Will there be a Wrestling Season for 2020-2021?

Will there be a Wrestling Season for 2020-2021?

• Yes

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • No

Votes: 70 45.2%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 33 21.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Varying opinions from the The National Wrestling Coaches Association. Some thinking that we could start up right away with an all dual season. Some thinking that we wait to start January 1st, then wrestle duals only so that we can compete in the season ending tournaments.

Tournaments during the season don't seem to be high on the priority list.

Varying opinions from the The National Wrestling Coaches Association. Some thinking that we could start up right away with an all dual season. Some thinking that we wait to start January 1st, then wrestle duals only so that we can compete in the season ending tournaments.

That would be an interesting situation if it happens. I wounder if teams would be able to get 2-4 duals in a week ??

I could definitely see that approach.

That's just great fun and enjoyment. Little tiny guys that wrestle need to focus on being a jockey. That's the best sport going right now.

Am I the only one that likes this idea? Wrestle a club-esque national schedule until JAN ... then buckle down and train and just wrestle conference until sectionals? I am on board with this if it is the best option if we do not have a typical season.

A couple thoughts.
1) effects of covid are still unknown, let’s face it, it’s too new and it will take five years to figure it out with a consensus by the medical world
2) wrestling is not happening until their is a vaccine which is expected by January which will calm fears
3) Best scenario is to start preseason end of January, have a 2 week preseason and start matches in early February
4) I would think that duals/tri every fourth day would give a chance to Evaluate kids getting sick After meets and reporting to other schools.
5) tournaments would be a hazard at this point. Too many people and hard to monitor. I don’t see this happening until early April For the OHSAA
6) I think the OHSAA should announce changes soon so teams can reschedule the winter

A couple thoughts.
1) effects of covid are still unknown, let’s face it, it’s too new and it will take five years to figure it out with a consensus by the medical world
2) wrestling is not happening until their is a vaccine which is expected by January which will calm fears
3) Best scenario is to start preseason end of January, have a 2 week preseason and start matches in early February
4) I would think that duals/tri every fourth day would give a chance to Evaluate kids getting sick After meets and reporting to other schools.
5) tournaments would be a hazard at this point. Too many people and hard to monitor. I don’t see this happening until early April For the OHSAA
6) I think the OHSAA should announce changes soon so teams can reschedule the winter
I think u can have wrestling without a vaccine. Football is doing it and in my opinion it is more risky.

This leaders are insane....This whole thing is blown way out of proportion. Many of the 'deaths' are coded COVID but are actually from other causes...HA, Stroke, Kidney Failure, ....if they have COVID they are coding it COVID.

1. Get tough...quite being weak. If the pioneers thought like some of you guys they would starve to death due to the possible bear or wolf outside.
2. Kids lives are super important...the chances of the kids getting very, very sick is almost at 0%. If people are worried about them passing the virus to the elderly and sick please keep the elderly and sick away from the kids. Don't stop the kids from a sport or sports that will really help them become better people.
3. This is very close to the regular flu in deaths...despite what the media is telling us...look at the numbers...the amount of people (denominator) is way understated....millions of people have had the virus but they have only 150,000 coded as COVID deaths...(even that number is inflated..see above).
4. What happens in a few months when a new virus appears...shut everything down again..this isn't the bubonic plague.
5. Lastly, if we stop the masks and open up everything, everyone will be exposed to allow these micro exposures to ramp up more and more people's immune systems (which is natures way of creating a 'vaccine'). We are going to be in big trouble if we keep this isolation/masks, etc. activity...the viruses are going to really be stronger and more dangerous is everyone doesn't go back to the natural vaccine method of getting exposed. KEEP the immunocompromised and very old people isolated but let everyone else go back to normal..this virus will be gone in a month or two...keep this up and it will stay around for a long, long time. This virus is staying around much longer than the normal flu due to these crazy policies.

This leaders are insane....This whole thing is blown way out of proportion. Many of the 'deaths' are coded COVID but are actually from other causes...HA, Stroke, Kidney Failure, ....if they have COVID they are coding it COVID.

1. Get tough...quite being weak. If the pioneers thought like some of you guys they would starve to death due to the possible bear or wolf outside.
2. Kids lives are super important...the chances of the kids getting very, very sick is almost at 0%. If people are worried about them passing the virus to the elderly and sick please keep the elderly and sick away from the kids. Don't stop the kids from a sport or sports that will really help them become better people.
3. This is very close to the regular flu in deaths...despite what the media is telling us...look at the numbers...the amount of people (denominator) is way understated....millions of people have had the virus but they have only 150,000 coded as COVID deaths...(even that number is inflated..see above).
4. What happens in a few months when a new virus appears...shut everything down again..this isn't the bubonic plague.
5. Lastly, if we stop the masks and open up everything, everyone will be exposed to allow these micro exposures to ramp up more and more people's immune systems (which is natures way of creating a 'vaccine'). We are going to be in big trouble if we keep this isolation/masks, etc. activity...the viruses are going to really be stronger and more dangerous is everyone doesn't go back to the natural vaccine method of getting exposed. KEEP the immunocompromised and very old people isolated but let everyone else go back to normal..this virus will be gone in a month or two...keep this up and it will stay around for a long, long time. This virus is staying around much longer than the normal flu due to these crazy policies.
Its because the libs want trump out. Of office. If write in votes happen molesting joe wins and virus goes away. If trump wins and hopefully for usa he does the virus is here til 2024 with prob no sports and govt trying to control us hint the mask. I ve yet to be forced to wear one. All you say is sorry i have medical condition i cant lol. Sorry not being one of their sheep

The medical community has different opinions. The media and social media platforms are stifling any dissent. While I'm sure we don't understand Covid fully, we are much more advanced in treatments. The respirators being used for treatment for civid is way down. We went into lockdown to allow us time to learn more about the virus. We also needed time to let the medical community catch up to the needs of people with Covid. But, does anyone think we can isolate ourselves from the impact of Covid?

It is my opinion that the Virus needs to run it's course. The elderly and immune compromised individuals need to take precautions. But healthy people need to be exposed. Let the virus run its course. Every week that passes will have long lasting impacts on our economy and social wellbeing. If some areas start to exceed medical capacity then put some precautions back into place. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/sweden/

If you know anyone that recovers, please encourage them to donate plasma.
How many 16-18 year olds Died today in car accidents? 6 a day listed in this old study. I'm sure we could save many lives if we stopped teenagers from driving. But that's not a practical solution. Neither is isolating our youth imo

Saw this....

Attachments

• Resized_106824433211_9_2_Screenshot_20200805-080208_Facebook.jpeg
    Resized_106824433211_9_2_Screenshot_20200805-080208_Facebook.jpeg
    90.3 KB · Views: 71

I find this one very amusing and shows the mentality that has led this country to where it is now. How easily you forget about all the native american nations that were wiped out by disease from these pioneers. SO much irony here...lol
No need to address the rest of your MAGA conspiracy points, since it seems you are listening to politicians and conspiracy theorist over actual doctors and scientists.

How many 16-18 year olds Died today in car accidents? 6 a day listed in this old study. I'm sure we could save many lives if we stopped teenagers from driving. But that's not a practical solution. Neither is isolating our youth imo
My only thought with this argument is that I don't spread car accidents to other drivers when I have one beyond the initial incident. I can spread Covid to anyone else that I may come in contact with and put their life in jeopardy and then they can go and spread it further, endangering more lives. I don't think this is a valid argument.

Which dr or scientists???? There is examples on both sides of the argument. They're all practicing & being forced to pick a side because of media / political bias for best interests or agenda. IMO

"When you mix politics and science, you get politics.” -- Author John Barry, The Great Influenza

I find this one very amusing and shows the mentality that has led this country to where it is now. How easily you forget about all the native american nations that were wiped out by disease from these pioneers. SO much irony here...lol
No need to address the rest of your MAGA conspiracy points, since it seems you are listening to politicians and conspiracy theorist over actual doctors and scientists.
Listen dear Sir,
The only irony here is political ideology. Where is this Country now? Where was this Country 6 months ago?

Here is a well known doctor

My only thought with this argument is that I don't spread car accidents to other drivers when I have one beyond the initial incident. I can spread Covid to anyone else that I may come in contact with and put their life in jeopardy and then they can go and spread it further, endangering more lives. I don't think this is a valid argument.
. Kids don't die from Covid statistically speaking. The older and immune compromised need to take responsibility. They can lockdown and stay cautious. This Country has to open up.

As an attorney, I can attest to the coding issue with the Cares Act and Covid using actual events and numbers. I would agree with your comment and yet find your comment as “amusing” and demonstrative of the “mentality” that has led us to where we are today.

. Kids don't die from Covid statistically speaking. The older and immune compromised need to take responsibility. They can lockdown and stay cautious. This Country has to open up.
I agree that Covid statistically does less harm to children. I've always tried to teach my kids that they not only have a responsibility to take care of themselves but also others as well. I'm not sure how you can tell older and immune compromised citizens to lockdown and take responsibility for themselves while also claiming the country needs to open up. I believe the older and compromised communities are important segments of this country and shouldn't be told to lockdown and stop living their lives so we can wrestle. I'm okay sacrificing some things to protect people who may not be able to do it for themselves.

Last edited:
I agree that Covid statistically does less harm to children. I've always tried to teach my kids that they not only have a responsibility to take care of themselves but also others as well. I'm not sure how you can tell older and immune compromised citizens to lockdown and take responsibility for themselves while also claiming the country needs to open up. I believe the older and compromised community are important segments of this country and shouldn't be told to lockdown and stop living their lives so we can wrestle. I'm okay sacrificing somethings to protect people who may not be able to do it for themselves.
I provide assistance to a 90 plus family member. They have made their mind up and are living. Mask and hand sanitizer are the norm but whatever happens they are at peace. Hair gets done every week. Church on Sunday and even attended a couple of funerals. Acupuncture once a week also. Mothers day she sat at one end of the table and everyone else distanced. She commented about how happy she was to be with family and if she gets Covid she is at peace. This should be about personal choice and freedom. If hospitals get overwhelmed then we can constrain. This is so damn political and dishonest. Imo

I provide assistance to a 90 plus family member. They have made their mind up and are living. Mask and hand sanitizer are the norm but whatever happens they are at peace. Hair gets done every week. Church on Sunday and even attended a couple of funerals. Acupuncture once a week also. Mothers day she sat at one end of the table and everyone else distanced. She commented about how happy she was to be with family and if she gets Covid she is at peace. This should be about personal choice and freedom. If hospitals get overwhelmed then we can constrain. This is so damn political and dishonest. Imo
You want us to constrain after hospitals become overwhelmed...won’t that be a little too late?

Which dr or scientists???? There is examples on both sides of the argument. They're all practicing & being forced to pick a side because of media / political bias for best interests or agenda. IMO
The vast majority of doctors and scientists are on one side of this argument. There is no doubt about that. Unless your cherry picking doctors who believe people are infected by demons.

You sound like a good person. My feelings about this are honest and have nothing to do with politics. I don't believe we should be telling people that are elderly or immune compromised that they should lockdown and take responsibility for themselves, at this time, for the simple reason that we want to have athletic events. Telling these populations, even those that are strangers, that they must shelter in place so the young and healthy can enjoy themselves is not acceptable in my opinion.

You sound like a good person. My feelings about this are honest and have nothing to do with politics. I don't believe we should be telling people that are elderly or immune compromised that they should lockdown and take responsibility for themselves, at this time, for the simple reason that we want to have athletic events. Telling these populations, even those that are strangers, that they must shelter in place so the young and healthy can enjoy themselves is not acceptable in my opinion.
We just see things differently. Vigorous debate is necessary and helpful.

Yes they have, although rare. They can, however, carry the virus and pass it on. Infect yourself and see what happens then! Sounds stupid, right?

p.s. I "liked" your post by mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.