MAC (NCAA) All Fall Sports to Spring

CMH FB

No way HS is played in Midwest now, especially Ohio when only two colleges in Ohio are even scheduled to play this Fall. No way.

This has nothing to do with HS football in Ohio. What will likely happen in the power 5 will play, and the lower conferences will delay until spring.

In college it’s more of an economical decision, in high school, it’s preserving the experience. You can’t really compare them.

This has nothing to do with HS football in Ohio. What will likely happen in the power 5 will play, and the lower conferences will delay until spring.

In college it’s more of an economical decision, in high school, it’s preserving the experience. You can’t really compare them.
Ha! It’s not safe for college it’s surely not safe for high school. Use your brain. If it was they would be playing this Fall.

Ha! It’s not safe for college it’s surely not safe for high school. Use your brain. If it was they would be playing this Fall.

Football is the most violent sport on the planet. You’re 10x as likely to do harm to yourself playing the sport than contracting a virus that does nothing to kids that age in 99.999% of the cases. And that’s assuming they even get it in the first place. Use your brain.

Theres no reason not to play. These kids need the game. They deserve it.

You guys are killing me. Being soft or anything to that degree has nothing to do with it.

If all collegiate sports, including teenagers and a very similar demographic to high schoolers, in addition to already the majority of the city schools in the state aren’t participating in Fall Sports, anyone with any clue would probably have to consider “gee, there is a very high possibility that high schools are going to take the same route”.Make sense?

You also have to consider that this decision was already made with prior knowledge of what the governor’s decision is going to be, or better yet, will be used by the governor to use as an excuse for why we would not play. Does this make sense?

Come on folks!

Most FBS schools lose money on football. If spectators are limited the hit will be even bigger. The risk to young healthy athletes is a very low. High schools should be able to play this Fall. Athletes will at times may test positive, but it should not induce panic or hysteria.

Football is the most violent sport on the planet. You’re 10x as likely to do harm to yourself playing the sport than contracting a virus that does nothing to kids that age in 99.999% of the cases. And that’s assuming they even get it in the first place. Use your brain.

Theres no reason not to play. These kids need the game. They deserve it.
I think you might have just given a reason why it shouldn't be played. Most violent sport on the planet. Cross County might be a better option. For those tough enough.

They’re going to play.

From most accounts, the virus is going to be around for years. I guess we all just quit life.

Or just for this one year in a hundred, play a shortened season in the Spring with six more months to plan for the d@mn thing.

No way HS is played in Midwest now, especially Ohio when only two colleges in Ohio are even scheduled to play this Fall. No way.

ok The OHSAA is not pulling the Plug if Dewine allows it we are Playing

Completely agree with you, but read my earlier post. Simply MAC knows something, or DeWine uses MAC’s decision (so will Michigan) to make a call on not doing sports without getting killed for it. Just my take.

The MAC can't play without their million dollar paydays against the Power 5 schools. All those millions that all the MAC schools get for being the sacrificial lambs to Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, and Penn State (etc.) cannot be replaced. The MAC schools athletic departments will be drowning in debt. I suspect the MAC won't even play in the Spring. The landscape of college football could be drastically changed. No more Washington Generals for the Power 5 conferences.

Last edited:

This is about money. Not the virus so to speak. They would play if they didn’t need money

The MAC can't play without their million dollar paydays against the Power 5 schools. All those millions that all the MAC schools get for being the sacrificial lambs to Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, and Penn State (etc.) cannot be replaced. The MAC schools athletic departments will be drowning in debt. I suspect the MAC won't even play in the Spring. The landscape of college football could be drastically changed. No more Washington Generals for the Power 5 conferences.
Hit the nail on the head with this post, MAC football cost colleges millions dollars, nobody will care if they play in the Fall/Winter/Spring/Summer, if they only play MAC teams no money will be made which means other sports will get the ax without those Power 5 paydays.

Has everyone in Ohio except tOSU and UC cancelled fall football? I think all the DIII schools have, not sure about any DII programs.

Last edited:
Has everyone in Ohio except tOSU and UC cancelled fall football? I think all the DIII schools have, not sure about any DII programs.

This is accurate, D2 cancelled fall championships so they will.

Apparently Big Ten is Meeting today and the season is in jeopardy to get pushed to the Spring and announced this evening.

I don’t see how tOSU isn’t playing but Friday Nights are. It doesn’t make any sense.

This is accurate, D2 cancelled fall championships so they will.

Apparently Big Ten is Meeting today and the season is in jeopardy to get pushed to the Spring and announced this evening.

I don’t see how tOSU isn’t playing but Friday Nights are. It doesn’t make any sense.

If you understand the economics, it makes perfect sense for college to delay. It’s all about the $$$. Non power conferences were almost forced into this because the power schools eliminated non conference games thus eliminating the very large sums of bye money the non power schools use as revenue. That was their death nail.

Now, as more and more non power schools cancel, the schedules for the power schools are all over the place. If they wait, they can play a full schedule and (hopefully) draw fans. Also, there’s very little ROI to playing in 3/4ths empty stadiums with the cost to put on a college game.

There are economic factors at the high school level, but not near as severe or steep. High schools can play a game at the cheap. Yes, they lose ticket revenue, which will hurt, but there’s little overhead to play a game. Find a field, get some refs, and go.

If you understand the economics, it makes perfect sense for college to delay. It’s all about the $$$. Non power conferences were almost forced into this because the power schools eliminated non conference games thus eliminating the very large sums of bye money the non power schools use as revenue. That was their death nail.

Now, as more and more non power schools cancel, the schedules for the power schools are all over the place. If they wait, they can play a full schedule and (hopefully) draw fans. Also, there’s very little ROI to playing in 3/4ths empty stadiums with the cost to put on a college game.

There are economic factors at the high school level, but not near as severe or steep.

You are completely correct, not going to disagree with you. However they will all use the sake of “health” for making the decision.

I don’t think B1G announces today, but will early next week. It appears with a simple search with sports reporters on Twitter that college football is inevitably done. It’s DeWine‘s easy way out.Keep in mind, these governors talk daily, they also determine working with collegiate programs to make things happen. Just like in the Spring, when college shut down, HS followed. Same happens now.

You are completely correct, not going to disagree with you. However they will all use the sake of “health” for making the decision.

I don’t think B1G announces today, but will early next week. It appears with a simple search with sports reporters on Twitter that college football is inevitably done. It’s DeWine‘s easy way out.Keep in mind, these governors talk daily, they also determine working with collegiate programs to make things happen. Just like in the Spring, when college shut down, HS followed. Same happens now.

And we all know that’s BS (the “health” part).

If they do this, the states better be prepared to open the coffers big time for these high schools and colleges.

I also think OHSAA will still try to influence Dewine and Husted into playing the season even if colleges decide to move.

If the Big Ten does not play football this fall, I will never watch another one of their games. Lol

Dweenie knew this was coming and will ultimately be forced to cancell HS fb. He just wanted to look like the good guy this week and allow it to go on .....he's playing y'all