Magic forward Jonathan Isaac explains why he didn't kneel or wear BLM shirt during anthem

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
1596248631594.png

Orlando Magic forward Jonathan Isaac chose not to join his teammates in protest Friday. While the rest of the Magic got down on one knee during the national anthem, Isaac chose to stand.

Isaac, 22, was the only player to do so. Isaac was also the lone player on the court who didn’t wear a Black Lives Matter shirt. Instead, he wore his Magic jersey and warmup pants during the anthem.

I suspect there are many more like he me, ant Tuitt from the Steelers, but feel the peer.pressure to confirm.and be subservient to their teammates.

Hey, if a guy doesn't want to do it that's fine.

If he believes he doesn't have to explain his actions, that's fine too.

But, he did believe he have to explain his 'protest of the protest' and used a pretty bizarre reasoning in the course. "We all fall short of God’s glory." Huh?

Gregg Popovich stood too. Not sure why he stood. It will be interesting to hear his reasons if he ever makes them public.

1596303556038.png

I just wonder how many people are going to look back at this decision and regret it? Maybe I was raised at a different time but to protest AGAINST your government was a big thing. I would be willing to do it under the right circumstances but it would be a HUGE obstacle to get to that point. Nothing in my life has ever come close to where it was even a passing idea. I get that some people are mad and others are being supportive but they just protested against their government. That shouldn't be taken lightly.

I have yet to hear a good argument as to why we should play the national anthem before sporting events. Give me 2 minutes back and play the damm game
Tradition.
Pretty sure it is almost a worldwide type of thing for events.
and because some Jagoffs kneel should not be a reason to cease said tradition.

All the old patriotic songs suck and need to be updated with a sick beat accompanied with a dance.

In all honesty I thought this way before Kap ever kneeled.

Only time it should be played is the Olympics IMO or when we are about to kick some foreign in a sport

There’s no reason for it other than sports wanting to appeal to the fans patriotic/nationalist side. Do any schools still open the day with the pledge allegiance?