The Official 2020 Cincinnati Reds Thread

wow EP, he didn't even get a hit or no RBI's...... I get it now.
On base twice in 4 PAs, scored a run. FYI batting .304, / .429 OBP / .994 OPS this season with 2 HR in 6 games.

No one with half a brain has any issue with Joey this year. You have an issue with Joey. Do the math. Something less than half a brain...

Good article.

Votto is batting 2nd. I want contact and OBP out of the 2 hole. 3,4 and 5 need power.

Votto understands and executes.

This is very frustrating. 5+ yrs of rebuilding and they finally looked to have put together a competitive team and they’re simply not performing.

They are obviously a much better team than 2-5, but starting so badly is magnified by the fact we have no idea how many games they will actually get to play this season. They may have 50 games left or 20. So crazy.

As frustrating as the Reds have been after the opener, I'd still prefer to have the games played, but I fear the MLB season may be shut down soon. If the Marlins had not been idiots and gone clubbing, the isolated 1-2 cases on a few teams would not be so magnified, and they could play through it. But the MLB is getting a major PR hit, and Manfred doesn't like it.

Meanwhile, in sports leagues that are better managed, the NBA and NHL bubble concept looks like it might work. Perhaps Manfred and team should have paid attention to the smart guy (Adam Silver). I realize quality stadiums are harder to come by, but 3 bubbles (for the West, Central and East schedule groupings) would have worked.

- West bubble in metro LA has 3 Dodgers, Angels, and Jackie Robinson Stadium (UCLA) . If not UCLA, Petco is 1.5 hours from Anaheim.
- Central could have used Chicago (Wrigley. White Sox and Standard Bank Stadium (minor league). If not, Miller Park is 1.5 hours from Wrigley.
- East is easy, New York, with Yankees Citi and several minor league parks, or Philly 1.75 hours on a bus.

10 teams sharing 3 stadiums means 5 games daily, with afternoon (2) and evening games (3). but Manfred and company figured all the travel was better. Sigh.

I will say those nba games are hard to watch with that weird set up (background) I’m sure I’ll get used to it though. I think baseball will find a way to finish. I think they will play a lot fewer than 60 games though. Maybe 35-40. Should just play for seeding now and set up an all-in tourny at a few destinations to finish out. Don’t even call it a WS.

Oh, you’re upset he supports racial equality and wish covid on him. Got it.
Nope, I dont wish ill on anyone, but on the other hand, if some rich cannuck wants to disrespect our flag and anthem while happily playing a game for a quarter of a billion dollars in our country then i'm not to worried about him getting the Vid :ROFLMAO: Maybe he should of stayed in Canada

Nope, I dont wish ill on anyone, but on the other hand, if some rich cannuck wants to disrespect our flag and anthem while happily playing a game for a quarter of a billion dollars in our country then i'm not to worried about him getting the Vid :ROFLMAO: Maybe he should of stayed in Canada
He’d be safer from covid no doubt if he did. ?