Big 6???

Arrogate

I hope this happens and we can have a real national championship. Even though I am not an OSU fan a title wouldnt seem legitimate to me if OSU wasnt given a shot.

Harbaugh looking to go 0-2 against OSU in one year will be awesome to see unfold.

It also would be cool to see teams get to play each other twice like we see in the NFL. Will be interesting to see.

The Big 10 has shot down a re-vote. What sort of penalty would the Big 10 try to throw at their 6 largest programs if they decided to play anyway?

If I were Ohio State I would immediately leave the B1G and look into getting into 1 of the power 3. Preferably the ACC, but the other two will do in a pinch. This is madness.

If I were Ohio State I would immediately leave the B1G and look into getting into 1 of the power 3. Preferably the ACC, but the other two will do in a pinch. This is madness.

Zero percent chance of that happening. Never even be discussed by anyone in the administration. Too much history, too much money.

OSU has to be cautious, but they do make tons of $$$.

They aren't going to throw away the money the shared money they get from the B1G. And no conference would allow them to join this year anyways. OSU suspended 228 students today for not following COVID guidelines. They ain't playing this fall no matter how much the coaches and AD's pretend like they're fighting to change things.

Zero percent chance of that happening. Never even be discussed by anyone in the administration. Too much history, too much money.
Also, nobody really knows this, but there is a huge academic component to the Big Ten. For example, even though the University of Chicago does not have an intercollegiate competitive athletic department, they are still members of the Big Ten. It is one of the reasons why certain schools are invited to join and others are not. I could go on and on about it but one would be surprised at some of the break throughs made at big ten universities (e.g early atomic power research, semi conductor work, agricultural research, vet schools, etc.)

Also, nobody really knows this, but there is a huge academic component to the Big Ten. For example, even though the University of Chicago does not have an intercollegiate competitive athletic department, they are still members of the Big Ten. It is one of the reasons why certain schools are invited to join and others are not. I could go on and on about it but one would be surprised at some of the break throughs made at big ten universities (e.g early atomic power research, semi conductor work, agricultural research, vet schools, etc.)

Everyone would want right back in next year. And up until this fiasco the B1G has been one of the tightest conference in the country.

Meh on vet schools. OSU used to be good.

University of Chicago is not a member of the Big Ten, they left in the 40's; maybe you are confusing Big Ten membership with AAU membership. The AAU consists of 65 research schools; including the University of Chicago and all the Big Ten schools with the exception of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln

University of Chicago is not a member of the Big Ten, they left in the 40's; maybe you are confusing Big Ten membership with AAU membership. The AAU consists of 65 research schools; including the University of Chicago and all the Big Ten schools with the exception of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln
The Big Ten Academic Alliance was established by the presidents of the Big Ten Conference members in 1958 as the athletic league's academic counterpart. Initially known as the Committee on Institutional Cooperation, the consortium's name was changed to the Big Ten Academic Alliance in 2016 to better reflect the composition of the member institutions.

In 1958, a membership invitation was extended to the University of Chicago, one of the founding members of the Big Ten who withdrew from the conference in 1946, and was accepted. The Big Ten Academic Alliance invited the Pennsylvania State University to join the consortium following its admittance to the Big Ten in 1990. The University of Nebraska-Lincoln joined the Big Ten in 2011, and the Big Ten Academic Alliance extended an invitation that culminated in UN-L's admittance to the consortium on July 1, 2011. The University of Maryland and Rutgers University-New Brunswick were welcomed to membership July 1, 2013, in advent of the schools' admittance to the Big Ten in 2014.

The history of Big Ten Academic Alliance (known then as the CIC) was written by founder Herman B Wells, Indiana University president from 1938 to 1962, and published in the Fall 1967 issue of EDUCATIONAL RECORD, a publication of the American Council on Education, Washington, D.C.

For more on the consortium, the Big Ten Academic Alliance's 5-minute video has an overview of programs, initiatives, and impact of this historic collaborative.

I know a few Vets, The school was highly respected in my day. I do know that it is very expensive and really one of about 43 or so in the whole United States.

No such thing as a cheap vet school lol.

The death of standardbred racing really hampered OSU's vet school specifically the internal medicine dept. Lost access to a lot of horses, funding etc. My aunt got boarded as a surgeon at OSU back in the 90s while she did her masters there. They did used to be a clear top 5 large animal vet school. Wouldnt say it is bad nowadays by any means but just a changing of the times and funding. They let a few good professors walk when they didnt want to offer tuition for their children.

No such thing as a cheap vet school lol.

The death of standardbred racing really hampered OSU's vet school specifically the internal medicine dept. Lost access to a lot of horses, funding etc. My aunt got boarded as a surgeon at OSU back in the 90s while she did her masters there. They did used to be a clear top 5 large animal vet school. Wouldnt say it is bad nowadays by any means but just a changing of the times and funding. They let a few good professors walk when they didnt want to offer tuition for their children.
You would think that OSU would establish a relationship with Kentucky since UK does not have a vet school (blows my mind), but the money thing really seems to be an issue with the VET school. My friend moved back to her rural roots but she only does dogs and cats primarily.