Mike DeWine 2pm Briefing Thursday Aug. 13

I don't foresee bands or cheerleaders. They will be allowed to do their competitions. Marching band and cheer competitions. That will be their shining moment. Fans will most likely be somewhere around immediate family and possibly grandparents. If tickets are leftover, then first come, first serve. I would assume most schools will set aside at least 2-4 tix per player for their section of the stadium.
I think a lot will come down to the size of your stadium. If you have a small stadium, less leadway. If you have a 10,000 seat stadium, you can obviously deal with more people

Regarding the playing of high school football, Governor DeWine just stated, “Decision will be made by parents and made by schools......"
So all the scientific data, all of the glossy charts, all of the medical-based information created a virtual statewide shutdown since March. But suddenly when it comes to high school sports DeWine is going to turn to parents and school districts for a decision. What a joke! This just solidifies the fact that a lot of what we've been told since March is complete nonsense. What a fiasco!

Is this presser about Covid or racism? He just said racism is a public health crisis.

The best one the Little Dictator said today was that it’s wrong that Black folks in Ohio are more likely to be Diabetic. Like most people can really help being diabetic. Really sounded like being diabetic is wrong, should tell us All wtf he thinks of us.

Dictator DeWine =Circus Clown at best!

YGTBFKM, Dewine is an idiot. Announcing that you are going to announce something, only to not announce it.
Not much debate here but I would say it only makes sense to delay any announcement since this virus operates on about a 10 cycle. Since we are still 15 days away he can easily make an announcement next week and supposedly be better informed with another week of false testing, inflated stats and political motivations. I'm on the edge of my seat.

Not much debate here but I would say it only makes sense to delay any announcement since this virus operates on about a 10 cycle. Since we are still 15 days away he can easily make an announcement next week and supposedly be better informed with another week of false testing, inflated stats and political motivations. I'm on the edge of my seat.
Just issue a press release. This nonsense of having press conferences is pathetic.

What is so hard about this. If you school system allows the students to return to the school building then you play football. If students are not allowed to return to the school then you don't play football.

Regarding the playing of high school football, Governor DeWine just stated, “Decision will be made by parents and made by schools......"
So all the scientific data, all of the glossy charts, all of the medical-based information created a virtual statewide shutdown since March. But suddenly when it comes to high school sports DeWine is going to turn to parents and school districts for a decision. What a joke! This just solidifies the fact that a lot of what we've been told since March is complete nonsense. What a fiasco!
That's one way of looking at it. Or you could say that after "all the scientific data, all of the glossy charts, all of the medical-based information created a virtual statewide shutdown since March" DeWine doesn't see a reason to shut down sports. But, parents and school MAY see a reason to do so.

Most School will move forward, perhaps Dewine does not want to make a decision to shut down High School sports, but I guarantee you the Schools AD does not want to announce that decision in their community. We are going to play, with guidelines in place and limited fans.
No schools AD will be making the decision or announcement.

Same crab!! He will an answer Tuesday,He said that last Thursday and Thursday before.
I can see teams lining up for kickoff and announcer saying "May I have your attention Gov.Ahole has just canceled season!!"

I don't foresee bands or cheerleaders. They will be allowed to do their competitions. Marching band and cheer competitions. That will be their shining moment. Fans will most likely be somewhere around immediate family and possibly grandparents. If tickets are leftover, then first come, first serve. I would assume most schools will set aside at least 2-4 tickets per visiting player for their section of the stadium.
Since I have actually talked to several league commissioners this week and know what decisions schools have agreed to, I do foresee bands and cheerleaders.

Having talked with half a dozen league commissioners I can tell you with certainty that re-configuring schedules has been one of the easier tasks.

That's the unanimous response from the folks i have spoken to.

The only real change is the the opponent. Nothing else major for either team changes

Not sure visiting bands and cheerleaders will be making the trip. could be a school decision. Busing will be an issue for non football players

That's the unanimous response from the folks i have spoken to.

The only real change is the the opponent. Nothing else major for either team changes
Just from listening to the conversation, trying to reconcile what different county boards of health are requiring or recommending and trying to figure out the differences seems to be the biggest challenge.

Every game my crew had changed, one team or both, and we lost a game week six. Not happy about that, and I've contacted a dozen assigners looking.

Same crab!! He will an answer Tuesday,He said that last Thursday and Thursday before.
I can see teams lining up for kickoff and announcer saying "May I have your attention Gov.Ahole has just canceled season!!"
Really?

Our conference has decided that visiting bands will not be allowed. We are still discussing visiting cheerleaders. We have total confidence that our kids can adjust. The pressure is actually on the communities of each team. We hope that they can accept the limited attendance, wearing of masks, the taking of temperatures and other restrictions such as concessions. The administrations of the schools will have a very tough job if the football community doesn't buy in.

This was quite a show today. I don't want to downplay the importance of what he talked about today, but this was built up as the day for a sports announcement. He knew he was going to have max audience for this press conference so he used this time for the issues that he wanted to bring up that really aren't even covid related. That was a pretty sneaky thing to do.

The good news is though that it looks like football is going to happen, or at least be allowed to get started. Everyone is reporting that the announcement will be Tuesday.