Sources: Power 5 talking about no fall football

1st&goal

just posted on espn.com. gonna be a wild week which will inevitably make its way downstream to high school.

I'll be darned--who would've thunk it--all of us "ignorant" folks I guess---

I am glad you are so happy about it. Liberals are a miserable lot, like the old saying goes misery loves company, I guess. This has nothing to do with health but everything with politics. I dislike Trump more than most but to go to the extremes the media and liberal elitist ( University Presidents ) have gone just to make their point is really shameful.

I am glad you are so happy about it. Liberals are a miserable lot, like the old saying goes misery loves company, I guess. This has nothing to do with health but everything with politics. I dislike Trump more than most but to go to the extremes the media and liberal elitist ( University Presidents ) have gone just to make their point is really shameful.
Never said I was happy--I'm glad college presidents want their players (who aren't paid) and coaching staff to be SAFE---football in the spring is still on the table---quit labeling everyone you disagree with as a liberal!!

I just posted on another thread. This has nothing to do with safety and everything to do with money. They are realizing that they won't be able to put 70, 80, 90,000 fans in the seats and all the money they bring with them. They're gambling that they'll be able to do it in the spring. The t.v. money will be there whenever they play. Add in these different player unions that are springing up and its just another headache that they would have to deal with at the moment. This gives them more time to try and quash them or at least figure out how to handle them. I mean if anybody seriously thinks this is about anything other than money is fooling themselves. If player safety was a concern they wouldn't be planning to possibly play 12, up to 15, games in the spring then turn around and start right back up a month or two later to do it again.

Never said I was happy--I'm glad college presidents want their players (who aren't paid) and coaching staff to be SAFE---football in the spring is still on the table---quit labeling everyone you disagree with as a liberal!!
Spring football is much more unsafe than Covid ( expect players to turn around and start practicing again in 2 months as Urban Meyer said is insane ). These Presidents care less about their student athletes safety than making a political point. If Trump was not POTUS, their would be football this fall no matter the " death count " from Covid.

That's your opinion. And you are entitled to it. But my opinion is this has NOTHING to do with politics, and everything to do with safety. And NO ONE that I know of is happy about ANY of this crap.

I just posted on another thread. This has nothing to do with safety and everything to do with money. They are realizing that they won't be able to put 70, 80, 90,000 fans in the seats and all the money they bring with them. They're gambling that they'll be able to do it in the spring. The t.v. money will be there whenever they play. Add in these different player unions that are springing up and its just another headache that they would have to deal with at the moment. This gives them more time to try and quash them or at least figure out how to handle them. I mean if anybody seriously thinks this is about anything other than money is fooling themselves. If player safety was a concern they wouldn't be planning to possibly play 12, up to 15, games in the spring then turn around and start right back up a month or two later to do it again.
Viewership won't be very good with most of the star players sitting out next spring.

That's your opinion. And you are entitled to it. But my opinion is this has NOTHING to do with politics, and everything to do with safety. And NO ONE that I know of is happy about ANY of this crap.
Of course you don't want college football, your team absolutely sucks.

I didn't bkmk1--you have a great view of things--and I only root against the Wolverines 1 time a season--keep pluggin pal!!
I understand. But the difference is I root against the Puke Eyes every game they play. At least we STILL own the all time head to head series. I can hang my hat on that.

Of course you don't want college football, your team absolutely sucks.
Winningest program in NCAA D1 college football history. If that is your definition of sucks, so be it. And WHERE did I say I don't want college football. Please show me where. Or quit making up lies and stories. I will miss out on my once a year trip to Ann Arbor for a game. I will definitely miss it.

Any top college player would be a idiot to play in the spring

Screenshot_20200809-200224_Opera.jpg

I'm pretty content with the past twenty years.

SPRING FOOTBALL FIXES NOTHING

THE VIRUS WILL STILL KILL PEOPLE IN 2021

WHAT ARE YOU FIXING BY CHANGING THE SCHEDULE?

SPRING FOOTBALL FIXES NOTHING

THE VIRUS WILL STILL KILL PEOPLE IN 2021

WHAT ARE YOU FIXING BY CHANGING THE SCHEDULE?
Nothing they are waiting on one of those magic vaccines, you know like the ones they give for the flu where nobody dies from it anymore.

Back to the topic:

I do agree that this is probably more an economic decision than a health consideration.

Any top college player would be a idiot to play in the spring
That makes sense--still a whole bunch of 18-22 year olds would get to play possibly a 10 game season--just like the old days---just like my next door neighbor Roger Staubach did in 1963 when he led Navy to a 9-1 record and #2 in the nation--was lucky enough to catch their game at Notre Dame as a 7 year old in a 35-14 victory--10 games was enough for college players back then and maybe now in 2021!!

As others have said, this has more to do with money and litigation than any concern for player safety or fan safety.

The virus probably isn't in the top 10 causes of death for college age people - it's obviously not a significant threat to the players. And fans, of course, can choose to stay away from the stadium.

To some degree, the panic crowd has caused us to lose our senses.

What's next? Due to concerns about air travel safety (because we all know airplanes occasionally crash and claim lives), teams will be forbidden from flying, so future Oregon-OSU matchups will require 4 days of travel by bus each way - 8 days round trip. This is insane!

As others have said, this has more to do with money and litigation than any concern for player safety or fan safety.

The virus probably isn't in the top 10 causes of death for college age people - it's obviously not a significant threat to the players. And fans, of course, can choose to stay away from the stadium.

To some degree, the panic crowd has caused us to lose our senses.

What's next? Due to concerns about air travel safety (because we all know airplanes occasionally crash and claim lives), teams will be forbidden from flying, so future Oregon-OSU matchups will require 4 days of travel by bus each way - 8 days round trip. This is insane!

Man, you are a baby.