RECRUITING!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA your blanket statement that all those coaches named do it for the “love of the game” is HILARIOUS! Yes, many of those coaches do it because they love coaching and to supplement their income. But then there are SOME that just do it as PR STUNT.
Those that don’t have their BLINDERS on know exactly which HS I’m referring to. If you don’t, just wait until next Fall when magically a varsity roster is filled with juniors and seniors who were never in the program prior to this.
You have no idea of the time and effort it takes to coach a hs team. That is magnified at the club level. Yes club coaches get paid and maybe too much. But that is a different debate. Coaches that choose to run or coach a club do it for many reasons and money is well down the list.

You're as bad as Congress with impeachment. You have no direct proof of anything....just what you speculate to be true.
You are as ignorant as your posts; please read the posts thoroughly before you engage in stupidity, I beg you! You that guy who pretends to listen to someone, but actually all your doing is thinking of what to say next. I bet you give everyone you resume, when you meet them!! Pathetic!!

You are as ignorant as your posts; please read the posts thoroughly before you engage in stupidity, I beg you! You that guy who pretends to listen to someone, but actually all your doing is thinking of what to say next. I bet you give everyone you resume, when you meet them!! Pathetic!!
I really miss the eye roll emoji from the old site. This one will have to do.

?

Lol. So you're obviously not aware that somewhere around 80% of public schools have open enrollment are you? The overwhelming majority of schools would not require the kids to move from their home district at all.

You will have to forgive me if I don't think you know what you're talking about....
while I agree that this could happen at a public school as easily as at any private school, it was my impression that open enrollment only allowed a public school to accept students from schools districts that are geographically adjacent to them. Mind you, not sure of this, but i recall it from somewhere.

EDITED. I did research and found that in 2019-2020 only about 6 percent of open enrollment public school districts restricted it to adjacent districts. The other 94+ percent welcome from any Ohio school district. I am sorry for the mistake

Last edited:
Moeller with a transfer from Mason!! Another one who just so HAPPENS to play for the same club God’s gift to soccer coaches at ?
Seems to be picking up a lot of Juniors. Perhaps betting there is not a season this year, but may look strong next year? BTW with the GWOC only playing GWOC (if there is a season), Moeller will be Mason's first game.

Moeller with a transfer from Mason!! Another one who just so HAPPENS to play for the same club God’s gift to soccer coaches at ?
That guy is a piece of work. Moeller and CUP should be embarrassed. I feel sorry for kids who get tossed aside so his recruits can play. Many of the recruits get tuition breaks too. It’s wrong on so many levels.

looking at their Instagram and it looks like they have ANOTHER junior transfer. Hmmmmmm!!!! What makes this so laughable is there parading their transfers on their Instagram site. This guy!!!
Yep, like i said it’s so wrong on so many levels. But what’s really troubling is no one does anything. Somebody in administration has to know what’s going on there. Or a parent of the soccer players who get cast aside. I know parents there and it isn’t exactly a secret it slimy. In fact, there’s parents there who can prove it’s state violations with recruiting and tuition assistance for at least a few of the kids he’s talked into transferring. Or so They say. And I trust the person it’s coming from. I get the impression parents aren’t happy but no one wants to deal with it. I told one of the parents i know, a good friend, to tell these parents to speak up but it sounds like they are waiting on the arrogance to catch up to him eventually. Told her if no ones saying anything they may be waiting a long time for that to happen. My understanding is the guys an egomaniac who wants to have golden statues of himself at all area soccer fields. Weird.

While it’s tempting to cast aspersions at a particular program or coach when we see kids transferring into that program, none of us know the reasons or motivators behind those individual family decisions. The reality is people are drawn to private schools for a variety of reasons, including sports, academics, and overall cultural fit. If a kid has a great relationship with his club coach and that club coach also coaches at a top high school program that the kid could play for, it’s easy to understand why a kid would consider transferring. That’s particularly true for kids who may also be unhappy socially or not performing academically in their current school, or who see a clearer path to a college scholarship (academically or athletically) at a different school. Frankly, these coaches are ambassadors for their programs and the relationships they build in their clubs and in their high schools influence kids decisions on where they want to take their talent, both for club and school.

While it’s tempting to cast aspersions at a particular program or coach when we see kids transferring into that program, none of us know the reasons or motivators behind those individual family decisions. The reality is people are drawn to private schools for a variety of reasons, including sports, academics, and overall cultural fit. If a kid has a great relationship with his club coach and that club coach also coaches at a top high school program that the kid could play for, it’s easy to understand why a kid would consider transferring. That’s particularly true for kids who may also be unhappy socially or not performing academically in their current school, or who see a clearer path to a college scholarship (academically or athletically) at a different school. Frankly, these coaches are ambassadors for their programs and the relationships they build in their clubs and in their high schools influence kids decisions on where they want to take their talent, both for club and school.
I totally agree. Everything you say is spot on. It’s not right to cast aspersions. In fact it’s morally wrong. But I will say it’s not an aspersion if it’s true. I know that this is cheap way out but I prefer to leave it at that.

I totally agree. Everything you say is spot on. It’s not right to cast aspersions. In fact it’s morally wrong. But I will say it’s not an aspersion if it’s true. I know that this is cheap way out but I prefer to leave it at that.
I appreciate the dialogue, David. There’s a fine line between “recruiting” and having existing, established relationships with kids from club coaching (or AAU for basketball) that results in a kid following a coach to his/her high school program. I’m not suggesting that some coaches don’t sometimes step over that line, since that would be naive, but knowing some of the kids who have transferred to (and from) Moeller, St. X and Summit in a variety of sports, I can tell you that coaches try very hard to adhere to the rules and ethics governing their role. In reading this string, it seems like some people are attacking one particular coach in large part because they don’t care for his competitiveness, arrogance or general approach to coaching. That doesn’t mean he’s a cheat.

I appreciate the dialogue, David. There’s a fine line between “recruiting” and having existing, established relationships with kids from club coaching (or AAU for basketball) that results in a kid following a coach to his/her high school program. I’m not suggesting that some coaches don’t sometimes step over that line, since that would be naive, but knowing some of the kids who have transferred to (and from) Moeller, St. X and Summit in a variety of sports, I can tell you that coaches try very hard to adhere to the rules and ethics governing their role. In reading this string, it seems like some people are attacking one particular coach in large part because they don’t care for his competitiveness, arrogance or general approach to coaching. That doesn’t mean he’s a cheat.
U are absolutely right on everything you said here as well. Again though, it’s not an attack if it’s true. People are guarded in what they say a lot of times because they don’t want to hurt the kids who may be involved. What you say is fact. Nothing above makes him a cheat. Cheating is what makes you a cheat. It’s really not a big secret. Some people don’t care and some people look the other way. Few have an axe to grind because they think they should of started or not been cut. Very few speak up. But I also think there are more than a few who would like to burn the guy but won’t because of the boys. Someone on here will not care or will be mocked for posting something Unflattering about Moeller soccer and spill it.
Message boards can have valuable info but as im sure u know can be a curse. New here. Probably won’t post much so take care.

Well if they are breaking the rules and someone has the proof, turn them in and let's get an investigation started, otherwise it sounds like a lot complaining to me. These complaints need to be adjudicated one way or the other because if they are not and Moeller actually wins State, these issues will call the championship into question. That is not fair to anyone. As an aside, I am sure St. Iggy's doesn't really care one way or the other.

Not sure if this is the player that's been referred to here lately, but Lakota East lost a freshman to Moeller. He had been practicing with East this summer. It was looking like he would probably make varsity.

All of you guys are morons. Grow up. You have no idea what is going on in these kids lives that makes them leave their current school to go to Moeller. Moeller is a very good school. Maybe they all live in different districts and want to play with their friends. I’m disappointed that you guys are bashing on a coach you guys probably don’t even know. So immature.

All of you guys are morons. Grow up. You have no idea what is going on in these kids lives that makes them leave their current school to go to Moeller. Moeller is a very good school. Maybe they all live in different districts and want to play with their friends. I’m disappointed that you guys are bashing on a coach you guys probably don’t even know. So immature.
Brian, that’s the kind of post that will get someone to get ticked and spill it. As I said before people don’t want to hurt the kids involved. People do have quite a bit of knowledge as to what goes on. More than u may think. And yes people do know the coach. And i Went back and looked at all the posts and no one said Moeller isn’t a good school. In fact i think most would say it’s a very good school academically.

Open enrollment does not make recruiting go away. Also if an athlete is accepted per open enrollment they have to sit out part of the season.

Just came across this site and thread- anyone throwing stones at Moe knows what they are talking about. What has been going on there is wrong and sooner or later it will come crashing down.

On this topic of kids transferring, I have another question. When it comes to their college recruitment, do you believe it benefits them more for the high school team they play for or their club they play for?