The Official 2020 Cincinnati Reds Thread

For the life of me can't understand why Bell is so quick to pull starters. The bullpen is abysmal. Right now it's hard to trust them with more than 2 innings with any lead.

For the life of me can't understand why Bell is so quick to pull starters. The bullpen is abysmal. Right now it's hard to trust them with more than 2 innings with any lead.
Pitch count? He was at 92. With all the broken pitchers this week probably goes into the decision. Plus with a 9 run lead your bullpen should be able to get out of the game with a bases loaded save in the top of the 9th.

Pitch count? He was at 92. With all the broken pitchers this week probably goes into the decision. Plus with a 9 run lead your bullpen should be able to get out of the game with a bases loaded save in the top of the 9th.

If he's struggling to keep it together at 92 pitches, but he just struck out the batter before and was one out from finishing the inning. He did the same thing to Castillo right after he struck out the side.

Gray said it was his choice in the postgame interview. I'm guessing all parties thought things were safe with the 9 run lead. If he has a No-Hitter then he stays. Saves pitches when they could be used in closer games.

I have zero issue pulling a starter in his second start of the year up 8-0.
I agree. Plus, they need to get the bullpen innings to get them acclimated. At some point, they’re going to have actually help win a close game, might as well get those innings in with low risk

I agree. Plus, they need to get the bullpen innings to get them acclimated. At some point, they’re going to have actually help win a close game, might as well get those innings in with low risk
If you can’t turn the game over to your pen with an 8-0 lead in the 7th to at least get them innings, things are in really bad shape because the starters aren’t going to go 9 innings. I’m a bit surprised he didn’t bring Iglesias in to finish the 9th. If anyone is in need of a low pressure situation to gain some work and confidence, it’s him. We need to be able to count on him, not Cody Reed.

D4 I completely agree, this notion that a game is worth 3 games is nonsense. EVERYONE is playing 60 games (except maybe the Marlins). One game worth one game. This is where in sports talk, someone got cute and made this statement and everyone ran with it.

Surprising that this guy couldn't decipher the message, even after I explained it. No one said anything about a game being worth 3 games.

I used it as a way to explain the slow start in proportion to a normal season. The Yappi readers with IQs above 90 all seem to understand.

Last edited:
I have zero issue pulling a starter in his second start of the year up 8-0.
I agree, but I have to say I was a bit nervous at 9-5 with 2 guys on. I do think Bell/coaches deserve criticism for the way it was executed:
- unproven young lefty against a series of righty/switch hitters in a dangerous lineup
- nobody else even stretching in the bullpen

So I see the REDS scored 12 runs last night.... alright, looks like the bats came alive....

How many RBI's did Votto get?

5 unearned runs..... that is not good. If the REDS had a great 1st baseman who could of scooped that one up none of those runs would of scored.

Gray with back to back great starts......

Triple play...... don't see that too often so I took a peak at it and it sure did look like that ball short hopped the 3rd baseman.... what do you guys think?

So I see the REDS scored 12 runs last night.... alright, looks like the bats came alive....

How many RBI's did Votto get?

5 unearned runs..... that is not good. If the REDS had a great 1st baseman who could of scooped that one up none of those runs would of scored.

Gray with back to back great starts......

Triple play...... don't see that too often so I took a peak at it and it sure did look like that ball short hopped the 3rd baseman.... what do you guys think?
Read a box score.