Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Mentor Cardinals

Votes: 32 60.4%
  • Solon Comets

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Strongsville Mustangs

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
Book it, Rotsky will end up at Glenville when Ted Ginn hangs it up. Rotsky will clean up in Cleveland and have open enrollment to pull in from all of the inner ring suburbs like Maple, Garfield, Shaw, Bedford, Cleveland Hts and Euclid. Open enrollment is his biggest tool.

Yeah, I guess that is a possibility. But he has a good thing going in Euclid. I don’t see the move being as likely as one to a place like Beachwood or Garfield Hts.

Book it, Rotsky will end up at Glenville when Ted Ginn hangs it up. Rotsky will clean up in Cleveland and have open enrollment to pull in from all of the inner ring suburbs like Maple, Garfield, Shaw, Bedford, Cleveland Hts and Euclid. Open enrollment is his biggest tool.

Rotsky can’t end up at Glenville. He is not a member of CTU, the Cleveland Teacher’s Union; jobs go generally to teachers, paras, support staff. It would literally take no CMSD employee wanting the job. More importantly the politics and red tape would not work in favor of any coach used to coaching outside CMSD, Rotsky, Lombardo, Stevens, even Kyle would have nowhere near the control over a program that they have in the suburb of private schools.

Yeah, I guess that is a possibility. But he has a good thing going in Euclid. I don’t see the move being as likely as one to a place like Beachwood or Garfield Hts.

Garfield Heights or Warrensville would be most likely, especially with the support Creel has in Beachwood now

Garfield Heights or Warrensville would be most likely, especially with the support Creel has in Beachwood now

The Creel situation at Beachwood is complicated. He has a core group of vocal parents that support him but the Admin is not a fan and are worried he will bring unwanted negative attention to the school with his lose interpretation of OHSAA rules. Another major miss step and he gets KOed from that position. They did the same thing with the hoop programs. Rotsky would bring much of the same to Beachwood so even though he is a grad he would be a much better fit at a Garfield or Warrensville once his act wears thin at Euclid.

The Creel situation at Beachwood is complicated. He has a core group of vocal parents that support him but the Admin is not a fan and are worried he will bring unwanted negative attention to the school with his lose interpretation of OHSAA rules. Another major miss step and he gets KOed from that position. They did the same thing with the hoop programs. Rotsky would bring much of the same to Beachwood so even though he is a grad he would be a much better fit at a Garfield or Warrensville once his act wears thin at Euclid.

There is a chance that the new principal and Admin change at Euclid will extend his time there; they are pro sports and very pro football. Probably won’t happen, but if one of these Ed Choice charter schools decided to start a program that would be an intriguing spot for several East Side coaches

The Creel situation at Beachwood is complicated. He has a core group of vocal parents that support him but the Admin is not a fan and are worried he will bring unwanted negative attention to the school with his lose interpretation of OHSAA rules. Another major miss step and he gets KOed from that position. They did the same thing with the hoop programs.

I was wondering why Jon Mannarino left Beachwood out of the blue, right before the playoffs started a couple seasons ago, and was replaced by one of the assistant coaches.

And what was the reason that Creel initially got the boot? Was it recruitment or something?

How ? He's just going to move from east Cleveland to Medina all of a sudden ?

Maybe. Didn't you just move from the eastside (granted Mentor) to Medina? Also, maybe he is from the eastside, but goes to a Westside school.

But even if we are talking city kids, there are a bunch of families (believe it or not) who have moved to Medina recently, so not like it would be completely out of the ordinary... sounds funny to say it, but there is a nationally renown rapper who's currently at Medina HS, who i believe is originally from the eastside.

Maybe. Didn't you just move from the eastside (granted Mentor) to Medina? Also, maybe he is from the eastside, but goes to a Westside school.

But even if we are talking city kids, there are a bunch of families (believe it or not) who have moved to Medina recently, so not like it would be completely out of the ordinary... sounds funny to say it, but there is a nationally renown rapper who's currently at Medina HS, who i believe is originally from the eastside.
I planned my move for awhile and didn't do it for a high school sport though. And east Cleveland to Medina is a little different than suburb to suburb

Not as easy a move as your making it from East Side of Cleveland or East Cleveland to Medina. Whether fair or not it will garner a ton of attention. Not Really any big name players at Bard or Campus International, and as far as West Sidd CMSD schools go you would mean a player from Marshall or Rhodes

Will any GCC team live stream any of their games? When will schools and the public know? Pay or free? Thanks for any input.

Mentor will have streaming just don't know what they will use to do so or the cost
Keep me/anyone interested on their plans, where to find the game, and any other details. Also Mentor is at Medina week 1. Would Mentor stream that or would they leave it up to Medina? I know I would very much appreciate your updates. Feel free to PM me if you want.

Keep me/anyone interested on their plans, where to find the game, and any other details. Also Mentor is at Medina week 1. Would Mentor stream that or would they leave it up to Medina? I know I would very much appreciate your updates. Feel free to PM me if you want.
I'm sure that stuff will go in the mentor thread and gçc threads when announced. I too wonder if both teams can be broadcast or if just the home team will get the rights.

I live 10 minutes from Medina so having that be our first game and me not being able to go is a kick in the nuts

I'm sure that stuff will go in the mentor thread and gçc threads when announced. I too wonder if both teams can be broadcast or if just the home team will get the rights.

I live 10 minutes from Medina so having that be our first game and me not being able to go is a kick in the nuts
Yes I agree. I was hoping for a percentage of people could go. I'm very disappointed, like many, that we can't be at ANY games.

Not as easy a move as your making it from East Side of Cleveland or East Cleveland to Medina. Whether fair or not it will garner a ton of attention. Not Really any big name players at Bard or Campus International, and as far as West Sidd CMSD schools go you would mean a player from Marshall or Rhodes

Its probably moot, but I first heard about it a month or two ago but it didn't happen at that point, and honestly Medina is just fine with the players already in the program. I was only saying if the CSMD cancels winter sports and if the OHSAA would grant some leniency as to transfer rules to a school that is playing, I wouldn't necessarily assume every transfer would be to an inner ring eastside public.

Anyone have any schedule updates ? Seen nothing on if Solon is playing or our schedules overall. Alot of schedules are out but I've only heard rumors of eds in week 3 for us
Elyria has filled the week 1 void with Elyria Catholic. Midview opted out of the contract as they will focus on conference only games.

Brunswick's schedule is as follows:
Wk 1: Vs Euclid
Wk 2: Vs Medina
Wk 3: @ Elyria
Wk 4: Vs Mentor
Wk 5: @ Strongsville
Wk 6: Vs Garfield Hts

I am glad they are going to try to play the games that they are! I am happy that the kids are being allowed to play.

In High School Football, kids get injured regularly. Concussions, knee injuries, broken bones, etc., yet we allow them to play knowing injuries happen. We don't know COVID will happen, it may, we don't know the lasting effects, it could be worse than other injuries, it could be less. Common sense says let's give it a try and let them play! It is a risky sport!

I am happy the boys are playing, but after 25 years of being a regular spectator, it is tough not being able to enjoy Friday Night lights. I keep saying, "Don't feel sorry for yourself, be happy the boys get to play!"

I am happy the boys get to play!

Good Luck and Good Health to All!
Go Blue!

Moozedad or BwickBlueDevil,

Did Brunswick go down to one 7th and 8th grade team this year? I saw that Claggett 8th beat "Brunswick" 30-26 and was trying to figure out if that was South or Willets, I went to the Brunswick athletic site and it just has a link to 8th and 7th football, not by school. If so, I'm not too surprised. When I was going to MS games a couple years ago, both Brunswick teams were on the brink of not having the numbers to sustain two (both then had about 18 to 19 players).

If so, that means that Mentor and Medina are the only two GCC schools I know for sure field multiple middle school teams. I'm not sure about Solon (because we never played them in a crossover in MS) or Euclid (but I can't imagine they still have multiple because the Euclid team we played only had 14 kids). Just three years ago, though, you had:

Elyria: Three teams, now down to one.
Euclid: Two teams, I'm assuming down to one.
Strongsville: Two teams, now down to one.
Brunswick: Two teams, now down to one.
Mentor: Three teams, now down to two (correct me if I'm wrong there, but I thought that's what someone said, Cardz maybe?)

I'm guessing Mentor still has the numbers where two will be sustainable for the immediate future. I have no clue how the middle school numbers are at Medina (enough to still have two teams) but from what I can recall this current junior class was over 60 combined at 8th; the current sophomore class was right around 60 at 8th; but this year's freshman class was probably around 50 last year combined. So, I'm guessing the numbers are dropping a bit as well, though, not as steep as it seems it is at other schools.

BTW, for those who are interested, in Freshmen yesterday:

Brunswick 24, Euclid 8
Medina 26, Mentor 14

I'm assuming neither Strongsville or Solon played, and didn't bother trying to find Elyria since they are gone after this year.

Mentor: Three teams, now down to two (correct me if I'm wrong there, but I thought that's what someone said, Cardz maybe?)

I'm guessing Mentor still has the numbers where two will be sustainable for the immediate future. I have no clue how the middle school numbers are at Medina (enough to still have two teams) but from what I can recall this current junior class was over 60 combined at 8th; the current sophomore class was right around 60 at 8th; but this year's freshman class was probably around 50 last year combined. So, I'm guessing the numbers are dropping a bit as well, though, not as steep as it seems it is at other schools.

Mentor consolidated down from three to two middle schools two years ago when Ridge became an elementary school. I don't see this changing anytime in the foreseeable future.

Yes, Brunswick consolidated into one Middle School this year. Construction is not finished, but since all classes are online for at least the 1st nine weeks, the new Middle School should be open by then.