Week 1 Bishop Hartley vs Cincinnati Moeller

I look for Bishop Hartley to win this game. Cincinnati Moeller was 2-8 last year. Yes, I know they will be much improved and I also realize they are a big D1 school but Hartley's pretty good.

Good luck to both teams, stay healthy.

This is a hard first game for Big Moe with their new coach. Chaotic summer for all Ohio teams for any first-year coach to contend with, and his boys are going against arguably the most well-oiled machine north of the D-IV enrollment line. Brad Burchfield’s system is hard to prepare for and his teams when firing on high are difficult to stop.

Have to think Moeller’s depth and the level of athleticism, polish and strength that you come to expect out of a GCL-S school will be a tall task for the Hawks to overcome. But schematics, especially an experience with them, in what is going to be a hellish week 1 for all ~650 Ohio teams, may put Hartley over the top in this classic tilt.

Be funny to see Hartley take down D1 Moeller. Wasn’t too long ago Hartley was getting destroyed by D5 Coldwater
THEWOLF would be smiling from up above, drinking from his bejeweled Competitive Balance chalice... telling us “I told you it would work!”

Moeller has a new coach who has coached on the NCAA D1 level and has been a head coach in NCAA. They will be much improved from last year, not just because of coaching, but because they were very young last year. A year older with the experience from last year will be the difference. Moeller also has several D1 recruits/commits. They are not your typical 2-8 team.

This game will be close, but I think Moeller pulls away by 7-10 points.

Having not seen any scrimmages, I have no idea what to expect. Moe has a numerical advantage, and the Hawks tend to take a few weeks to gel and get a rhythm going. Mrs Misericordiam et Pulchritudo and I will be home on the couch for this season. Hartley will be a little smaller but just as fast. Not as deep and conditioning may still be a work in progress. Looking forward to seeing how midget hide-the-ball matches up against the big leagues.

Moeller has a new coach who has coached on the NCAA D1 level and has been a head coach in NCAA. They will be much improved from last year, not just because of coaching, but because they were very young last year. A year older with the experience from last year will be the difference. Moeller also has several D1 recruits/commits. They are not your typical 2-8 team.

This game will be close, but I think Moeller pulls away by 7-10 points.

Welcome to the GCL Hartley, and patting myself on the back for the prediction. Moeller is MUCH improved, and they will be even better next season. Their junior class is very strong as is their current sophomore class.

I was wrong on my prediction. Great job Moeller on the big win, keep it going... Hats off to Hartley on scheduling a big school like this week one, it will only make you better come playoffs.

Two good Catholic Football Schools (y)

Five turnovers, though? Just one week, but did Moeller look good or was it a bigger team just eventually outclassing a smaller school? I have my assumptions from a distance, but am curious what folks who saw they game would think.