldn’t get a voucher, so I had to watch it on live stream so I don’t know who was there. WB will be a handful for any team in the EBC with Hillyer at the helm. Pretty good receivers too. Great game plan, lots of quick throws to avoid pressure, ran the ball when needed. Nice job by the Warriors.

The QB is the issue, I said he is not a QB 2 years ago. It has had devastating effects on the program. This is why kids are not playing. So maybe after next year we can start to repair the damage and get back on track which would require all new staff and HC. Until then all you can do is laugh because we have some ignorant people running our football program. You can tell our athletic director is from Minerva, good ol’ boy club member. We need internally evaluated!
I'm still wonderin who the kid i watched 4 years ago as a freshman against alliancehe was a backup qb. hes a senior now. its was the 2nd half and the starter got hurt.he came in and threw 3 tds 130 yes passing and 90 yards rushing another td. I'm a recruiting scout for college. I've been in coaching for 40 years now just recruiting scouting now though. anyway I dont remember the kids name and am searching for info on this kid. I thought he might have transferred out. but was told by NBC 1988 that he still plays for Minerva but he wouldn't give me his name. I'm in recruiting stage right now and would like to talk to this kid. can anyone remember him and give me information on him. sorry about the this post I'm doing it from my phone plus I'm old and lol. and

I'm still wonderin who the kid i watched 4 years ago as a freshman against alliancehe was a backup qb. hes a senior now. its was the 2nd half and the starter got hurt.he came in and threw 3 tds 130 yes passing and 90 yards rushing another td. I'm a recruiting scout for college. I've been in coaching for 40 years now just recruiting scouting now though. anyway I dont remember the kids name and am searching for info on this kid. I thought he might have transferred out. but was told by NBC 1988 that he still plays for Minerva but he wouldn't give me his name. I'm in recruiting stage right now and would like to talk to this kid. can anyone remember him and give me information on him. sorry about the this post I'm doing it from my phone plus I'm old and lol. and
its was a freshman game at Minerva i was there watching. he was very impressive as qb.i thought he would be a starter and I wouldn't have a problem scouting him. can u please give me info. if u remember that game. he came in as a backup. so u might not know him

I'm not in this for a controversy. just want info on him for recruiting. I've seen players get beat out before and recruited backups

its was a freshman game at Minerva i was there watching. he was very impressive as qb.i thought he would be a starter and I wouldn't have a problem scouting him. can u please give me info. if u remember that game. he came in as a backup. so u might not know him
My best guess would it of been Jimmy Common???? Kid is a athlete and currently under utilized as a tailback.

I would say it’s Jimmy Common he is the back up now plays both sides. Common is a very good athlete I did watch him back then he could light it up in the sky. they have him at defensive end but his original spot is outside linebacker. And he’s tailback as well. If they would of kept him as quarterback I believe minerva would be a different team.