MAC (NCAA) All Fall Sports to Spring

Yeah, all HS sports are done within the week
Everywhere you appear, every thread, every comment is some version of "the end is near". Do you possibly just watch too much TV news and not leave your house to see that, other than masks, majority of LIFE is actually happening out there?

As for the MAC, there was no chance they were going to survive anyhow. Once the big schools redid their schedules and the money games were cancelled those schools athletic budgets went kaput. Funny how the "health risks" became so bad AFTER every other conference locked them out.

Those crap Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday games are the only reason the MAC has any TV money. And at around $800,000 per school, giving that up would be basically cutting off a home game or 2.

It sucks for fan support and attendance, but it's the only reason the conference is on the map.
I understand but have to disagree. Yes it’s Money, not 800 it is $670,000 per school before probably some tax, per season. The original thought was to make the MAC more relevant and I just do not think it’s working. MACs take on a Power 5 or which pays out a few million, at least 1. Over the course of a season having that Saturday game feel, many more fans and would build fans backup with tailgates, tix, concessions would outweigh easily just like it did when the MAC was in its prime years. If you go to a Akron, Kent State game now it’s embarrassing and feel bad for the programs. Rebuild it, personally I think your better on the back end for sure game day feel wise, but you make the money up

These athletes are safer at home with those who they would spread Covid to IF they had it than on campus with tremendous health care? Weak and unscientific decision. They a far less safe in a less structured environment.
No doubt. I have an athlete on campus the protocols are over the top IMO but she is much safer than being at home working her summer job, dropping in on friends, shopping. Being a college athlete right now is the optimum place to be if Covid is your primary concern ( it’s way down the list for me)

I understand but have to disagree. Yes it’s Money, not 800 it is $670,000 per school before probably some tax, per season. The original thought was to make the MAC more relevant and I just do not think it’s working. MACs take on a Power 5 or which pays out a few million, at least 1. Over the course of a season having that Saturday game feel, many more fans and would build fans backup with tailgates, tix, concessions would outweigh easily just like it did when the MAC was in its prime years. If you go to a Akron, Kent State game now it’s embarrassing and feel bad for the programs. Rebuild it, personally I think your better on the back end for sure game day feel wise, but you make the money up
Other than the power 5, there aren't other relevant conferences. MAC is cashing out in playing the big boys and their contract with ESPN even tho that means selling out and playing week night games to little crowds.

Other than the power 5, there aren't other relevant conferences. MAC is cashing out in playing the big boys and their contract with ESPN even tho that means selling out and playing week night games to little crowds.
Right. I get it. Just wonder if no tv deal, your still gonna cash out with big boys, may be better off and make more money in the long run. That 13 teams splitting that TV deal. Fill the stands could re coup some big money.

Right. I get it. Just wonder if no tv deal, your still gonna cash out with big boys, may be better off and make more money in the long run. That 13 teams splitting that TV deal. Fill the stands could re coup some big money.
Would take time but one could compare attendance between normal Saturday games vs those during the week on ESPN. It's just what1 game per week? The ESPN deal probably is a better deal than, plus it can be a good recruiting tool as kids know they will be on tv at times compared ti other non power 5 s

162,000now dead in 4 months from "a little flu virus." Hope that you or one of your close relatives don't get it. If so, that might change your stupid attitute.
A lot of those deaths were cancer , heart disease, etc. They just ring them up Covid, because they tested positive, when they died. Wake up

Wonder why I see on the national news show all these segments on children getting and dying from the virus and hundreds of other getting some virus connected disease.

Wonder why I see on the national news show sall these segments on children getting and dying from the virus and hundreds of other getting some virus connected disease.
Propaganda that is fear mongering you. NEWS FLASH- the news lies, and exaggerates a lot of things.

Don't worry everyone. Wghfan knows the truth. He spent ten minutes watching YouTube videos and reading Facebook posts. Such a grand conspiracy figured out thanks to his stellar intellect.

Don't worry everyone. Wghfan knows the truth. He spent ten minutes watching YouTube videos and reading Facebook posts. Such a grand conspiracy figured out thanks to his stellar intellect.
You can just keep getting minipulated, by all the big news, and media. Sorry I'm against it

Wonder why I see on the national news show all these segments on children getting and dying from the virus and hundreds of other getting some virus connected disease.
The children dying are outliers that’s why they are news. That and the MSM are overplaying anything negative. All you have to do is look at the CDC site to see deaths by age.

You can just keep getting minipulated, by all the big news, and media. Sorry I'm against it
I'm just curious, legitimately, how you're so certain your position and your information is correct when you feel virtually everyone is lying to you.

What standard are you using to verify what's real and what's fake under such ridiculous odds.

Or is it just a matter of "this is what I believe and no matter what the conspiracy just grows bigger to account for any new data I don't like"?

I'm just curious, legitimately, how you're so certain your position and your information is correct when you feel virtually everyone is lying to you.

What standard are you using to verify what's real and what's fake under such ridiculous odds.

Or is it just a matter of "this is what I believe and no matter what the conspiracy just grows bigger to account for any new data I don't like"?
I did not say everyone is lying to me. I said news and media such as CNN, and that sort. Now I have a few relatives,and close friends,that work in the medical field, so I will trust what they say more to me. If you look at it closely enough, you will see that numbers and data don't add up. Cases over exaggerated, and also deaths. Believe what you want, but I believe in a lot of exaggerated stuff with this whole pandemic

I did not say everyone is lying to me. I said news and media such as CNN, and that sort. Now I have a few relatives,and close friends,that work in the medical field, so I will trust what they say more to me. If you look at it closely enough, you will see that numbers and data don't add up. Cases over exaggerated, and also deaths. Believe what you want, but I believe in a lot of exaggerated stuff with this whole pandemic

And where, exactly, are they getting their data from?

Inferring that people you know are inherently trustworthy and people you don't know are not trustworthy is a problem for you.

You're weighting their opinion higher because of your own bias that you've not accounted for in your decision making process.

You want a particular result and will trust the echo chamber you surround yourself with.

Confirmation bias is a powerful thing.

And where, exactly, are they getting their data from?

Inferring that people you know are inherently trustworthy and people you don't know are not trustworthy is a problem for you.

You're weighting their opinion higher because of your own bias that you've not accounted for in your decision making process.

You want a particular result and will trust the echo chamber you surround yourself with.
The bottom line is, it is over exaggerated to me. Believe what you want, but you are not changing my opinion.

I had already determined changing your opinion would be impossible.
Everybody has their opinion on it. I don't expect to change yours either. There are plenty of people that feel the same way I do. Just like a lot of people are all in on the virus, like you are. So we can just agree to disagree I guess

... awe ... the friend of a friend ... or I know somebody ... defense!