Toledo Area Basketball 20-21

Might have been a one day thing? Second "Gym Rats" link starts with a game between a team called Rock Summit and one called NW Ohio. Recognize anyone?

Summit City Live Video

Edit: I think that game in your twitter can be seen at the 3:38:00 mark
Two starters from Lima Shawnee, two from Columbus Grove, and one from Van Wert. Coached by retired Wayne Trace coach Bucky Welch.

Where are good places to see off-season basketball?
There are events at Sandusky on 7/4-7/5 (Frenzy on the 4th) and 7/17-7/19 (Nike Summer Ship) at the Cedar Point sports complex and Fort Wayne on 7/10-7/12 (Ballin Under 1 Roof) and 7/24-7/26 (GRBA Session 2).

It’s pretty solid actually. Especially since coming over to the NBC. He’s 87-39 in the NBC in 9 years. He’s won nearly 120 games overall in last 9 years too. Tough draw having Rogers and Sandusky in your district.

If you build it, they will come. That’s the current Rossford model. Private schools have been doing this for years. It was just a matter of time before public schools w/ open enrollment we’re going to do it. Is it ethical? Eh. Is it legal. Yes.
I guess I’m old school, how you do things should matter. Vorst walks in a fires his undefeated 8th grade coach to make room for his college buddy/lead recruiter, not a classy move. The majority of next year’s out of district top 8 have been to multiple school districts and most have been held back a grade or two, just to put this all-star team together. The AD dLooks the other way because he’s been bought off by lead recruiter. Sad what Rossford has come too.

Every kid on the Rossford roster began their HS career at RHS or lives in the district. Eastwood and Genoa have benefited from open enrollment in recent years, as well. If anyone has a gripe, it's probably Woodmore.

I think it's the "or" being discussed. ? But if I get your drift, you're saying there wasn't a bunch of proven upper level players transferred in.

They've all been here since Junior High - or at least enrolled as freshmen - with one exception (and his family bought a house in town over the summer).

The "recruiter" coaches a lot of talented kids in AAU who play at other schools - if he's recruiting kids to Rossford he's not very good at it.

What's are everybody's thoughts on basketball being played on time this winter?

Think practice still starts October 30th?

Hopefully it does, but with what's been signalled with shortening football season I wouldn't be too shocked if the start time is delayed and there's a compressed season, assuming there is some COVID uptick with the onset of flu season.

I can only give feelings, which are not particulary hopeful barring a medical miracle.

We're not just at a stage where we do not completely understand this disease. We're at a stage where even a few paranoid justly or unjustly about the disease can result in a very bad control situation in a school setting. Imagine a game where competitiveness is high? And we know we have had coaches the are ... exhuberant in their treatment of players and competition. Just one decides not to force a quarantine? Yikes!

I can only give feelings, which are not particulary hopeful barring a medical miracle.

We're not just at a stage where we do not completely understand this disease. We're at a stage where even a few paranoid justly or unjustly about the disease can result in a very bad control situation in a school setting. Imagine a game where competitiveness is high? And we know we have had coaches the are ... exhuberant in their treatment of players and competition. Just one decides not to force a quarantine? Yikes!
But basketball has one HUGE advantage over football when it comes to the season. That is, once the season is scheduled to start, we'll have 3 months of data about the actual effects of school being back in session. With football, everyone has been playing the "what if" guessing game. With basketball, hopefully a lot of those questions will be answered by then.

There is no way to know where that "advantage" will lead. We know neither the effects of the virus on an unquarantined population nor the psychological effects on forced large gatherings to know how this will play out socially in the schools. I don't think we are even close to the "but" stage yet. So, still not hopeful but...thanks for trying. ;)

it's that figure 8 roundabout, I'm telling you. You try to get out of that neighborhood and you end up back where you started.

Isn't he now at Central? Did Michael Greenlee over over to Cherry Street from SJJ?

Quite the recruiting year for the Irish.

I guess that makes up for them losing that 6'10" D1 basketball recruit who transferred to St. Francis. Irish are also not far removed from losing another D1 college recruit in Zeb Jackson who transferred to Maumee Valley.

I guess that makes up for them losing that 6'10" D1 basketball recruit who transferred to St. Francis. Irish are also not far removed from losing another D1 college recruit in Zeb Jackson who transferred to Maumee Valley.
This isn’t the place for facts, doesn’t fit others narratives.