New SW Ohio conference- Three Rivers Conference

I hate being in a conference with Milton Union already...and we haven't even started! #####, let's just whine, argue, and #### about every statement anyone says that we don't agree with!

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate being in a conference with Milton Union already...and we haven't even started! Jesus, let's just whine, argue, and bitch about every statement anyone says that we don't agree with!
Wow, class post. Not sure where this guy is from but it’s obvious he feels like all posts are about what he approves. i could care less what you like or not. I’m guessing Covington fan.

Sent you a message Weiskittle. ?
Milton looks forward to that Riverside game next year. Decent little program up there. They could be the Marion Local of the TRC. I believe Marion is the smallest school in the MAC.

Last edited:
Riverside has a pretty consistent program. they seem to get in the playoffs with somewhere around a 6-4 mark each year. but the old league didn't prepare them for week 11, so they didn't make much noise

I hate being in a conference with Milton Union already...and we haven't even started! #####, let's just whine, argue, and #### about every statement anyone says that we don't agree with!
This one amuses me.
tenor.gif

I love blindly belligerent posters.

Could these schools start a year early if the SWBL and CCC schools in certain areas shudder fall sports?
would be interesting. SWBL would lose; Brookville, Valley View, Dixie, Northridge, Oakwood along with larger schoolsif Montgomery County closes sports. Could see some open weeks that create match-ups early. MU already has week 9 open due to Dixie canceling sports.

Could these schools start a year early if the SWBL and CCC schools in certain areas shudder fall sports?
would be interesting. SWBL would lose; Brookville, Valley View, Dixie, Northridge, Oakwood along with larger schoolsif Montgomery County closes sports. Could see some open weeks that create match-ups early. MU already has week 9 open due to Dixie canceling sports.
CCC has no Montgommery county schools so i dont see it. Milton would likely have to pick up some Cincinnati schools such as Edgewood and Harrison, who I see have open weeks. after week 5, it would be tough to find games. could play extra SWBL crossovers potentially.

CCC has no Montgommery county schools so i dont see it. Milton would likely have to pick up some Cincinnati schools such as Edgewood and Harrison, who I see have open weeks. after week 5, it would be tough to find games. could play extra SWBL crossovers potentially.
TVS has Dixie on schedule for week 1, so that will be open for us. I also know that TCN always opens with Brookville, so they could have an opening now. I'm not sure how many other CCC schools play games against Montgomery county schools but it would usually be week 1 or week 2 as that's when the OOC games are played. TVS already has Preble Shawnee on schedule for week 2, and we play our jamboree game against Madison, which I believe will be cancelled this year. We also open with Carlisle week 1 starting next year, so we dabble with some of the smaller SWBL schools as much as we can.

I think 1 of 2 things will happen soon:
either everything will get shut down
or the OHSAA, OHFCA, and the Governor will come to an agreement to let teams play with some realistic restrictions.

IF the 2nd happens, I bet alot of the schools who have already cancelled their season will re-think it.
If the 1st happens nobody has to worry about schedules.

Troy Christian being an independent is in real tough spot, or a great spot depending on if they want to play or not. I am sure they will have some dates to fill and would be open I am sure if a team wants to play. I think* they would give at least a competitive game in Nolan's first year.

I think 1 of 2 things will happen soon:
either everything will get shut down
or the OHSAA, OHFCA, and the Governor will come to an agreement to let teams play with some realistic restrictions.

IF the 2nd happens, I bet alot of the schools who have already cancelled their season will re-think it.
If the 1st happens nobody has to worry about schedules.

I've actually said a few times how you just hear people wanting to "play". But with high school football, there are some very unique hurdles to just "playing". To my knowledge, it's the only high school sport in the state that doesn't simply allow all schools to play in it's postseason. With the changes per county, per league, per school, etc., this could be a major hurdle for schools. You could have a team that is affected by the virus that cancels games at the last minute. You could have teams that play 9 games, teams that play 7 games, and teams that only have 4 games. That in itself really affects the actual logistics in high school football. Right now schools that play both Dixie and Madison could be down two games. Imagine what it'll be like for schools that are independent, or schools in smaller private conference such as Alter for example.

There's plenty to figure out to simply get back on the field against another school. But beyond that, there will be many schools that face the logistical headache of attempting to deviate and find games on short notice. It's complicated.

I've actually said a few times how you just hear people wanting to "play". But with high school football, there are some very unique hurdles to just "playing". To my knowledge, it's the only high school sport in the state that doesn't simply allow all schools to play in it's postseason. With the changes per county, per league, per school, etc., this could be a major hurdle for schools. You could have a team that is affected by the virus that cancels games at the last minute. You could have teams that play 9 games, teams that play 7 games, and teams that only have 4 games. That in itself really affects the actual logistics in high school football. Right now schools that play both Dixie and Madison could be down two games. Imagine what it'll be like for schools that are independent, or schools in smaller private conference such as Alter for example.

There's plenty to figure out to simply get back on the field against another school. But beyond that, there will be many schools that face the logistical headache of attempting to deviate and find games on short notice. It's complicated.
I agree with this and the above comments. Although it gives us something to think about now. I find it unlikely that some schools will play and others will not. I feel like there will be more details that come out in the following weeks and we will end up with everyone playing with restrictions, or no one playing at all.

This whole thing stinks. Healthy teenaged kids don’t die from this virus. The people that are ‘at risk’ are staying away from everyone. This is a complete over-reach in response to this virus that has a 98.5% cure rate. Diarrhea and alcohol kills more people than COVID does. Let these kids play and let them be kids.

Thats were its going to have to be all teams who play a minmun number of games make the playoffs. Will have to do away with the computer system for this year. Could make for a rather fun post season. But, the challenge, you really need to cap the regular season at 8 games to make the timing work with all the extra playoff games.

the Harbins have a built in system for this situation. Too many schools will be out there looking for replacement games for teams to have a short season. Might be some big surprises coming though. I could see some of the schools like Trotwood having kids play at schools that are having football. It would wreck the GWOC if Montgomery county pulls a boner and forces all schools to cancel sports.
Could see some Trotwood kids at Eaton, Milton, Tipp, etc?

Thats were its going to have to be all teams who play a minmun number of games make the playoffs. Will have to do away with the computer system for this year. Could make for a rather fun post season. But, the challenge, you really need to cap the regular season at 8 games to make the timing work with all the extra playoff games.

It'll be a fine line on how they handle the number of games. It's one item I haven't heard anything about. As BF937 mentioned, this may not directly affect this league in particular. High school football as a whole though, it'll be an issue. I think of Winton Woods last season. As an independent, they struggled to fill a full schedule and missed the playoffs because of it. Now you add in leagues that are restricting their teams from playing OOC games. Then toss in the schools that aren't going to play this fall in higher case counties. The last part that is difficult, is when a team receives positive tests and can't play that week. It'll cause some scheduling issues. It may be less of an issue on the smaller school level, but for all divisions together, it'll cause some headaches.

I saw where Northmont actually sent their staff home today and is going to online learning. They haven't even started school but the cases are growing among the staff so they had to audible. I haven't heard how that affects any fall sports, but it's an example of how quickly things change and the logistics of it all. But if we're going to play this fall, that's the way it'll be.

the Harbins have a built in system for this situation. Too many schools will be out there looking for replacement games for teams to have a short season. Might be some big surprises coming though. I could see some of the schools like Trotwood having kids play at schools that are having football. It would wreck the GWOC if Montgomery county pulls a boner and forces all schools to cancel sports.
Could see some Trotwood kids at Eaton, Milton, Tipp, etc?

Transfer rules should apply in that situation, right?

Transfer rules should apply in that situation, right?
I would say that transfer rules would have to apply. I really don't know what you say to those Senior boys that are going to miss out on their Senior year of football. Especially those that are trying to earn a scholarship somewhere, and it's their only chance to go to college. I've talked to people like that and it's sad, and I don't blame them for looking into what options there may be. As for Trotwood kids... 2 of the closest non Montgomery County schools for them is TCN and TVS. Wouldn't it be something to see a couple of guys show up there to play? lol

I would say that transfer rules would have to apply. I really don't know what you say to those Senior boys that are going to miss out on their Senior year of football. Especially those that are trying to earn a scholarship somewhere, and it's their only chance to go to college. I've talked to people like that and it's sad, and I don't blame them for looking into what options there may be. As for Trotwood kids... 2 of the closest non Montgomery County schools for them is TCN and TVS. Wouldn't it be something to see a couple of guys show up there to play? lol

That would be wild! I'm assuming not all Montgomery county schools will close. I know the recommendations from the county will put pressure on them, but I could see a lot at least giving it a go if allowed by the state. Trotwood would be close to DPS, but they won't be playing this fall. You have Northridge, Jefferson, Brookville, Northmont, etc. near by as options.

I do remember as a kid Northmont didn't have football one year. Several of their players transferred to Brookville for that season. I'm assuming the transfer rules were much different back then. I honestly don't know what options are presented to kids in that situation. I'm sure there will be many kids across the state/country that it affects.

I have also heard that Dixie has not cancelled its football games yet. They suspended the season for the time being but it sounds like they are holding out hope that another decision can be made and they can somehow start things back up. I know that's just being hopeful, and we are running out of time before the season starts, but that's just what I heard.