Confirmed Covid Shutdowns- OHIO

Dewine is going to kick the can down the road (delay season for a few weeks) and revisit it when we see how things have progressed, gotten worse. If they are better, play a shortened season. If they are worse, turn the page till next year.

Dewine is going to kick the can down the road (delay season for a few weeks) and revisit it when we see how things have progressed, gotten worse. If they are better, play a shortened season. If they are worse, turn the page till next year.

Is that the rumor for today? Any news would be great.

Columbus City Schools announced virtual until October 27th, that should complicate things.

Uhhhh....Trump saw it coming and closed the borders while everyone cried racism!!! Dose of reality. Thats called WINNING while Biden and Pelosi whined racist remarks and Pelosi danced in Chinatown (SF) saying come down and have a good time.

I swear. Some people are just morons.
This is WINNING?
Yeah, He did not close the boarders. He put restrictions on China only and by the time he did, it was already here. Travel restrictions would not have stopped it getting here. I'm not going to kill him over that. It would have gotten here and it had already gotten here. Out of spite, the Trump administration refused to implement plans to deal with such a pandemic that the Obama administration had left for them. Even Mitch McConnell admitted as much. "I was wrong — they did leave behind a plan. So I clearly made a mistake in that regard," McConnell said Thursday evening in an interview with Fox News' Brett Baier when asked about his initial comments.

Nanci Pelosi is not the President. Trump is. Did Trump listen to Pelosi? So, you can sit back and look at this and think Trump has done a good job?

Well then, those media companies should lose their section 230 status immediately. They have no right to censor information.
They can refuse to post "categorically false information"--which is what they did. If these Faux Frontline Docs are so knowledgable then why didn't Trump or even his Surgeon General invite them to do a press conference at the WH instead of having a picnic with 3 reporters on the steps to the Supreme Court--and one plant reporter right away asked the female Doc about Hydrox---they merely were promoted by the Tea Party over the past 2 weeks to throw crap against the wall and see what sticks and the Cult 45 believes--

This is WINNING?
Yeah, He did not close the boarders. He put restrictions on China only and by the time he did, it was already here. Travel restrictions would not have stopped it getting here. I'm not going to kill him over that. It would have gotten here and it had already gotten here. Out of spite, the Trump administration refused to implement plans to deal with such a pandemic that the Obama administration had left for them. Even Mitch McConnell admitted as much. "I was wrong — they did leave behind a plan. So I clearly made a mistake in that regard," McConnell said Thursday evening in an interview with Fox News' Brett Baier when asked about his initial comments.

Nanci Pelosi is not the President. Trump is. Did Trump listen to Pelosi? So, you can sit back and look at this and think Trump has done a good job?

MAGAA GBM

This is WINNING?

Are you kidding me? He got killed for shutting down borders before we had a single death (and only one confirmed case). He implemented the Defense Production Act to build vast quantities of medical equipment. He released two Naval ships to the states that needed more capacity. He brought forth hundreds of companies to manufacture face masks. He brought together an entire nation of governors and took care of their needs, state by state. He paid out Trillions in federal funds to help states and common people via checks, extended unemployment benefits and PPP money. He extended SBA loans to thousands of companies that are still taking these monies to this day. He has pushed through big pharma red tape to fast track anything close to a drug that helps or a vaccine. And he did this while IDIOTS in the public eye wanted to blame him.

Yet, you and your fearless leaders (Pelosi, Shumer, and Biden) all had an all seeing eye that would have done better? Dance in the streets of Chinatown while Trump is closing borders. Haha!!!!

Like I said. Some people are just morons. Wow!

Are you kidding me? He got killed for shutting down borders before we had a single death (and only one confirmed case). He implemented the Defense Production Act to build vast quantities of medical equipment. He released two Naval ships to the states that needed more capacity. He brought forth hundreds of companies to manufacture face masks. He brought together an entire nation of governors and took care of their needs, state by state. He paid out Trillions in federal funds to help states and common people via checks, extended unemployment benefits and PPP money. He extended SBA loans to thousands of companies that are still taking these monies to this day. He has pushed through big pharma red tape to fast track anything close to a drug that helps or a vaccine. And he did this while IDIOTS in the public eye wanted to blame him.

Yet, you and your fearless leaders (Pelosi, Shumer, and Biden) all had an all seeing eye that would have done better? Dance in the streets of Chinatown while Trump is closing borders. Haha!!!!

Like I said. Some people are just morons. Wow!

You are talking to a wall with the lefties here cknights. Unfortunately, many of them are public school teachers. I assume they are out rioting, looting, burning and assaulting by night and posting on Yappi by day. Seeing the arrest records in Portland, there is no shortage of public school teachers.

Fortunately the couple public school teachers in my somewhat immediate family are sane and I pray to God they are the majority in the public schools.

They can refuse to post "categorically false information"--which is what they did. If these Faux Frontline Docs are so knowledgable then why didn't Trump or even his Surgeon General invite them to do a press conference at the WH instead of having a picnic with 3 reporters on the steps to the Supreme Court--and one plant reporter right away asked the female Doc about Hydrox---they merely were promoted by the Tea Party over the past 2 weeks to throw crap against the wall and see what sticks and the Cult 45 believes--
So some "techie" in Silicon Valley gets to decide what is true and false? Nice world you people have created.

So some "techie" in Silicon Valley gets to decide what is true and false? Nice world you people have created.
Private companies can allow if content is true or disallow if the content is false---just as the "Plandemic" video was all BS by anti-vaxxer Mikovits--so has the "lets dress up in white Dr. coats" and give a 3 person press conference propped up by fools in the Tea Party and espousing being a witch doctor---Cult 45 watched it and now has a few talking points to be shot down.

Take the outrage on the right over Obama's handling of Ebola and multiply it by 150,000 and that is about where a lot of you would be right now if it wasn't a Republican in office. 5 months folks. We've been at this for 5 months. What happened to the dude that owned a restaurant in Texas that said this was all a hoax? I know winning and this aint it.

You are talking to a wall with the lefties here cknights. Unfortunately, many of them are public school teachers. I assume they are out rioting, looting, burning and assaulting by night and posting on Yappi by day. Seeing the arrest records in Portland, there is no shortage of public school teachers.

Fortunately the couple public school teachers in my somewhat immediate family are sane and I pray to God they are the majority in the public schools.
Is this parody or satire?

Private companies can allow if content is true or disallow if the content is false---just as the "Plandemic" video was all BS by anti-vaxxer Mikovits--so has the "lets dress up in white Dr. coats" and give a 3 person press conference propped up by fools in the Tea Party and espousing being a witch doctor---Cult 45 watched it and now has a few talking points to be shot down.

It has nothing to do with true or false. They can allow what they want on their platform. They can say what they want about content on their platform.

They chose not to be associated with it. They chose to say "this is false". Those people can go somewhere else (like yappi apparently) say it's true. No one's rights to speech were restricted. There's no freedom to a bullhorn in the constitution.

Only the government is prohibited from speech restriction, outside of a few narrow categories.

Take the outrage on the right over Obama's handling of Ebola and multiply it by 150,000 and that is about where a lot of you would be right now if it wasn't a Republican in office. 5 months folks. We've been at this for 5 months. What happened to the dude that owned a restaurant in Texas that said this was all a hoax? I know winning and this aint it.
Republicans are awful and donald trump.

Then they are acting as publishers and not platforms and they should lose their liability protection. It still tickles the heck out of me how mental you people are about that man being in the White House. TDS is real and you all need help. Get over it already.

DeWine's press conference today. He was asked what he thinks of sports teams being allowed to practice when bars, etc are being closed down. His response was vague, speaking around the issue. He did seem to believe that practice was more a summer activity for kids to do something, not as a prelude to a season. He then said that parents' decisions were tough. Then he spoke about the use of masks in the red counties being used much more. His final point was that the next few weeks will determine how the school year goes. If the numbers don't go down, then no progress will be made, but no definitive statement on sports. As long as he looks at training sessions being just an activity, he'll probably wait until the last minute to decide what to do. So, nothing new.

Last edited:
DeWine's press conference today. He was asked what he thinks of sports teams being allowed to practice when bars, etc are being closed down. His response was vague, speaking around the issue. He did seem to believe that practice was more a summer activity for kids to do something, not as a prelude to a season. He then said that parents' decisions were tough. Then he spoke about the use of masks in the red counties being used much more. His final point was that the next few weeks will determine how the school year goes. If the numbers don't go down, then no progress will be made, but no definitive statement on sports. As long as he looks at training sessions being just an activity, he'll probably wait until the last minute to decide what to so. So, nothing new.

He clearly does not plan to make a call on it, it seems, or wants to talk about it. I will be surprised if Thursday he says anything. Every other state sorting it out but us.

It has nothing to do with true or false. They can allow what they want on their platform. They can say what they want about content on their platform.

They chose not to be associated with it. They chose to say "this is false". Those people can go somewhere else (like yappi apparently) say it's true. No one's rights to speech were restricted. There's no freedom to a bullhorn in the constitution.

Only the government is prohibited from speech restriction, outside of a few narrow categories.

I agree--and I think I said they chose to not publish "false content"----which means they felt it was false/lies---same result is those Tech companies control what they want posted--which we all hope is the truth!!

DeWine's press conference today. He was asked what he thinks of sports teams being allowed to practice when bars, etc are being closed down. His response was vague, speaking around the issue. He did seem to believe that practice was more a summer activity for kids to do something, not as a prelude to a season. He then said that parents' decisions were tough. Then he spoke about the use of masks in the red counties being used much more. His final point was that the next few weeks will determine how the school year goes. If the numbers don't go down, then no progress will be made, but no definitive statement on sports. As long as he looks at training sessions being just an activity, he'll probably wait until the last minute to decide what to so. So, nothing new.
What a dithering idiot.

I agree--and I think I said they chose to not publish "false content"----which means they felt it was false/lies---same result is those Tech companies control what they want posted--which we all hope is the truth!!
Right. There's no false content on social media :rolleyes:

the whole point of section 230 protection is that these platforms don't\can't control what is on them, that they are simply the delivery. Meaning they aren't preventing what is posted.

After the fact they can blow away anything that doesn't meet their terms of service and their terms of service can change to whatever they want.

To really understand Section 230, you have to go all the way back to the 1950s. There was a Los Angeles ordinance that said if you have obscene material in your store, you can be held criminally responsible. So a vice officer sees this erotic book that he believes is obscene. Eleazar Smith, who owns the store, is prosecuted, and he’s sentenced to 30 days in jail.
This goes all the way up to the Supreme Court, and what the Supreme Court says is that the Los Angeles ordinance is unconstitutional. There’s absolutely no way that a distributor like a bookstore could review every bit of content before they sell it. So if you’re a distributor, you’re going to be liable only if you knew, or should have known, that what you’re distributing is illegal.

The "Frontline Docs" are simply bought and paid for clowns--funded with PAC $'s and Dark $'s: who could be tricked by these bootlickers--and they've been on the take since April telling America that it's all safe---150,000 are dead!!! Excellent investigative reporting by Brandy Zadrozny!

But does it make you happy? “Trump’s New COVID Doctor Says Sex With Demons Makes You Sick”--one of the 10 "Frontline Expert Docs" who outnumbered the 3 press covering the DC Tea Party sham. They are so horrible at lying well which Trump has done over 20,000 times!!

Again a spring proposal needs to be discussed. The ideal situation is to probably fit all sports seasons starting in December and ending in late June/early July. Do not tell me it cannot be done because other states (with similar climates) are doing it, we have to be creative to make sure the kids do not lose any of their sports seasons.