Still looking for a summer ball organization for 2021?

If you’re in Ohio and need a summer ball team for your son here are the top ones in the state. For this exercise I only listed clubs with more than one team in their organization.

1. Midland
  2. Ohio Elite
  3. Cincy Flames
  4. Cincy Spikes
  5. Bo Jackson
  6. Lake Erie Warhawks
  7. Release
  8. Cincy Baseball Club
  9. Dayton Classics
  10. Triple Crown Royals
  11. Brownlee Lookouts
  12. Midwest Marlins
  13. IVL
  14. Ohio Longhorns
  15. RBI
  16. Ohio Nationals
  17. Columbus Cobras
  18. Midwest Prospect
  19. Manchester A’s
  20. Ohio Glaciers
  21. Demand Command
  22. Diamond Boys
  23. T3 Rays
  24. NEO Elite
  25. Force Ohio
  26. Canton Spikes
  27. Aces Elite
  28. Premier Ohio
  29. Lake Erie Tritons
  30. 5 Star
  31. Jackson Bears
  32. Cincinnati Stix
  33. Cincinnati Riverbats
  34. Ohio Heat
  35. Diamond Hit Club
  36. Ohio Bombers
  37. Fielders Choice
  38. Mashfactory
  39. JB Yeager
  40. Mid Ohio Bullets

I would stay away from the Cangelosi Black Sox out of the Bo Dome.

I have seen 7-8 versions of the 14 and below teams the last few years and only one of them was any good, and that team was really an Ohio Elite squad who jumped ship and joined the Bo Dome this year.

Their main focus at the lower levels is boosting the bottom line at the Bo Dome with memberships by adding more teams. The top prerequisite in joining is willing to pay their fee to play.
Parents had to supply their own pregame hitting nets, kids coaching bases because coaches too lazy to do so themselves and the Bo Dome provided coach being MIA much of two seasons.

They are going strictly on the name. A couple of the teams I saw this year were down right embarrassing, but hey the parents get to brag their kids played for the Bo Jackson team.

The ONLY redeeming attribute was the facility to use in the off-season. Your better off getting a winter membership and sign on with a more refutable organization.

Last edited:
If you’re in Ohio and need a summer ball team for your son here are the top ones in the state. For this exercise I only listed clubs with more than one team in their organization.

1. Midland
  2. Ohio Elite
  3. Cincy Flames
  4. Cincy Spikes
  5. Bo Jackson
  6. Lake Erie Warhawks
  7. Release
  8. Cincy Baseball Club
  9. Dayton Classics
  10. Triple Crown Royals
  11. Brownlee Lookouts
  12. Midwest Marlins
  13. IVL
  14. Ohio Longhorns
  15. RBI
  16. Ohio Nationals
  17. Columbus Cobras
  18. Midwest Prospect
  19. Manchester A’s
  20. Ohio Glaciers
  21. Demand Command
  22. Diamond Boys
  23. T3 Rays
  24. NEO Elite
  25. Force Ohio
  26. Canton Spikes
  27. Aces Elite
  28. Premier Ohio
  29. Lake Erie Tritons
  30. 5 Star
  31. Jackson Bears
  32. Cincinnati Stix
  33. Cincinnati Riverbats
  34. Ohio Heat
  35. Diamond Hit Club
  36. Ohio Bombers
  37. Fielders Choice
  38. Mashfactory
  39. JB Yeager
  40. Mid Ohio Bullets
DHC has beaten most of these teams multiple times. They have done this at various age groups. It is not worth mentioning any of the teams below top 20. This is an attempt to skew tryouts and a poor one at that.

I looked at this and just thought it was a list. Didn't realize someone did some heavy duty reasearch and statistical analysis to come up with an organizational power ranking.

1. Midland
  2. Ohio Elite
  3. Cincy Flames
  4. Cincy Spikes
  5. Bo Jackson
  6. Lake Erie Warhawks
  7. Release
  8. Cincy Baseball Club
  9. Dayton Classics
  10. Triple Crown Royals
  11. Brownlee Lookouts
  12. Midwest Marlins
  13. IVL
  14. Ohio Longhorns
  15. RBI
  16. Ohio Nationals
  17. Columbus Cobras
  18. Midwest Prospect
  19. Manchester A’s
  20. Ohio Glaciers
  21. Demand Command
  22. Diamond Boys
  23. T3 Rays
  24. NEO Elite
  25. Force Ohio
  26. Canton Spikes
  27. Aces Elite
  28. Premier Ohio
  29. Lake Erie Tritons
  30. 5 Star
  31. Jackson Bears
  32. Cincinnati Stix
  33. Cincinnati Riverbats
  34. Ohio Heat
  35. Diamond Hit Club
  36. Ohio Bombers
  37. Fielders Choice
  38. Mashfactory
  39. JB Yeager
  40. Mid Ohio Bullets
A grown man named Wildcatball123 actually made a list of the top 40 travel teams. Shocking, that someone would actually take the time to research in his mind a list of Ohio Travel teams. This guy needs MAJOR help. Wildcatball123 take up a hobby or something. I need a gif for crazy::::

I didnt see it as a ranking, nor do I believe anyone would look at this and try out, or not try out, for a team based on this list.

I have a question for y'all who are smarter than this dumb hick....

How often does a whole team jump ship in an organization and join another? I know players jump from one to another because the "grass IS always greener on the other side...." but I am talking about whole teams?

After last year one of the Ohio Elite teams left the organization and joined the Bo Dome and became a black sox team, and replaced a team/coaching staff that had been there for a couple of years.

I am just curious if this sort of this unethical backstabbing happens often at the youth level.

I didnt see it as a ranking, nor do I believe anyone would look at this and try out, or not try out, for a team based on this list.

I have a question for y'all who are smarter than this dumb hick....

How often does a whole team jump ship in an organization and join another? I know players jump from one to another because the "grass IS always greener on the other side...." but I am talking about whole teams?

After last year one of the Ohio Elite teams left the organization and joined the Bo Dome and became a black sox team, and replaced a team/coaching staff that had been there for a couple of years.

I am just curious if this sort of this unethical backstabbing happens often at the youth level.

Travel ball silly season - it's like Christmas in July/August.

Saw a team from Michigan whose parents were arguing about where the meeting was going to be to divvy up equipment - while they were playing their last game. One coach told me that the other three coaches got into a chair-swinging brawl in Myrtle Beach earlier in the month: with each other. One of the kids got into an argument with his dad after the game because the parents wouldn't allow him to shake the coach's hand and say goodbye.

13U team from an organization that fields multiple teams from 8U through 18U.

I have seen it happen a few times. Usually it's the same thing "the grass is always greener", better off season workouts, better trainers..... Where I have seen it too, is the second team in an organization gets tired of playing second fiddle. Sometimes the organizations the teams are leaving, don't hold up their part of the bargain. I know one team that left their organization, because the off season schedule was so in favor of other teams, they got the shaft time slots.

Is it unethical? People have their own agendas and I unfortunately have lost faith in youth sports.

I know kids jump from team to team because they think things will be better, but what do you think of organizations that aren't loyal to their players?

I have seen it happen a few times. Usually it's the same thing "the grass is always greener", better off season workouts, better trainers..... Where I have seen it too, is the second team in an organization gets tired of playing second fiddle. Sometimes the organizations the teams are leaving, don't hold up their part of the bargain. I know one team that left their organization, because the off season schedule was so in favor of other teams, they got the shaft time slots.

Is it unethical? People have their own agendas and I unfortunately have lost faith in youth sports.

I know kids jump from team to team because they think things will be better, but what do you think of organizations that aren't loyal to their players?
I could see that. The OE team was their best on the age group so I doubt second fiddle was the issue. I personally place more blame on the Cangelosi Black Sox Bo Dome for facilitating the complete team replacement. They did offer a tryout for the possible 1-2 spots the OE team may have, or tryout for the second and soon to be added third fiddle team in the organization.
I imagine the OE wanted to come on over because of the facilities in the off season.

According to the one who took them up on the offer and play for the second or third team, ”if you thought the last two years was bad, you gotta see this Trainwreck"

FYI-Midland had 5 teams at the 13U level this past season. How you allow 5 teams at one age group goes to show it's all about the $$$$$ with some organizations. 2 of the 5 teams were REC level teams, but parents paid a LOT of money to play under the name, and tell all their friends that their son plays for Midland-lol.

FYI-Midland had 5 teams at the 13U level this past season. How you allow 5 teams at one age group goes to show it's all about the $$$$$ with some organizations. 2 of the 5 teams were REC level teams, but parents paid a LOT of money to play under the name, and tell all their friends that their son plays for Midland-lol.

Saw something similar at the Bo Dome with the Cangelosi Black Sox, like I stated above. Three teams at an age group, and the only one that was any good was a team that jumped ship from their Ohio Elite organization from last year. The other two in that group essentially got robbed as those two teams were just plain bad with very little coaching guidance.

More $$ + Big Name = Better organization. Right??

I know little to nothing about these organizations other than I have umpired many of them.

I will simply give the advice my father taught me when it comes to spending money (other than everyday items like groceries and gas)

If it would take you 40 hours to earn $1000 ($25/hour) then you should spend at least half of that time before you spend $1000.

In other words, if you're going to put $2,000 into a travel organization, spend half the amount of time it would take you to earn that money researching what you are putting your money into.

Go to games the year before they try out, check out their websites, talk to parents who were or still are within the organization, talk to the kids, visit their facilities.

The Midland org calls those teams satellite teams and a portion of the fee does kick up to the Redskins. Just so everyone knows, playing for a Midland team does not HELP or hinder your opportunity to play for the 'skins. So playing for the Indians (15U) , Tomahawks (16U), Braves (17U) does not guarantee anything. It does not hurt either. But Midland does need a revenue stream now that the insurance company does not exist anymore