The Official 2020 Cincinnati Reds Thread

I stand by what I say. I agree with ownership. Can you think of worse owners than the Brown Family. And while the Reds appear to try more the end result is the same. Look at their record the last 5 years
Cincinnati is where sports go to die. No deep meaning. Don’t overthink it. It’s just so
But it’s not like they’re struggling bc of the city. There’s no correlation bw the franchises success/lack thereof

Ok- I'm a Pirates fan so I dont want to bust up the Reds fans. I think Votto has had a stellar career, but best hitting Red? In the Big Red Machine heyday where is he batting in the lineup?
Of course let's not forget about Frank Robinson

I think it would be fair to say Votto is "among the top 5 Reds hitters of all time". But not the clear-cut "best hitter".

i mean - we had the "Hit King", plus Frank R, Bench, Morgan, Larkin. And Billy Hamilton! Plenty of Hall of Famer hitters to choose from.

Pro sports really have nothing to do with the city their located in. It all starts with ownership and team building. Oakland has 2 of the best run franchises (Athletics and Warriors) and had one of the most dysfunctional (Raiders). Everyone just thinks there’s some kind of correlation bc they often root for the same pro sports teams within the city.
Uh, Oakland currently has one professional franchise.

But it’s not like they’re struggling bc of the city. There’s no correlation bw the franchises success/lack thereof
Uh, actually there is a correlation, the smaller the market, the cheaper the team is=Cincinnati Reds. The bigger the market=more $ to spend on big -time players which usually=consistent success, Yankees,Cubs,Dodgers,Astros.

Uh, actually there is a correlation, the smaller the market, the cheaper the team is=Cincinnati Reds. The bigger the market=more $ to spend on big -time players which usually=consistent success, Yankees,Cubs,Dodgers,Astros.

That matters in Baseball with no salary cap. However, the fact the Bengals suck has no crossover impact on the Reds sucking.

It has Everything to do with it. He’s a loser don’t be stupid. Recognize the obvious
In 2017 Joey had a monster year. He was barely second in MVP voting yet you're saying it was his fault that the Reds pitching was beyond abysmal?

Lol

And you think I'm the stupid one.... LMAO

Really. Pete might take exception
That’s a laughable statement. Simply ridiculous. You just list any credibility you may have ever had.
He shouldn't. Votto has been better throughout his career in pretty much every facet of the game.

In 2017 Joey had a monster year. He was barely second in MVP voting yet you're saying it was his fault that the Reds pitching was beyond abysmal?

Lol

And you think I'm the stupid one.... LMAO
Can’t change facts. He’s the leader of a losing team.....leading loser

He shouldn't. Votto has been better throughout his career in pretty much every facet of the game.
Refresh my memory. How many World Series rings does Joey have....let me help in ...that would be a Zero
The most important category. The goal in every clubhouse
Your statement gave me a good laugh

Perez would have stayed at 3rd
No he wouldn’t have, the key to the BRM was moving Rose to third and putting Foster in left. Votto has been a good little player but never has done much when it counted. Ask yourself who you would have wanted up in the clutch, Perez, Foster or Votto

No he wouldn’t have, the key to the BRM was moving Rose to third and putting Foster in left. Votto has been a good little player but never has done much when it counted. Ask yourself who you would have wanted up in the clutch, Perez, Foster or Votto
Trade Perez or Foster for starting pitching and play Votto at first. ??‍♂️

The easy choice in clutch situations is Votto. The data clearly backs it up. Not even close, really.

Career batting splits
BA/OBP/SL%/OPS

2 outs, RISP
Votto .274/.471/.501/.972
Perez .258/.352/.430/.781
Foster .255/.369/.444/.814

Late and close
Votto .278/.423/.460/.883
Perez .300/.370/.490/.860
Foster .260/.329/.432/.761

Tie game
Votto .311/.420/.518/.937