MAC (NCAA) All Fall Sports to Spring

This has nothing to do with HS football in Ohio. What will likely happen in the power 5 will play, and the lower conferences will delay until spring.

In college it’s more of an economical decision, in high school, it’s preserving the experience. You can’t really compare them.
In high school it is an economic decision for the OHHSA. If it were an experience thing, just move to the Spring.

Dweenie knew this was coming and will ultimately be forced to cancell HS fb. He just wanted to look like the good guy this week and allow it to go on .....he's playing y'all

Well, I completely agree with you for once

In high school it is an economic decision for the OHHSA. If it were an experience thing, just move to the Spring.

Yeah nothing like the experience of having to choose between 2 sports you have always played. Medium and small schools a lot of the athletes that make up track and field and baseball squads are football players. The only way spring football works is if you flip and have baseball/track in the fall and it’s far too late in the game for that.

No way HS is played in Midwest now, especially Ohio when only two colleges in Ohio are even scheduled to play this Fall. No way.

Zero to do with HS football and 100% to do with money. These schools are teetering on the brink of bankruptcy and not being able to play against the big ten and other money games is the reason to shut it down. If they still played those games they would be playing the season. Nice try though.

MAC still plays football?

in all seriousness, I think you had to see it coming... although they said it wasn't about money... it almost has to have some component to the decision

Finances are always a consideration, do these schools now furlough or slash the football staffs? If not I don't see how improves the financial situation dramatically.

So how many players does OSU lose if they play in the Spring? Anyone with NFL interest aren’t playing. Fields won’t be on the field for one.

ez
So how many players does OSU lose if they play in the Spring? Anyone with NFL interest aren’t playing. Fields won’t be on the field for one.

They will lose a lot of talent, like many other teams. It completely sucks, team was loaded.

No way HS is played in Midwest now, especially Ohio when only two colleges in Ohio are even scheduled to play this Fall. No way.

High schools don't travel hours and hours and hours for games. Majority do not stay in hotels.

You really need to have limits to not understand the differences.

Ha! It’s not safe for college it’s surely not safe for high school. Use your brain. If it was they would be playing this Fall.
These athletes are safer at home with those who they would spread Covid to IF they had it than on campus with tremendous health care? Weak and unscientific decision. They a far less safe in a less structured environment.

These athletes are safer at home with those who they would spread Covid to IF they had it than on campus with tremendous health care? Weak and unscientific decision. They a far less safe in a less structured environment.

Not going to disagree with you. However, the MAC saying that the science and info they received putting players in danger is the exact information all of the Power 5 conferences have and know. This is why they have no other choice to shut it down and will in the next 3-4 days.

Not going to disagree with you. However, the MAC saying that the science and info they received putting players in danger is the exact information all of the Power 5 conferences have and know. This is why they have no other choice to shut it down and will in the next 3-4 days.
BS.

Interesting that they think they can have Cross Country and Track and Field in the same season. They mentioned that the medical advisors recommended it. No mention of the financial advisors, but still so many just keep spewing that like you are in the know.

Oh, and Nancy, football players can't possibly only take a month off before getting ready for the next season. Like they do right now.

Saw some reporters on Twitter saying a power 5 AD said the bigger conferences looking to move to spring is more about how to handle organization of players into collective bargaining units type situation

Don't be a dope. They are done, we are done. I can't believe it.

Ok i'm not going to argue but Where are you getting your sources from, I have found nothing saying that college will affect high school, or is this all speculation, because i'm just curious? because I found this article published after the MAC postponed, with one of the AD in the Board of Directors claiming that the expectation is to approve contact sports as soon as Tuesday

Sources? Look. If it is too dangerous for 18-22 year-olds from a liability and health point of view, the same goes for 14-17 year olds who are actually KIDS opposed to YOUNG ADULTS. They are cancelling knowing they will lose millions, billions of dollars. HS Football cancels knows they will pi$$ off a small group of parents at each school, and he!!, 25-30% already aren't even playing. Come on now.

Sources? Look. If it is too dangerous for 18-22 year-olds from a liability and health point of view, the same goes for 14-17 year olds who are actually KIDS opposed to YOUNG ADULTS. They are cancelling knowing they will lose millions, billions of dollars. HS Football cancels knows they will pi$$ off a small group of parents at each school, and he!!, 25-30% already aren't even playing. Come on now.
I'm not going to argue with you you speculate I make my claims off of news sources