1/4 way through

Empty CUP

After yesterdays games most teams are a quarter way through their regular season 4 or 5 games. Who's standing out to you?

Looks like MND (beat MM last night and Ursula Monday), Loveland, Centerville and West are the best big school teams around. MND has certainly put the exclamation point on the GGCL, and West has Jones and KD so....

CCD, Alter (Beat Badin last night), Waynesville and Madeira or Oakwood are the small schools.

Thoughts?

LW and MND are the tops now, but Seton battled MND in the 1-0 loss. Don't count them out. MND and Seton both have incredible young talent. Could be a bunch of fun battles for years!

After yesterdays games most teams are a quarter way through their regular season 4 or 5 games. Who's standing out to you?

Looks like MND (beat MM last night and Ursula Monday), Loveland, Centerville and West are the best big school teams around. MND has certainly put the exclamation point on the GGCL, and West has Jones and KD so....

CCD, Alter (Beat Badin last night), Waynesville and Madeira or Oakwood are the small schools.

Thoughts?
Looking forward to Waynesville at Monroe Tuesday.

Looking forward to Waynesville at Monroe Tuesday.

Me too. Contrary to the OP I think Monroe is more of a threat to the DII ranks locally than Oakwood. Monroe is super talented and still kinda young, and so is Waynesville. I'm looking forward to the conference realignment and seeing them play each other more often next year.

Oakwood is undefeated and Monroe isn't.

On to players a quarter way through.

Each of the 9 conference top scorers. where do they play club, some I know. Awesome to see so many freshman leading their conference and one leading all scorers

SWBL - 11 Goals Erbach Fr. OE ECNL
GMC - 7 goals Dudukovich Sr. OE ECNL
CHL - 6 Goals Cochran So. OE ECNL
GCL-coed - 6 goals Sheppard Sr. ?
GWOC - 6 Goals Erling Jr. ?
GGCL - 6 goals Postel Sr. TFA Elite
MVC - 5 goals Emhollah Fr. ?
SWOC - 5 Goals Hooman Fr. ?
ECC - 5 Goals Mcintire Jr. ?

Pretty impressive 3 Freshman leading conference scoring, including the top scorer. and many more in the top 5. Thought with many of the older GA girls playing HS this year we would see more impact.

Me too. Contrary to the OP I think Monroe is more of a threat to the DII ranks locally than Oakwood. Monroe is super talented and still kinda young, and so is Waynesville. I'm looking forward to the conference realignment and seeing them play each other more often next year.
I agree about them being more of a threat than Oakwood, but they play 6 senior starters so the experience is definitely there. A couple nice young players mixed in including 2 freshman starters (forward and keeper). P

Last edited:

Each of the 9 conference top scorers. where do they play club, some I know. Awesome to see so many freshman leading their conference and one leading all scorers

Pretty impressive 3 Freshman leading conference scoring, including the top scorer. and many more in the top 5. Thought with many of the older GA girls playing HS this year we would see more impact.
Not that it matters but Monroe beat Eaton 10-0 and Brookville 6-1 and Oakwood beat them 3-1 and 5-0?‍♂️. I can say Monroe was up 6-0 at half on Brookville and let the seniors who don’t get much run get some time in the second half. Take it for what it’s worth.

Each of the 9 conference top scorers. where do they play club, some I know.
I talk more about GWOC because I generally watch Boro, Cvill, and Creek. In the last 4 years you had many OE players especially on Boro and Creek when they had their respective great years, I don’t believe there’s any one playing ECNL on any of these teams at least at the attacking position (please correct me here if someone knows). Creek has a defender that plays OP ECNL and she is probably the fastest girl on that team.

Not that it matters but Monroe beat Eaton 10-0 and Brookville 6-1 and Oakwood beat them 3-1 and 5-0?‍♂️. I can say Monroe was up 6-0 at half on Brookville and let the seniors who don’t get much run get some time in the second half. Take it for what it’s worth.
Also, keep these scores in mind when talking about scorers. Many pad their stats in these type blow out games.

State Rankings came out for Miami Valley. Looks a lot like my list.

D1 1. Centerville / 2. Beavercreek / 3. Fairmont
D2 1. Alter / 2. Tipp / 3. Monroe
D3 1. Waynesville / 2. Lehman Catholic / 3. Anna

Cincy enquirer rankings for Cincy

D1 1. West / 2. MND / 3. Loveland
D2 1. Badin / 2. Summit / 3. Indian Hill
D3 1. CCD / 2. Mariemont / 3. Madiera

I should start charging these people for my insight.

Also, keep these scores in mind when talking about scorers. Many pad their stats in these type blow out games.
I’m not talking about scorers, but I get your point. Like I said, it doesn’t matter in the end because the games will be played but simply looking at overall record doesn’t account for the quality of opponent played nor relative score versus common opponents.

McIntire is OE ECNL RL

I talk more about GWOC because I generally watch Boro, Cvill, and Creek. In the last 4 years you had many OE players especially on Boro and Creek when they had their respective great years, I don’t believe there’s any one playing ECNL on any of these teams at least at the attacking position (please correct me here if someone knows). Creek has a defender that plays OP ECNL and she is probably the fastest girl on that team.
Boro - I know they have a freshman and a sophomore that play OE ECNL (CMs). Other starters I believe are split between Galaxies, CUP, and CUSA for the most part.
Creek - They are Galaxies heavy as expected.
Centerville - They have 1 OE ECNL attacking player. Beyond that split between Galaxies and CUP, and randomly the 2 freshman that have started are CUSA girls I believe.

KD got her scholarship offers, US soccer recognition when she was in the 8th grade. So did the other 2 US recognized players (one graduated early) that played for West last year. They did not play for OE when they were in 8th grade.