All Remote Learning for Columbus City Schools High School Students

Reality psycho_dad, live in reality, you'll be happier.

Florida has had 43,660 people hospitalized because of Covid-19 6,335 of those people have died. 14% National average is 7%
March-May, Florida was about 1000 new cases per day....They have been about 10,000/day in July. The goal is to do better not worse. They have had to shut things down again. You do know that right? Hospitals in Miami were over 130% ICU capacity. That's what happens and then people unnecessarily die.

From March 12- June 21st, Florida went from first death to 3,164 June 22-July 28th for another 3,164. Like condensing 4 months into 1.

Do you think that maybe opening up in May might not have been a good decision? Should they just open it up completely and see what they can do?

At the State CC meet last year, Unioto had a 1-5 spread at 24.6 seconds. (Florida's 276/million) Very impressive by the way. Woodridge had a 1-5 gap of 31.7. Not quite as good. Woodridge not only beat them 37 to 115, but would have 15-0 them in a dual. It helps to look at stats that matter. Although 1-5 gap is very important and something I look at very closely, in the end low score wins. You can argue all you want that 24.6 gap is better than 31.7 gap, but Woodridge still wins. You have to admit that low score wins. You can't keep denying that as a fact.

New York has had 441,866 people hospitalized with the virus. They have had 32,725 people die. (Just horrible) 7% of hospitalized patients have died.
Complete opposite curve. March 12 - April 16 for their first 16,000 deaths (half) April 17-July 28 for the second 16,000. June and July have been under 100 deaths per day. Cases per day is and not overwhelming the hospitals is the key.

Florida and all of us should have learned from NY. Some have and some have not.

No doubt that NY was terrible and they deserve to be scrutinized and people should be upset. They have turned it around and are going in the right direction.

Ohio is at 4% of those that are hospitalized that unfortunately have died. However, our cases are rising from March - May not lowering.

My son tells me that people he has dealt with are having blood clot issues, Heart and lung scaring. Blood clots contributed to strokes. Heart and lung issues in people that never showed symptoms or at least were never hospitalized. Young otherwise healthy active duty army and their families. (No clue if it is long term or not a problem at all.) Just saying that there is still a lot we don't know.

Even if you say that 150,000 people dead is not a big deal and this is a hoax, there are still another 40,000-66,000 more people on top of the 150,000 that have died above what is normal through this date in other years in the US. That's with some causes of death down compared to expected. So, the Virus has directly and indirectly killed 200,000 more people than should have died to this point this year. That's with shut downs! Mitigation measures that none of us have ever seen in our lives.

Running man, live in reality? Really? Florida‘s “death rate” of deaths per confirmed case is declining... or it was until the last few days, because the number of cases is skyrocketing. Not because the actual rate of people dying is slowing down. On the contrary, it is increasing. They are over 200 deaths per day now, and given the lag time with this disease not a lot of hope of reducing that in the next couple of weeks. So the bar graph you showed is going to look worse and worse for Florida as time goes on. With much less excuse, since they had the examples (good and bad) to choose to follow. They choose... poorly.

I can make a graph that shows at a single time data. That's maybe OK for evaluating a crisis like this after it's over. Not so much for evaluating on ongoing crisis. Here is a comparison of average deaths/million per day over five days ending I think Monday. It's not really any better than yours. One shows total. One shows the last week. Trends are what we should be looking at. As psychodad said, they don't look good right now.

Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 4.43.42 PM.jpg

I couple of posts back I showed the graphs of the trends.

I live by Javman's methodologies for COVID living...

Living the same way as before mid-March except for wearing a mask where required. No other difference. It has served me well. I don't stress about COVID; I stress over how my fellowing beings might be & are messing with me.

I live by Javman's methodologies for COVID living...

Living the same way as before mid-March except for wearing a mask where required. No other difference. It has served me well. I don't stress about COVID; I stress over how my fellowing beings might be & are messing with me.
I agree. Maybe a little more hand sanitizer. I will say that I touch my face too much. Hand sanitizer in the eyes has not broken me of this habit.

Just saw a ? of Fauci sitting between two other people at a baseball game. Mask pulled down, no goggles as he's recommending now, violating his own proclamations to the U.S. I'm sick and tired of this guy being proclaimed as the be-all, end-all so-called expert as to how we're all supposed behave. There are plenty of other as knowledgeable experts that have contradicted his proclamations. Fauci would end up killing billions across the planet ? if they were to follow him to the Nth detail. Fortunately, we elect our leaders, not "experts" like Fauci who have no clue as to how a country actually operates. He would bankrupt us all, thereby killing tens of millions of Americans instead of hundreds of thousands.

One was his wife, the other a close friend. He had the mask down because he was drinking a bottle of water.

Seriously, you need to relax.

I appreciate your concern, but I honestly believe I'm watching the destruction of the country of my birth. I wonder if it will be the country of my death.

Just saw a ? of Fauci sitting between two other people at a baseball game. Mask pulled down, no goggles as he's recommending now, violating his own proclamations to the U.S. I'm sick and tired of this guy being proclaimed as the be-all, end-all so-called expert as to how we're all supposed behave. There are plenty of other as knowledgeable experts that have contradicted his proclamations. Fauci would end up killing billions across the planet ? if they were to follow him to the Nth detail. Fortunately, we elect our leaders, not "experts" like Fauci who have no clue as to how a country actually operates. He would bankrupt us all, thereby killing tens of millions of Americans instead of hundreds of thousands.
You were tricked, that photo was altered by the Bone Spur administration

We have been asked to wash our hands. Practice proper hand washing. Something we should do everyday anyway. I have started using hand sanitizer. Only change I've made.

We have been asked to "Socially Distance" Respect other peoples space.

We've been asked to wear a mask.

We've been asked to not go to crowded bars, restaurants or parties etc.

We are not being asked to Storm the Beaches of Normandy!!!

Brush your teeth. Fold your clothes and put them away. Take out the trash. Put your toys away.

Remember when Roosevelt said that Pearl Harbor was sort of more a Hawaii problem!?

I blame the Democrats, Independents, Green Party, Liberarians, Atheist, Christians, men, women and mostly adults of voting age. We watched Trump disqualify himself of being President too many times to count and did nothing about it. He actually said this about John McCain. “He’s not a war hero. He’s a war hero because he was captured. ... I like people who weren't captured.” BONE SPURS!!!

"This will be a Rigged Election." “This will be, in my opinion, the most corrupt election in the history of our country, and we cannot let this happen,” "the most INACCURATE & FRAUDULENT Election in history. It will be a great embarrassment to the USA," From the President of the United States of America!

Don't run with scissors. Tie your shoes. Put a coat on. DON'T PUT THAT IN YOUR MOUTH!!!

Over 1400 Americans were reported dead of the the hoax Corona Virus yesterday.

Over 60,000 Americans above and beyond the additional 150,000+ from the hoax virus have died than would be expected so far to date in the USA.

Washing our hands. Respecting other peoples space. Is too much to ask. Too heavy a lift.

Last edited: