GWOC Goes to League-Only Format

I don't know how many games we ran on the radio but that streak may be ending too due to lack of announcers willing to volunteer their time. If it does get on the air there may be some road games missed due to restrictions on press space. All we can do is play it by ear.

I'm curious how the GWOC intends to shrink the schedule to fit in the OHSAA proposed 6 game regular season.
I am guessing the GWOC would just drop the 7th week of games, which would stink since that is Centerville vs. Wayne week!

So basically vamp is only going to support when things are great

Vamps has been on the other site and Yappi as long as I have, probably longer. He's about as big of a die hard high school football and Wayne fan as there is. I can't speak for him, but I believe there's just frustration in the entire process of this season more than anything.

Updated 6 game schedule for 2020 GWOC

Beavercreek
Aug 28 @ Miamisburg
Sep 4 @ Springboro
Sep 11 Northmont
Sep 18 @ Wayne
Sep 25 Centerville
Oct 2 Springfield

Centerville
Aug 28 @ Fairmont
Sep 4 Springfield
Sep 11 Wayne
Sep 18 @ Springboro
Sep 25 @ Beavercreek
Oct 2 Miamisburg

Fairmont
Aug 28 Centerville
Sep 4 @ Northmont
Sep 11 @ Springfield
Sep 18 Miamisburg
Sep 25 @ Wayne
Oct 2 Springboro

Miamisburg
Aug 28 Beavercreek
Sep 4 @ Wayne
Sep 11 Springboro
Sep 18 @ Fairmont
Sep 25 Northmont
Oct 2 @ Centerville

Northmont
Aug 28 @ Springboro
Sep 4 Fairmont
Sep 11 @ Beavercreek
Sep 18 Springfield
Sep 25 @ Miamisburg
Oct 2 Wayne

Springboro
Aug 28 Northmont
Sep 4 Beavercreek
Sep 11 @ Miamisburg
Sep 18 Centerville
Sep 25 @ Springfield
Oct 2 @ Fairmont

Springfield
Aug 28 Wayne
Sep 4 @ Centerville
Sep 11 Fairmont
Sep 18 @ Northmont
Sep 25 Springboro
Oct 2 @ Beavercreek

Wayne
Aug 28 @ Springfield
Sep 4 Miamisburg
Sep 11 @ Centerville
Sep 18 Beavercreek
Sep 25 Fairmont
Oct 2 @ Northmont

So basically vamp is only going to support when things are great

The earliest Wayne game I can remember was the 1978 Wayne/Troy game that ended in a 14-14 tie.

I was there for home games only when Wayne went 0-10 in 1980, and every game home and away since then..... even those hard years where Wayne went 4-6 in back to back years. Even when I lived in East Columbus I still made the trips every Friday night. The wins and losses have nothing to do with it. I am still planning on attending this seasons games if we are allowed in order to support the senior class. Remember when Springfield South and North would beat Wayne in basketball by 50 points and Wayne was not much of a basketball school..... I was there.....

My support after this year though will likely end unless there are changes made to the program. I will not share what I know as it is disturbing what has happened to the point where someone as loyal as me is leaving. I am far from being alone and it showed by the attendance when word got around about what was happening. People think it is wins and losses but Wayne has always packed the house regardless of their record but not now.......

The earliest Wayne game I can remember was the 1978 Wayne/Troy game that ended in a 14-14 tie.

I was there for home games only when Wayne went 0-10 in 1980, and every game home and away since then..... even those hard years where Wayne went 4-6 in back to back years. Even when I lived in East Columbus I still made the trips every Friday night. The wins and losses have nothing to do with it. I am still planning on attending this seasons games if we are allowed in order to support the senior class. Remember when Springfield South and North would beat Wayne in basketball by 50 points and Wayne was not much of a basketball school..... I was there.....

My support after this year though will likely end unless there are changes made to the program. I will not share what I know as it is disturbing what has happened to the point where someone as loyal as me is leaving. I am far from being alone and it showed by the attendance when word got around about what was happening. People think it is wins and losses but Wayne has always packed the house regardless of their record but not now.......
I get your frustration I have been there. But as fans are we supporting kids or adults. The lack of Wayne fans I seen at our game last year was almost unreal to see at a Wayne home game. I just look at it as for kid that has 1-2 or parents there, there will he 4-5 kids with no one there whose their voice

Updated 6 game schedule for 2020 GWOC

Beavercreek
Aug 28 @ Miamisburg
Sep 4 @ Springboro
Sep 11 Northmont
Sep 18 @ Wayne
Sep 25 Centerville
Oct 2 Springfield

Centerville
Aug 28 @ Fairmont
Sep 4 Springfield
Sep 11 Wayne
Sep 18 @ Springboro
Sep 25 @ Beavercreek
Oct 2 Miamisburg

Fairmont
Aug 28 Centerville
Sep 4 @ Northmont
Sep 11 @ Springfield
Sep 18 Miamisburg
Sep 25 @ Wayne
Oct 2 Springboro

Miamisburg
Aug 28 Beavercreek
Sep 4 @ Wayne
Sep 11 Springboro
Sep 18 @ Fairmont
Sep 25 Northmont
Oct 2 @ Centerville

Northmont
Aug 28 @ Springboro
Sep 4 Fairmont
Sep 11 @ Beavercreek
Sep 18 Springfield
Sep 25 @ Miamisburg
Oct 2 Wayne

Springboro
Aug 28 Northmont
Sep 4 Beavercreek
Sep 11 @ Miamisburg
Sep 18 Centerville
Sep 25 @ Springfield
Oct 2 @ Fairmont

Springfield
Aug 28 Wayne
Sep 4 @ Centerville
Sep 11 Fairmont
Sep 18 @ Northmont
Sep 25 Springboro
Oct 2 @ Beavercreek

Wayne
Aug 28 @ Springfield
Sep 4 Miamisburg
Sep 11 @ Centerville
Sep 18 Beavercreek
Sep 25 Fairmont
Oct 2 @ Northmont
Where did you find these schedules?

Well season is on. Who is the top team this year? How good will Northmont be with transfer qb, will Wayne get back to winning ways

WSWO, FM 97.3, DaytonOldies.org Sports coverage update:

Due to a shortage of volunteer sports announcers, concerns for the health of our volunteers, the impact of the pandemic on our business underwriters and our station, and multiple away game sites denying press box access to visiting media, Oldies 97.3 will unfortunately be unable to broadcast the Fall 2020 Wayne football season.

We will evaluate resuming our Wayne sports coverage in the future.

We have been dong Wayne games for near on 16 years. This hurts to have to do this. Sorry all. Hawk

WSWO, FM 97.3, DaytonOldies.org Sports coverage update:

Due to a shortage of volunteer sports announcers, concerns for the health of our volunteers, the impact of the pandemic on our business underwriters and our station, and multiple away game sites denying press box access to visiting media, Oldies 97.3 will unfortunately be unable to broadcast the Fall 2020 Wayne football season.

We will evaluate resuming our Wayne sports coverage in the future.

We have been dong Wayne games for near on 16 years. This hurts to have to do this. Sorry all. Hawk
Maybe the students could broadcast the games? Just a thought.

Maybe the students could broadcast the games? Just a thought.
Since the station is not owned by the school system, someone from the school would have to supervise the students. Then you get into potential liability issues and FCC issues if a student says something inappropriate. No good deed goes unpunished these days.

I have no idea.... typically I would of seen 3 scrimmages so far and could have some gauge of what they had. Going off last season's roster and what they should have coming back they should be pretty solid..... 5-1 is expected.

have more returning then people expect. Almost entire defense returns. Offense lost runningbacks/ Stephens but return kids who played a lot of snaps last year
Springfield has plenty of dudes to fill in, but the Cats did lose 6 of top 10 tacklers & most of its top WRs last year.

Watch the game online. Tkds has other Gwoc games as well. In addition to other sports and schools
Screenshot_20200827-180743_Facebook.jpg

Wayne has lost their mental toughness and discipline. I watched the most undisciplined team in high school football last year. My sense is that won’t change.

You have company. The entire league seems decimated. Beavercreek no longer has a pulse. The Fairmont - Centerville game almost looked like a JV match. Seems like HS football in general has taken a huge nose dive since the late 2000’s. That being said, I completely understand why. It’s just a little sad because things were very competitive not so long ago.

Last edited:
You have company. The entire league seems decimated. Beavercreek no longer has a pulse. The Fairmont - Centerville game almost looked like a JV match. Seems like HS football in general has taken a huge nose dive since the late 2000’s. That being said, I completely understand why. It’s just a little sad because things were very competitive not so long ago.
Bavercreek was only good for a couple years anyway when they had the Moore kid and the other who ended up at OSU. The league is far from decimated.
The parts I watched of Fairmont /Centerville looked like two teams still finding their way which is rough especially with no scrimmages. Northmont offense looked like it was rolling as well as Boro. Wayne looked much improved from last year and Springfield is young but showed they have some guys who can make plays.

I completely disagree. The GWOC will be one of the toughest D1 leagues in the state. It is more balanced this year without 1 dominant team like Springfield last year or Wayne in the past. Lots of D1 college talent each week.

I saw that. He had a good night. His performance leads me to believe Wayne will win one game (Beavercreek).
i think they’ll beat Centerville and give Springboro a game. it’s not like Springfield dominated Wayne completely. but Springfield and Northmont are superior to Wayne. if the Warriors play Fairmont or Miamisburg, i would pick them winning that one too.